Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 18 of 92 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#827873 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Dave42007
My medium challenge for today is: "Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them." but a. I cannot see where to find number of ratings and b. completed some that are quite old have sunglasses and played thousands of times but still reporting 0 complete. I am confused.

Okay I have just done another, it was Placed online: Oct 25, 2009
Times played: 2943 - Rated: 461 times. I have rated it still no credit. It was:

Quiz - Word Melt 7

Drop a Letter

Quiz #318,238.
15 qns, rated Easy.
By eburge

#827875 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Sorry, I posted then read reply oops!

#827877 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:52 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Originally Posted By: Dave42007
My medium challenge for today is: "Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them." but a. I cannot see where to find number of ratings and b. completed some that are quite old have sunglasses and played thousands of times but still reporting 0 complete. I am confused.

On the intro page of each quiz, there is a block that looks like this:

Placed online: Sep 28, 2012
Modified: Sep 28, 2012
Times played: 12 - Rated: 2 times

The number in the bold section must be at least 20 and no larger than 50 for the quiz to count. A quiz with thousands of plays will usually have far more ratings.

Sorry, I finally found one and success, it does work.

#827879 - Sat Sep 29 2012 05:28 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
I got the same challenge as Dave 42007 the other day: "Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them."

As an author, I think this is a great challenge smile

Loving the game; thanks to all involved in setting it up.

#827958 - Sat Sep 29 2012 10:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: lorance79]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I've had that one, too. It's a good challenge to help you find your way around the site. I found the best way of tracking down the quizzes was to go to the 'all new quizzes' section, and look for quizzes which had been online for 30 - 60 days. Any longer than that, they'd probably had too many ratings.

#827967 - Sat Sep 29 2012 10:54 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Try the Author Challenge quizzes list too-- lots of great, new quizzes in there, some of which could use help in the ratings. smile

#827985 - Sat Sep 29 2012 11:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
I have found that the challenge to do a quiz that goes online within the first 20 minutes a daunting task.
How many new quizzes go online in a day? Also, I think the editors do a wonderful job of only placing quality quizzes online.

#827991 - Sat Sep 29 2012 11:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
collybird Offline
Participant

Loc: Angus-Forfarshire Scotland UK 
I LOVED the 'Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them', it was my favourite so far, I love challenges that send me hunting for something.

Today might be the first day I don't complete all three of my challenges, I've got Buzzy Bee and I don't think I've got the stamina for him today!

#828006 - Sat Sep 29 2012 11:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: collybird]
zonko Offline
Participant

Loc: Manchester England UK       
Must say the red flag on my profile does indeed look .... epic wink couldn't resist that one

Even though i had already fulfilled the requirements for this, will say i found what was needed to do was well balanced, would go into more detail why i thought it was fair but don't want to spill the beans

Just one question regarding the mini flags, will they be showing up in the challenge list at some future date or do i need to clean my glasses blush

#828012 - Sat Sep 29 2012 11:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zonko]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
In the FAQ, it is mentioned they aren't in the challenge list in order to perserve the surprise. Although I guess it possible from them to appear there without the usual "The Challenge" text and with "Requirements" simply reading "Complete the red epic flag challenge" (or whatever color the flag is), but I think it's more likely they will never appear in the challenge list.

#828017 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
zonko Offline
Participant

Loc: Manchester England UK       
Ok, thanks for that

#828027 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zonko]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: Difficult
Score at least 118 correct answers playing For Children quizzes today.

I saw a "For Childen" right away in the quizbot list and played it but got no credits for the correct answers I submitted. Is this another case of it needing to be member authored quizzes? In essence, all the quizbot questions are from member authors just gathered together differently so why aren't the quizbots countable? There's only ten Qs and the topic might come up twice in a day in the Newest Mixed area at differing difficulties. That would still leave about a hundred to go find through the member authored route.

#828030 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

I'm always confused to see FC quizbot quizzes-- none of our Single Question submissions are allowed to be in FC; FC, Brain Teasers, and Video Games are the only categories not included.
Unless the challenge specifies quizbot quizzes (can't remember if any ever do), you will always be using the site's regular quizzes.

#828032 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:42 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Originally Posted By: Difficult
Score at least 118 correct answers playing For Children quizzes today.

I saw a "For Childen" right away in the quizbot list and played it but got no credits for the correct answers I submitted. Is this another case of it needing to be member authored quizzes? In essence, all the quizbot questions are from member authors just gathered together differently so why aren't the quizbots countable? There's only ten Qs and the topic might come up twice in a day in the Newest Mixed area at differing difficulties. That would still leave about a hundred to go find through the member authored route.

All of the challenges which require certain scores or questions correct must be player-created quizzes. The random mixed ones created by the quizbot do not count for any such challenges. All the quizzes must be able to be found from clicking the main categories links on the left hand side of the Quizzyland homepage.

#828033 - Sat Sep 29 2012 12:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
I'm always confused to see FC quizbot quizzes-- none of our Single Question submissions are allowed to be in FC; FC, Brain Teasers, and Video Games are the only categories not included.
Unless the challenge specifies quizbot quizzes (can't remember if any ever do), you will always be using the site's regular quizzes.

I don't recall any of our challenges specifying quizbot quizzes. Scratch that, it has been pointed out there is. I guess I just never saw that one during testing.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Sat Sep 29 2012 01:34 PM)

#828039 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
All of the challenges which require certain scores or questions correct must be player-created quizzes.

As kyle pointed out, all the questions in "For Children" Newest Mixed come from quizzes not single questions. There should be some verbage directing the player to whole, unmixed quizzes OR, accept the responses fron the Newest Mixed as good toward the challenge. As I pointed out above, you might see none, ten or twenty at most questions from the Newest Mixed area. Might you see one Q of them in a "For Children" single author quiz? Maybe, but unlikely with thousands of quizzes to choose from. Okay, there are thousands of Kids quizzes to choose from so what's the problem? Well, I just spent some of my valuable time on a quiz I expected to count. I did meet all the requirements stated in the challenge without having to go to read fine print on some other page that contains something about every aspect of the challenges (that page is nicely constructed by the way) and unless I form my query correctly might not get to the paragraph that answers my question. Change the wording of the challenge to exclude Newest Mixed or accept them, pretty please with sugar on top.

#828041 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
DaisiJ Offline
Explorer

Loc: Randburg
  South Africa
My Easy challenge yesterday was:

Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 642 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit.

Isn't that a quizbot game? If not then I've been playing happily and not noticing what I'm doing, which is entirely possible. blush

#828042 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:
As I pointed out above, you might see none, ten or twenty at most questions from the Newest Mixed area. Might you see one Q of them in a "For Children" single author quiz?

?

Quote:
There should be some verbage directing the player to whole, unmixed quizzes OR, accept the responses fron the Newest Mixed as good toward the challenge.

It would ultimately be Terry's call. My presumption (which may be wrong) is that they don't count because your scores are not held for the mixed quizzes appearing on the homepage-- you can't, for instance, look at your results for them once they disappear and they're likely not stored long-term anywhere on the site. They're literally random pulls; you can't find them in the For Children category.

Might as well tell people that playing FC in the Global Challenge doesn't count either-- or the FC Easy Game-- or any FC in Point Tree. wink

Quote:
Well, I just spent some of my valuable time on a quiz I expected to count.

You got the points; not a complete loss.

Quote:
My Easy challenge yesterday was:

Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 642 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit.

Isn't that a quizbot game? If not then I've been playing happily and not noticing what I'm doing, which is entirely possible. blush

Woops-- you're right. Haven't seen that one myself.

Edited by kyleisalive (Sat Sep 29 2012 01:41 PM)

#828043 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: DaisiJ]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
Just a small nitpicking point (hey, I'm an editor--it goes with the territory) but my medium challenge today was "Set up your personal daily quiz for medium difficulty level and score at least 9 out of 10 correct." There is no "medium" level - just "intermediate". I'm sure everyone can work it out but it ought to be corrected in case anyone is in doubt.

#828045 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
trans991 Offline
Participant

Loc: Indiana USA
Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them.
2.3 "Blood is Thicker"
All of these questions pertain to the episode titled, "Blood is Thicker", which was the third episode of season two. Good luck!
'Las Vegas'- Season 2 Average
10 Q
CAGuy0206
May 04 12
45 plays

3.1 "Viva Las Vegas"
All of these questions pertain to the episode titled, "Viva Las Vegas", which was the first episode of season three. Good luck!
'Las Vegas'- Season 3 Average
10 Q
CAGuy0206
May 27 12
36 plays

3.2 "Fake the Money and Run"
All of these questions pertain to the episode titled, "Fake the Money and Run", which was the second episode of season three. Good luck!
10 Q
CAGuy0206
May 28 12
45 plays

3.3 "Double Down, Triple Threat"
All of these questions pertain to the episode titled, "Double Down, Triple Threat", which was the third episode of season three. Good luck!
10 Q
CAGuy0206
May 28 12
42 plays

3.4 "Whatever Happened to Seymour Magoon?"
All of these questions pertain to the episode titled, "Whatever Happened to Seymour Magoon?", which was the fourth episode of season three. Good luck!
'Las Vegas'- Season 3 Tough
10 Q
CAGuy0206
May 29 12
39 plays
\
Played these quizzes and rated--no credit on challenge

#828046 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: trans991]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

It's the amount of ratings-- that first one only has 11. The quizzes need at least 20 (and no more than 50).

#828047 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
trans991 Offline
Participant

Loc: Indiana USA
I'm sorry...missed that...
Thank you for your quick answer!!

#828048 - Sat Sep 29 2012 01:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: trans991]
Lottie1001 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Westmorland UK
Since the quizzes have between 36 and 45 plays, they are unlikely to have been rated as many as 20 times, yet.

Sorry - Kyle beat me to the answer.

Edited by Lottie1001 (Sat Sep 29 2012 01:57 PM)

#828050 - Sat Sep 29 2012 02:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Lottie1001]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Does that guideline "every rating means three plays" because of non rating-able guests and non-GMs? Meaning: to see between 20 and 50 ratings there needs to have been between 60 and 150 plays?

#828051 - Sat Sep 29 2012 02:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:
Does that guideline "every rating means three plays" because of non rating-able guests and non-GMs? Meaning: to see between 20 and 50 ratings there needs to have been between 60 and 150 plays?

If I'm understanding what you're saying/asking correctly, that's not really how the ratings work. While the number of quiz plays is multiplied by three to represent the amount of actual plays it has (across all members and guests), the amount of ratings is not an inflated number. The amount of ratings listed is the actual amount of ratings. Non-members can't rate, so the number doesn't need to be altered.

There is not necessarily a correlation between amount of plays and amount of ratings. After all, non-gold-members can still play quizzes, but their scores and ratings are not tracked for them. In addition, if you play a quiz and score under two correct, you can not rate a quiz but you're still registered with a score.

Page 18 of 92 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry