Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 19 of 89 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#828054 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
I only meant that as a guidline itself. That if people are looking for quizzes with 20 to 50 ratings and the first figure they encounter is the number of plays, that to find quizzes with between 20 and 50 ratings one might look for the range of plays to be between 60 and 150, not that it would be a set rule but just a ballpark figure to search on. You may miss some with 21 ratings or look further at a few with 52 ratings but most will have the desired range of the search.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#828055 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:27 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Maybe it's just from being on the authoring end, but I find that the ratio for ratings is usually 5:1 or 6:1 (for the inflated numbers). I have a lot of quizzes that list over 100 plays, but I only have 10 ratings. Just like the numbers behind the ratings, it's near impossible to appropriately judge how many ratings a quiz will have. I'm just saying it's a slippery ballpark. wink

My Historical Stick Figures one has 7596 plays. Divided by three, that would imply 2532 members, yet the quiz has only 1291 ratings. That implies only one sixth of the original number. With 150 plays, that would be 25 ratings, towards the bottom of the range. 60 plays would mean about 10 ratings.

But that really doesn't hold true for all of them. I have 20 ratings on one quiz with under 120 plays. I have some with 9 ratings on 120 plays.

Another case-- '5,000' plays on both of these:
http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/VideoGames/Super-Mario-64---One-Per-Level-220966.html
http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Movies/Alphabetical-Horror-Films---B-264577.html
The former has 336 ratings; the latter has 573.

The best way is simply to check the number of ratings on the quiz page before jumping into the quiz and hoping you got it right.

I can look at ratings all I want on here and I may never find a pattern. XD

Edited by kyleisalive (Sat Sep 29 2012 03:39 PM)

#828056 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Modified the text for a couple of the challenges mentioned above to be more specific and offer more guidelines.

#828057 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: mehaul
Originally Posted By: Difficult
Score at least 118 correct answers playing For Children quizzes today.

I saw a "For Childen" right away in the quizbot list and played it but got no credits for the correct answers I submitted. Is this another case of it needing to be member authored quizzes? In essence, all the quizbot questions are from member authors just gathered together differently so why aren't the quizbots countable? There's only ten Qs and the topic might come up twice in a day in the Newest Mixed area at differing difficulties. That would still leave about a hundred to go find through the member authored route.

This challenge even has a link to the "For Children's" quiz category, where there are no quizbot quizzes listed. I would have thought that would be specific enough?

#828058 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Terry
Originally Posted By: mehaul
Originally Posted By: Difficult
Score at least 118 correct answers playing For Children quizzes today.

I saw a "For Childen" right away in the quizbot list and played it but got no credits for the correct answers I submitted. Is this another case of it needing to be member authored quizzes? In essence, all the quizbot questions are from member authors just gathered together differently so why aren't the quizbots countable? There's only ten Qs and the topic might come up twice in a day in the Newest Mixed area at differing difficulties. That would still leave about a hundred to go find through the member authored route.

This challenge even has a link to the "For Children's" quiz category, where there are no quizbot quizzes listed. I would have thought that would be specific enough?

Tweaked to:

Score at least 118 correct answers playing quizzes in the For Children category and its sub-categories today.

#828060 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Zonko: congrats! I think I will change that epic for the future such that it doesn't count scores prior to it being issued. That one is a little anti-climactic to have it won before you even have to try anything!

#828061 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:49 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Thank You.

Since these challenges are going to be coming to us and not be repeating very often, it would become a non-fun burden to have to refer to the FAQs every day for three topics and to make sure we have our query aimed at the right place. Much more fun to have the specifics spelled out in the challenge itself.

Edited by mehaul (Sat Sep 29 2012 03:50 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#828062 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Zonko: I have reset your challenge to "incomplete" for testing purposes, and it will check your scores from now until the end of the day.

Would you mind playing your required game a couple of times so I can test if it's all working fine?

Don't worry about the incomplete -- your epic was well earned and stands smile

#828063 - Sat Sep 29 2012 03:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

" Much more fun to have the specifics spelled out in the challenge itself"

Completely agree. There should be zero questions asked about a challenge on threads like this. All challenge text should be completely unambiguous.

#828066 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
zonko Offline
Participant

Loc: Manchester England UK       
Originally Posted By: Terry
Zonko: I have reset your challenge to "incomplete" for testing purposes, and it will check your scores from now until the end of the day.

Would you mind playing your required game a couple of times so I can test if it's all working fine?

Don't worry about the incomplete -- your epic was well earned and stands smile

Just checked my challenges and seen the epic had reset sounds of unmentionable words could be heard cry so checked my mail and my profile and noticed they was still there .... so scratching my head thought i would post on here only to see the above post.

No probs helping out now my heart has gone back to a normalish beat blush

#828068 - Sat Sep 29 2012 04:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zonko]
zonko Offline
Participant

Loc: Manchester England UK       
Terry epic done and check mark awarded again, was going to mention about the epic count on my stats and credits as they had gone up but they are now back to what they was before. Do you want to reset my check mark for the epic so i can go again?

Edited by zonko (Sat Sep 29 2012 04:58 PM)

#828083 - Sat Sep 29 2012 06:07 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: zonko]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Nope all looks good. Thanks.

#828085 - Sat Sep 29 2012 06:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: DaisiJ]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: DaisiJ
My Easy challenge yesterday was:

Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 642 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit.

I got this one once in testing. There are others appearing that I've not seen before, although along the same lines. For instance, my Difficult today is "Score a Word Wizard Gold Member Game word of exactly 8 letters." which has probably come up in testing, I've just never got it, and I won't today, either. Don't think I even have eight letters, and if I do, most are vowels. :-P

#828096 - Sat Sep 29 2012 07:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Mariamir]
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool
Old Museum Relic

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I managed to buy myself an Epic challenge... and it's for something that I just achieved five minutes prior to having the challenge issued to me. Of course only achievements got AFTER the issuing the challenge will count. This is a cruel, cruel random issuing!!! tongue

#828097 - Sat Sep 29 2012 07:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: guitargoddess]
Forum Champion

Congrats-- I'm still hoping I get one soon. wink

#828104 - Sat Sep 29 2012 07:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Good luck GG smile

#828116 - Sun Sep 30 2012 12:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Forum Champion

Congrats to GG for getting it! smile

#828190 - Sun Sep 30 2012 08:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Christinap Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
My easy today is score 6 in a quiz of the hour. I played and got exactly 6, but it was still incomplete. Have just played again and got over 6 and it is now complete. Was this because the first one I played was a 15 question quiz not a 10? The challenge didn't say it had to be a 10 question quiz, just to score 6.

#828193 - Sun Sep 30 2012 08:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Christinap]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Thanks Christinap -- found a minor bug that caused that issue. Fixed.

#828194 - Sun Sep 30 2012 08:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
"Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them."

Just how many times do you think you can use this challenge? It would appear to me to get pretty much impossible very quickly.

#828195 - Sun Sep 30 2012 08:41 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: Starlord
"Find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have between 20 and 50 ratings. Play and rate them."

Just how many times do you think you can use this challenge? It would appear to me to get pretty much impossible very quickly.

Not if we keep writing quizzes. grin

#828196 - Sun Sep 30 2012 09:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool
Old Museum Relic

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
Congrats to GG for getting it! smile

laugh why thank you! I was surprised yet thrilled that I did pull it off

#828207 - Sun Sep 30 2012 09:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: guitargoddess]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
It would be nice if that one said "find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have less than 50 ratings..." that way ones that are still needing to get to 20 could be included. I know the badge and the list and the extra points helped but there are still some that take a good while to get the "Magic 20" - it would be lovely if they got a teeny boost too.

#828212 - Sun Sep 30 2012 09:29 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Rowena8482]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Rowena8482
It would be nice if that one said "find five quizzes, online for over a month, that have less than 50 ratings..." that way ones that are still needing to get to 20 could be included. I know the badge and the list and the extra points helped but there are still some that take a good while to get the "Magic 20" - it would be lovely if they got a teeny boost too.

Agree. Changed.

p.s. there are THOUSANDS of quizzes that meet even the original criteria. There is no risk of such quizzes running out or even getting sparse any year soon.

#828295 - Sun Sep 30 2012 11:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Windswept Offline
Participant

Loc: Michigan USA
Hi everyone,
Yesterday Saturday September 29th, I received an epic challenge to be in the top 20 scorers of the day. I ended up 15 out of 20, I believe and today I do not see that I was awarded a badgelet for this completing this epic challenge.
Others have told me there are epic badgelets showing up for other winners.
Is this just a delay? or is my completing the epic challenge not noted?
Windswept

Edited by Windswept (Sun Sep 30 2012 11:37 AM)

Page 19 of 89 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry