Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#827618 - Fri Sep 28 2012 08:31 AM Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad"
einsteinII Offline
Participant

Loc: Missouri USA
Some of us must be golfers. After all it is a thinking man/woman's game. The smell of the new mown grass, the sound of the sprinklers, the laugh of your spouse/playing partners as you hit a shank. All of these things bring back floods of memories of links gone by. My sweetest memory of golf is playing Lahinch in Ireland with my wife, who kicked my derriere, on a course built by the same man who designed St. Andrew's in Scotland, Old Tom Morris. Do you have great courses or tips or other memories you wish to share?

Edited by einsteinII (Fri Sep 28 2012 08:35 AM)

#827748 - Fri Sep 28 2012 02:44 PM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: einsteinII]
einsteinII Offline
Participant

I am working on a web site from which I can post some great pics from Ireland on the golf tour. Check back for updates.

#827781 - Fri Sep 28 2012 05:38 PM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: einsteinII]
einsteinII Offline
Participant

I have a tip for you, to get the ball rolling. The great Moe Norman once gave a demonstration on hitting accuracy. He described visualizing baskets in the air in front of the player. One had to hit the ball through them to get the right trajectory. Now, I don't look for baskets myself, but thinking of a closer target and aiming for it rather than a distant flagstick makes sense. One of the great shots in golf was made towards a stick left by a patron in front of a great player who took advantage of the stick to aim towards a hidden green. Look it up, it's a classic.

#827842 - Fri Sep 28 2012 11:29 PM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: einsteinII]
MikeMaster99 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Melbourne VIC Australia      
Take your medicine when you deserve it. Bogeys don't wreck your score card (unless you're off scratch, in which case you'll know better anyway) but snowmen do! So when you're in trouble, take the easier sideways shot back out onto the fairway rather than trying to thread that narrow gap another 30 yards ahead... Spoken as one who always has to go for the hero shot and almost never gets it.

#827884 - Sat Sep 29 2012 05:40 AM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: MikeMaster99]
einsteinII Offline
Participant

It is not in my nature to go for the easy way and I, too, have paid many strokes for that machismo.

#827908 - Sat Sep 29 2012 06:49 AM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: einsteinII]
surdoux Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nottinghamshire England UK    
Don't keep practicing 'what you should have done' after a bad shot. Instead, repeat your swing after making a good shot, that's the one you want to retain in your mind and muscle memory.

#827910 - Sat Sep 29 2012 07:08 AM Re: Golf Tips and Great Courses - "Breaking Bad" [Re: surdoux]
einsteinII Offline
Participant

The Cozumel Country Club is a great jack Nicklaus course in Cozumel, Mexico. My wife and I played there for five days for the price of the golf cart rental. The last three holes are a "Bear".

Moderator:  gtho4, ozzz2002