Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 39 of 93 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#835257 - Mon Oct 29 2012 07:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
The New Question Game is now Daily. It used to run more often for a while, but not hourly. It was several times a day, for which there is no separate category.

#835258 - Mon Oct 29 2012 08:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Oh. So, just not updated.

#835260 - Mon Oct 29 2012 08:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Mariamir
Originally Posted By: gracious1
But... New Question Game is still misplaced in the "Hourly" section.

But...it's not exactly daily, either. Wasn't/isn't it every 6 hours?

It is Daily. Once daily.

#835366 - Tue Oct 30 2012 06:34 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Moved New Q game to Daily.

#835386 - Tue Oct 30 2012 08:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
My Easy challenge for the day was to play a Newest Mixed Quiz and score at least xxx points. I played all the current available ones in HTML mode. I then went back and saw no credit was given. A more careful reading of the requirements showed I'd needed to play the quiz in PLAY mode. Not wanting to wait several hours and trying to test the system, I went back and replayed (!) one of the ones I'd just played and so knew the answers to. It was no challenge at all, let alone Easy, to reach the required minimum score. Should this challenge be one of those you can't have played the quiz before type? Had I waited, new quizzes would certainly have been offered, still leaving me the challenge to complete.

#835389 - Tue Oct 30 2012 08:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Very interesting, I'd always wondered about that. Usually, if I forget and okay in regular mode, I don't even think to then play in play mode. Never occurred to me to test that. Haha.

Nice catch, mehaul.

#835396 - Tue Oct 30 2012 09:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

I don't know if this type exists at more difficult levels of challenge but now we know the answers can be found and scores can be achieved by playing in HTML mode then switching to PLAY mode and taking the quiz a second time.

Edited by mehaul (Tue Oct 30 2012 09:13 AM)

#835435 - Tue Oct 30 2012 12:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Multiloquent

That may only be true for Quizbot quizzes, which are a compilation of questions, and not for player-written quizzes. Those challenges usually specify that you cannot have played the quiz within the past 30 days.

#835566 - Wed Oct 31 2012 05:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
Terry, many thanks for adding the 'foolproof' button to purchasing additional challenges! Very much appreciated smile

#835579 - Wed Oct 31 2012 07:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
sooz888 Offline
Participant

Loc: Shropshire UK
I tried the Ten in a Day badge today and ended up with 2 challenges which are not decided until midnight [FT time] and I am therefore effectively blocked from buying further challenges - stalemate - any ideas?

sooz888

#835581 - Wed Oct 31 2012 08:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: sooz888
I tried the Ten in a Day badge today and ended up with 2 challenges which are not decided until midnight [FT time] and I am therefore effectively blocked from buying further challenges - stalemate - any ideas?

sooz888

As a Gold Member, do you still have that switch a challenge perk? I think you can switch one out if you do, unless it's an Epic, or challenge involving a partner.

Otherwise, hate to say this, but, tough luck. Try again some other time. :s

#835677 - Wed Oct 31 2012 02:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
sooz888 Offline
Participant

Thanks to Mariamir for that, but sadly, I'd already used my 'perk' and switched off the Difficult Challenge on the Crystal Ball. I knew from experience that my chances of winning that today were slim to none... at least it would have kept some hope alive. I'll save it next time.... maybe I was just unlucky?

sooz

#835692 - Wed Oct 31 2012 03:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Hi sooz -- your situation is possible, but unlikely. Very unlucky!

#835810 - Thu Nov 01 2012 04:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
sooz888 Offline
Participant

Thanks Terry, I guess I used up all my luck finding your excellent site! I'll try the 10 in a day again soon.

sooz

#835870 - Thu Nov 01 2012 09:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: sooz888]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Depending on how early (as in how many challenges you have) you got the challenge, it may not take long to regain the necessary credits. That is an advantage of being quickly (rather than lately) inelgible to get the minibadge.

#835908 - Thu Nov 01 2012 12:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: Buddy1
Depending on how early (as in how many challenges you have) you got the challenge, it may not take long to regain the necessary credits. That is an advantage of being quickly (rather than lately) ineligible to get the minibadge.

However, you cannot make a purchase with two incomplete challenges, so if you have two that don't finish until the end of the day, and can't use your Gold Member perk to swap one of them, you have run out of luck.

#835943 - Thu Nov 01 2012 02:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I just want to clarify that I mean suppose you buy a challenge and that causes the number of "doesn't end until midnight" challenges to increase to 2. You also don't have your Gold Member swap. All you did was spend 9 credits, and to try again, all you have to do is regain those 9 credits. If that 2nd "doesn't end until midnight" challenge was Challenge #7, then you would have spent 54 credits (9+12+15+18), and you would have to spend more time gaining back those 54 credits.

#835990 - Thu Nov 01 2012 06:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: Buddy1
I just want to clarify that I mean suppose you buy a challenge and that causes the number of "doesn't end until midnight" challenges to increase to 2. You also don't have your Gold Member swap. All you did was spend 9 credits, and to try again, all you have to do is regain those 9 credits. If that 2nd "doesn't end until midnight" challenge was Challenge #7, then you would have spent 54 credits (9+12+15+18), and you would have to spend more time gaining back those 54 credits.

According to the FAQ page for Daily Challenges, "You can have only one unsolved challenge (failed or still in progress) in your list when you buy a challenge." This means that, no matter how many credits you have available, you cannot make any more purchases if there are still two incomplete ones that won't finish until the end of the day. You have run into a brick wall, and been extremely unlucky.

#835995 - Thu Nov 01 2012 06:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Yes, but I think what Buddy is saying is that if you get your second midnight challenge earlier, then you will have spent fewer credits in the attempt, and thus will have more available for the next attempt.

#835996 - Thu Nov 01 2012 06:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
Multiloquent

Ah, I see. You're dead in the water that day, but won't have to wait long for your next attempt. And if you had waited until you had an ample cushion, you might even be able to try it the next day.

#836061 - Fri Nov 02 2012 02:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:
You've found a box of old photographs. Score at least 7 answers correct in 4 of the following photo quizzes.

But...Two of them aren't old! I saw them go online not long ago! laugh

#836070 - Fri Nov 02 2012 02:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
Multiloquent

They'll be old soon enough. laugh

#836094 - Fri Nov 02 2012 05:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Re: "Difficult: How well can you string together successes? Play any five tough or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 7 on each."

I completed this after several attempts but I don't think I got 5-in-a-row on my last attempt. Don't know if you can check that?

May be a bug. Or may be my mind collapsing.

#836095 - Fri Nov 02 2012 05:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

My Easy challenge was to find a quiz of 20 questions and score at least half right.
I know our team did a 25 question quiz two years ago and so retook that one. The challenge page didn't credit me with a completion. I could find no applicable blurb in the FAQs to explain why not. It leaves me with two(+) questions:
1) Doesn't a 25 question Quiz satisfy the requirement of a 20 q quiz or does it have to be a quiz with exactly 20 and that is why I wasn't credited? Or,
2) Since it was a team quiz, was I blocked somehow for it counting in the challenges even though my name's not in the title? Does the FAQ need to be updated to address the relevance of Team created quizzes? Can authors use their own quizzes to satisfy challenges?

#836096 - Fri Nov 02 2012 05:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
or does it have to be a quiz with exactly 20

Unless you scored below half, this is the only reason your challenge would not count. The challenge said to find a 20 question quiz and you didn't-- you took a 25 question quiz.

Quote:
Does the FAQ need to be updated to address the relevance of Team created quizzes?

No. There is absolutely no difference.

Edited by kyleisalive (Fri Nov 02 2012 05:22 AM)

Page 39 of 93 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry