Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 22 of 93 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#828963 - Tue Oct 02 2012 11:35 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Daikenro]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Thanks for the report Daikenro -- indeed there was a bug in that challenge, and it's been fixed for the future.

#828972 - Wed Oct 03 2012 12:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Hi,

I've been credited with a medium challenge that I haven't completed. I've got a tick beside today's "Who Am I?" challenge, and the extra 2 credits, but I haven't played it yet.

(It might be connected to the nemesis challenge as I wasn't credited with that earlier although that has now corrected itself.)

#828979 - Wed Oct 03 2012 12:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Chavs
(It might be connected to the nemesis challenge as I wasn't credited with that earlier although that has now corrected itself.)

I didn't get credited for my Nemesis win, either, until I clicked on "Yesterday's Challenges". It then awarded the check and the 3 credits...Terry is this a problem that can be fixed? Before it awards the check, even though it says it records the 11:50 scores, it still gives a loading message, then shows the next day's scores? When I clicked on "Yesterday's Challenges", only then did it show yesterday's correct totals, giving me credit for the win.

#828980 - Wed Oct 03 2012 12:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I am a little unclear on this one: Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 16 different categories. You may replay quizzes not taken over the past 30 days.

Please tell me "categories" doesn't mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Or is it just different categories within the encompassing subjects?

#828981 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
I am a little unclear on this one: Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 16 different categories. You may replay quizzes not taken over the past 30 days.

Please tell me "categories" doesn't mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Or is it just different categories within the encompassing subjects?

"Categories" means each of the main 20, so yes, sorry, it does mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Good luck!!

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Oct 03 2012 01:08 AM)

#828982 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

"Today you will be playing I'm the Expert! against another player. Whoever holds the highest score today in a single Who's the Expert hourly game at midnight will win this challenge. Only your first 4 plays of this game today will be considered for this challenge, so pick your attempts wisely! Your opponent for the day is player xxxxxxxxx"

Terry, I went to my swap-a-challenge button and noticed that this challenge can be swapped out for a new one. Since this challenge, like Nemesis/Twin relies on competition/collaboration with another player, might I suggest that this also be added to the list of challenges that cannot be swapped out?

#828983 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Originally Posted By: Chavs

I didn't get credited for my Nemesis win, either, until I clicked on "Yesterday's Challenges". It then awarded the check and the 3 credits...Terry is this a problem that can be fixed? Before it awards the check, even though it says it records the 11:50 scores, it still gives a loading message, then shows the next day's scores? When I clicked on "Yesterday's Challenges", only then did it show yesterday's correct totals, giving me credit for the win.

I clicked on "Yesterday's Challenges" at one stage too while I was waiting to see if the page would correct itself - so maybe that's what happened to my nemesis.

My medium challenge credit might be a separate bug then.

(Or I could be sleep-quizzing. I've sleep texted before. shocked )

#828987 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

"Categories" means each of the main 20, so yes, sorry, it does mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Good luck!!

Damn. But, thanks for the info, lol!

#828991 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

"Today you will be playing I'm the Expert! against another player. Whoever holds the highest score today in a single Who's the Expert hourly game at midnight will win this challenge. Only your first 4 plays of this game today will be considered for this challenge, so pick your attempts wisely! Your opponent for the day is player xxxxxxxxx"

Terry, I went to my swap-a-challenge button and noticed that this challenge can be swapped out for a new one. Since this challenge, like Nemesis/Twin relies on competition/collaboration with another player, might I suggest that this also be added to the list of challenges that cannot be swapped out?

I had that exact challenge yesterday and it could not be swapped. And, believe me, I tried. And, FYI, the mulligan does not work after the fourth game has been played!

#828992 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Did it give you the option to swap it out, and it just didn't let you do anything when you clicked the button, or did it not even give you the challenge in the list for the swap?

It shows up in my list as being eligible to swap. I'm not going to try the link though (the one to actually switch it), as with today's categories I think I have a pretty good chance at it...

#828994 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Did it give you the option to swap it out, and it just didn't let you do anything when you clicked the button, or did it not even give you the challenge in the list for the swap?

It shows up in my list as being eligible to swap. I'm not going to try the link though (the one to actually switch it), as with today's categories I think I have a pretty good chance at it...

The button was active and it was listed as a choice. But no go.

#828996 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

The button was active and it was listed as a choice. But no go.

Hmm...that's rather odd. Nemesis and Twin, and the Epics, don't show up in the lists at all. Very strange indeed.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Oct 03 2012 01:27 AM)

#829000 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
Hope Daikenro got a new challenge, or even better, a completion of task and a few nice credits smile

#829001 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

And, FYI, the mulligan does not work after the fourth game has been played!

Just used my Mulligan after 2 plays. It added a third play like it was supposed to, Terry. Good thing I got 15/15 on my Mulligan (replacing 14/15), or it would have been a total waste of a perk (took a couple lucky guesses to pull it off, and in one of my best categories, too)...

#829003 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
english_gent Offline
Participant

Loc: Dartmouth Devon England UK
Very stupid question but that won't stop me from asking.

Where do I find the Quiz Game mode??? And how stupid am I going to look when somebody tells me???

#829004 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

And, FYI, the mulligan does not work after the fourth game has been played!

Just used my Mulligan after 2 plays. It added a third play like it was supposed to, Terry. Good thing I got 15/15 on my Mulligan (replacing 14/15), or it would have been a total waste of a perk (took a couple lucky guesses to pull it off, and in one of my best categories, too)...

I look at it differently. A mulligan technically replaces play, and it should not add on an additional play. If it truly is a mulligan, which it is NOT! LOL.

#829005 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Technically, though, it is a third play. When you use it you do get a brand new set of questions. The way the challenge is currently worded, it makes sense that the Mulligan would count for an additional play. I agree, though, it's not truly a Mulligan unless it replaces both the score and the play.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Oct 03 2012 02:16 AM)

#829006 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: english_gent]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: english_gent
Very stupid question but that won't stop me from asking.

Where do I find the Quiz Game mode??? And how stupid am I going to look when somebody tells me???

When you go to a quiz, any quiz (except the Mixed on the Homepage where you click "Play"), on the right-hand side where it gives you the play options, choose "Play: Quiz Game".

#829007 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:16 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
english_gent Offline
Participant

Loc: Dartmouth Devon England UK
Thank you kaddersgirl - Much appreciated smile

#829008 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: english_gent]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

No problem laugh

#829009 - Wed Oct 03 2012 02:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: english_gent]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: english_gent
Where do I find the Quiz Game mode???

When you start to take a quiz written by a person, not the Quizbot, you will see that you have a choice of ways in which to take it - (from top to bottom if all three are available for that quiz) Play: Quiz Game has an hourglass beside it; Play: HTML has what looks like a numbered list beside it; Play: Flash Quiz has what looks like a reel of film beside it. These options are shown on the right side of the screen, beside the introduction.

#829013 - Wed Oct 03 2012 04:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
HazelEyes19 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands
I'm feeling a bit confused:
My challenge was to score at least 50% in yesterday's braintwist. I got 0% but I still got the credit for it?

I'm sorry I didn't report this yesterday - it was quite late at night that I realised this had happened and I didn't have a registered log-on for these forums, so I had to wait until this morning when I had been approved to post this.

#829015 - Wed Oct 03 2012 04:52 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: HazelEyes19]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
This is my easy challenge for the day:

Find and play any quiz whose title starts with the letters "So".

I played a quiz called "Somewhere in Time" and it didn't count it. Any idea why?

#829016 - Wed Oct 03 2012 06:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
So did Daikenro get credits then Terry? Remember after all he couldn't play that Challenge.

#829019 - Wed Oct 03 2012 06:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubbatom1]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Golfmom, maybe a silly suggestion on my part but had you already played the quiz within the last 30 days? It seems to be a default setting that any quizzes played within the previous 30 days won't count. Just a thought.

Edited by Chavs (Wed Oct 03 2012 06:41 AM)

Page 22 of 93 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry