Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 17 of 90 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#827821 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
YOU are the one you gave me the bad note, kaddarsgirl! I have a REAL problem with a Level 72 telling what a Level 150, such as myself what to say! I'm VERY angry! I don't care if you had access to the daily challenge game before me or not! Good night!

Not to fuel an argument or anything, but the intent behind hiding the epics from players from the get-go would be to keep them a mystery until well into the game's life. If players knew the reqs. from the get-go, it would make things a lot easier for new players.

I had no idea how to beat the black flag. Now I do. Now I'm prepared. Bit of an unfair advantage to some of the people who care about that sort of thing, I guess. Same sort of thing IMO as telling someone how to access a part of the FT Treasure Hunt.

Kaddarsgirl isn't a know-all for the game (though she knows more than I do, and I'm level 157); none of the testers played all the options. It shouldn't matter what level she is though-- she simply asked that you edit your post to omit the giveaway. If she didn't, someone else would have (and they did); if they didn't, Terry or Wes would've edited it out themselves.

Edited by kyleisalive (Fri Sep 28 2012 09:22 PM)

#827822 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
Quote:
YOU are the one you gave me the bad note, kaddarsgirl! I have a REAL problem with a Level 72 telling what a Level 150, such as myself what to say! I'm VERY angry! I don't care if you had access to the daily challenge game before me or not! Good night!

Not to fuel an argument or anything, but the intent behind hiding the epics from players from the get-go would be to keep them a mystery until well into the game's life. If players knew the reqs. from the get-go, it would make things a lot easier for new players.

Kaddarsgirl isn't a know-all for the game (though she knows more than I do, and I'm level 157); none of the testers played all the options. It shouldn't matter what level she is though-- she simply asked that you edit your post to omit the giveaway. If she didn't, someone else would have; if they didn't, Terry or Wes would've edited it out themselves.

Well said, Kyle. You said it very nicely, definitely more nicely than I am capable of at the moment.

Quote:
None of the testers played all the options.

We did, actually. Just didn't get ALL. We still tried, though.

#827823 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
johnh677 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Nederland Colorado USA        
I did not get credit in entertainment when I did the puzzle
Quiz - Beatles - Fractured Song Titles Part 2

#827824 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Dave, I wasn't trying to attack you at all. And the note I sent you was not mean in the slightest. I also didn't "order" you to do anything. I simply asked if you would please remove the specifics from your post and explained why. The note you sent to me privately, and these posts in this forum from you, however, are not kind at all.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Fri Sep 28 2012 09:40 PM)

#827826 - Fri Sep 28 2012 09:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: johnh677]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
~ C.G. Jung

Edited by Jakeroo (Fri Sep 28 2012 09:41 PM)

#827829 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Buddy1 Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
The post sure seemed to change for being happy about getting an epic to not being happy in a hurry.
Originally Posted By: cubswin2323
I thought it had to be ASSIGNED to a player first?! They have to be challenged to get it in order to actually achieve it!

Now I'm even more curious about the Black Flag. The only way to get epic flags is to buy them and if you are lucky enough you get an epic. This is the "assign" part which cubswin2323 initially believed but somehow he was proven false.

They have to be challenged to get it in order to actually achieve it!

I believe this is the part where Wesley said some epics may seem too easy to be considered "epic" (while others may seem too difficult to be considered epic).

It shouldn't make a dime's worth of a difference if it was designed correctly!

I'm curious to know how this statement fits in with the epic.
(I'm thinking some of what cubswin2323 said may not be entirely true, but I guess I have to wait until I get the black epic flag to determine that for myself.)

Edited by Buddy1 (Fri Sep 28 2012 10:09 PM)

#827831 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA

I thought it had to be ASSIGNED to a player first?! They have to be challenged to get it in order to actually achieve it!

It shouldn't make a dime's worth of a difference if it was designed correctly!

Huh?

Edited by Terry (Fri Sep 28 2012 10:22 PM)

#827832 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Jakeroo,
I've always thought we learned things in two steps:
1) The info is introduced to us and we file it away somewhere; and,
2) We go back and look on a shelf somewhere in our filing system and recognize what it was we'd stored away, polish the dust off and display it in a more quickly accessible spot.
Along those lines, I've felt that we can only recognize boorish behaviors by doing that step 2 part and seeing a bit of action we've performed ourselves, put on a shelf and, on introspection, assuming it was a thing that had come to us as a step 1 but which we'd actually caught ourselves doing and hidden it away from ourselves in a back closet, hoping never to have to know that about ourselves again. How telling it is when you hear a slurring comment on someone coming from someone else. (Was that Carl?) Jung said it so much better. I'd heard it before along the lines of "We only recognize the failings of others if we have found ourselves to be fallible in the same manner."
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#827833 - Fri Sep 28 2012 10:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Dave, you said you do not like kaddars asking you to edit your post because she's level 72. That makes no sense. Level doesn't matter. terry is level 60 and we do whatever he says. wink

And, as a level 155 player, I believe she was in the right for asking you to edit the post. Believe me, part of the fun is the mystery of what is to come, and knowing the details of the epic isn't what some players like to see.

#827836 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I'm for freedom of expression. How am I to know what the powers that be want? It's going to get WORSE as MORE regular people know! I'm 4th. Wait a week. It will be ten times worse. Trying to contain it is futile! Don't EVEN try to stop it! You're a broom trying to stop the tide! Good luck with that!

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#827841 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:29 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Buddy1 Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
263 people solved the Riddle, 501 people found the Treasure, 37 people broke the Code, and answers (and hints/clues) have not been given away. I suspect the same thing will happen with the Epic flags. While I would like a hint to the riddle or code (I already found the treasure), I know that's most likely not going to happen because there is a rule about it and because people are good at not divulging too much. If it can work with the Riddle, Treasure, and Code, I'm sure it will work with the Epic Challenges.

#827843 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
kaddarsgirl, you never made me angry before. I had ZERO idea of who you are on my radar...I KNOW who you are now! Congrats! Hope you're proud!

Edited by cubswin2323 (Fri Sep 28 2012 11:33 PM)

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#827844 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
"Complete a Major FunTrivia Challenge that results in a badge being won. Note that mini-challenges do not count."

Not good for me today, Terry. I either have to be extremely lucky in hourly games, or come up with 71 more Fun Facts, or complete 30+ Crossword puzzles...guess I'll be buying a challenge today and hoping for something better...

I got that one yesterday. Luckily, I had not done the "Country Badge" yet, so I was able to accomplish it. Whew!

#827846 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Actually, a lot of the questions people have been asking can be answered by reading the FAQ or reading all of the words in the challenge descriptions....That is what the FAQ is there for too, to answer those kinds of questions.

Yes, I see your point, and we should always read the FAQs. But why keep a description that some find confusing or misleading? Why not remove any suggestion that there is something the user must search for?

So maybe... "Awarded to a player who completes the eight Epic daily challenges, which appear randomly in the Daily Challenge list when a player uses credits to buy additional challenges".

#827847 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Guys, there's no super secret here or anything. I haven't listed the requirements because it's kind of fun to discover them yourselves. Whether you tell other people or not is ultimately up to you, and there are much more important things I am concerned about.

What I don't want is people spamming my bug-reporting thread with pointless bickering.

Thank you.

#827848 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

mehaul: I continue to be bemused by the way you think. Feel free to pm me.

As for the black flag thing (not that I'll ever get there lol) I'm just sorry I missed the possible hints (giggles). And shrugs as well. I don't care what level anybody is. It's all just a game folks and some of us will get where we want to be, eventually.

#827852 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: Terry
Guys, there's no super secret here or anything. I haven't listed the requirements because it's kind of fun to discover them yourselves. Whether you tell other people or not is ultimately up to you, and there are much more important things I am concerned about.

What I don't want is people spamming my bug-reporting thread with pointless bickering.

Thank you.

Point taken. I pledge not to share information that I receive on my way to the Epics nor to berate those who try to keep things interesting for everyone by refraining from commenting and encouraging others to do the same. I pledge to play nice.

Sue

#827853 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:05 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: shuehorn]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Sue: you always play nice, no need to "pledge" : )))

#827855 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

My Medium for today doesn't specify a mode: "Complete the crossword puzzle Totally Trivial #4 in the General category." Is that a typo or does is not really matter if I complete it in Easy or Hard mode?

#827856 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: gracious1
Actually, a lot of the questions people have been asking can be answered by reading the FAQ or reading all of the words in the challenge descriptions....That is what the FAQ is there for too, to answer those kinds of questions.

Yes, I see your point, and we should always read the FAQs. But why keep a description that some find confusing or misleading? Why not remove any suggestion that there is something the user must search for?

So maybe... "Awarded to a player who completes the eight Epic daily challenges, which appear randomly in the Daily Challenge list when a player uses credits to buy additional challenges".

Seems fair enough smile If it's rewritten how you suggest, and a link to the FAQ is added, I think we have a winner!

#827858 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Germany
My Medium for today doesn't specify a mode: "Complete the crossword puzzle Totally Trivial #4 in the General category." Is that a typo or does is not really matter if I complete it in Easy or Hard mode?

Correct. You may use Easy Mode when playing a medium challenge. The equivalent difficult challenge disallows Easy Mode.

#827860 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]

Administrator

Originally Posted By: Buddy1

Now I'm even more curious about the Black Flag. The only way to get epic flags is to buy them and if you are lucky enough you get an epic. This is the "assign" part which cubswin2323 initially believed but somehow he was proven false.

What probably happened was that he received the Black Flag epic at a time he had unknowingly already met the conditions for it through regular play. Since most challenges look back and score previous play on the day they are given, he was thus left with nothing to do but claim it the second it was assigned.

This should however remain very unusual and rare. I can think only of a literal handful of players who would on any day have a chance to unknowingly meet those conditions before explicitly playing towards it - they are pretty specific and require some excellent scores.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Sat Sep 29 2012 12:57 AM)

#827862 - Sat Sep 29 2012 02:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
ga_jam831 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Warner Robins Georgia USA     
In my difficult challenge today, I am required to play 18 different quizzes. I am given a choice of 25 from which to choose. One of the quizzes I chose,as it is one in which I am comfortable playing, was denied to me because it was being used in the word twist game of the day. I had actually already played word twist. It would have been nice if it counted on both word twist and my challenge!

#827867 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:56 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Zealand
My medium challenge for today is: "Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them." but a. I cannot see where to find number of ratings and b. completed some that are quite old have sunglasses and played thousands of times but still reporting 0 complete. I am confused.

#827872 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]

Administrator

Originally Posted By: Dave42007
My medium challenge for today is: "Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them." but a. I cannot see where to find number of ratings and b. completed some that are quite old have sunglasses and played thousands of times but still reporting 0 complete. I am confused.

On the intro page of each quiz, there is a block that looks like this:

Placed online: Sep 28, 2012
Modified: Sep 28, 2012
Times played: 12 - Rated: 2 times

The number in the bold section must be at least 20 and no larger than 50 for the quiz to count. A quiz with thousands of plays will usually have far more ratings.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Sat Sep 29 2012 04:17 AM)

Page 17 of 90 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry