Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 20 of 93 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#828394 - Sun Sep 30 2012 01:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Windswept]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: Windswept
Hi everyone,
Yesterday Saturday September 29th, I received an epic challenge to be in the top 20 scorers of the day. I ended up 15 out of 20, I believe and today I do not see that I was awarded a badgelet for this completing this epic challenge.
Others have told me there are epic badgelets showing up for other winners.
Is this just a delay? or is my completing the epic challenge not noted?
Windswept

Is this an example of the one that is impossible to get because the tally comes out after the epics are awarded?

#828399 - Sun Sep 30 2012 02:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: shuehorn]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Fixed Windswept. The scoring checker forgot to check that epic last night. Should be fixed from here on out.

#828400 - Sun Sep 30 2012 02:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
ps congrats on the first blue flag smile

#828405 - Sun Sep 30 2012 03:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
"Brain twist and mixed multi-author quizzes do not count. You may take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days."

Might I suggest changing "You may take quizzes" to "You may retake quizzes" so that it matches the other challenges with the same phrase?

#828407 - Sun Sep 30 2012 03:58 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Doesn't that imply that you've had to have already taken the quizzes to get them counted this time? Wouldn't "take or retake" be the appropriate verbage?

#828409 - Sun Sep 30 2012 04:01 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Not really. The text would be "you may retake" not "you have to retake". The latter would imply that while the former wouldn't. "You may retake" means that you have the option to retake.

#828416 - Sun Sep 30 2012 04:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Kaddarsgirl only posted the last half of the challenge req. as well. The first part asks you to play so-and-so many quizzes in a particular section or with a specific guideline. Adding the word 'take' again would be redundant.

#828417 - Sun Sep 30 2012 04:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
OOO Thanks Terry laugh (I shall carefully refrain from pointing in the direction of any of my own quizzes that would now benefit, oh yes I shall...:D )

#828419 - Sun Sep 30 2012 04:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Rowena8482]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
I was saving my credits for the '10 a day', however, I foolishly clicked on the 'spend 9 credits for a new challenge', just to see how it worked.

Curiosity sure got the better of me, it gave me a new challenge immediately! C'est la vie, I shan't be doing that again lol

#828420 - Sun Sep 30 2012 04:56 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: demurechicky]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
But that's the only way to get an Epic, so heads you win, tails you win. It all works out in the end.

#828421 - Sun Sep 30 2012 05:04 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
I wasn't interested in getting an Epic at the moment I clicked, as it was nearly bedtime. I got a 'complete a new quiz within 20 minutes of it going on line', alas no new quizzes since I clicked and am now late to bed frown

It has been a learning curve...next time I click, it'll be very early in my day, so I can devote more time to the challenge. I just didn't expect a new challenge immediately, I thought there may have been an explanation of the credits there, a bit like the 'challenge swap', where it gives you the option to use the ability after you have clicked.

#828422 - Sun Sep 30 2012 05:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
I had the Twin challenge today and we managed to get the same score and have the green check. Does that mean I can't play anymore today?

#828423 - Sun Sep 30 2012 05:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
If you have the check, you can play whatever you want-- you've won the challenge.

#828424 - Sun Sep 30 2012 05:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

No. I'm pretty sure it just means you don't need to worry about that challenge anymore. Sort of like if you have a challenge that says "Be #1 in any hourly game in your division" it does not mean once you are #1, you can't play any more hourly games in future hours.

EDIT: Kyle beat me to it.

Edited by Buddy1 (Sun Sep 30 2012 05:18 PM)

#828429 - Sun Sep 30 2012 05:29 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
Thank you. I was feeling FunTrivia withdrawal symptoms!

#828445 - Sun Sep 30 2012 07:18 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
Tekka Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vancouver
BC Canada
Just want to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the new challenges, some of which really stretch me in areas I'm not so comfortable, but so far it's all good:)

Terry and Wes (+?)thanks so much for all of the work this has entailed and for your speedy help in sorting out the bugs ~ much appreciated.

#828456 - Sun Sep 30 2012 09:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
AlanHill2306 Offline
Explorer

Loc: London UK but working in China
Thanks Terry and all the others involved for the successful introduction of yet another wonderful feature of Funtrivia. The idea is brilliant and will keep everyone entertained for a long time.

The number of posts reflects the interest members have in this new feature. It must have been a busy week for you and the team.

I really enjoy playing the Daily Challenge and it's my first port of call when I log on to see what I need to do that day.

Great work!

#828459 - Sun Sep 30 2012 09:58 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlanHill2306]
CliftonClowers Offline
Participant

Loc: Ohio USA
I read in the FAQ that "Completing an epic challenge will not exclude it from later selections". That will certainly make it progressively more difficult to obtain the Totally Epic badge as you accumulate flags. If getting an epic with a buy has fairly low odds alone, getting the last one you need out of 8 in addition would seem to be quite a long shot. Am I missing something?

#828461 - Sun Sep 30 2012 10:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Not really. Some badges are difficult to obtain.

#828491 - Mon Oct 01 2012 01:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
"Brain twist and mixed multi-author quizzes do not count. You may take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days."

Might I suggest changing "You may take quizzes" to "You may retake quizzes" so that it matches the other challenges with the same phrase?

Re
"You may take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days"

It means (surely?) "You may ONLY take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days"

A suitable text change would be: "Quizzes you have played within the past 30 days do not count!"

Unless the "not" is a typo?

Does it mean "You may re-take quizzes as long as you have not played them within the last 30 days?"

Originally Posted By: demurechicky
I just didn't expect a new challenge immediately, I thought there may have been an explanation of the credits there, a bit like the 'challenge swap', where it gives you the option to use the ability after you have clicked.

I made that assumption too and got caught on my first purchase. All I can say is that it only took one click to learn to be careful with my credits, lol!

Originally Posted By: AlanHill2306
Thanks Terry and all the others involved for the successful introduction of yet another wonderful feature of Funtrivia. The idea is brilliant and will keep everyone entertained for a long time.

The number of posts reflects the interest members have in this new feature. It must have been a busy week for you and the team.

I really enjoy playing the Daily Challenge and it's my first port of call when I log on to see what I need to do that day.

Great work!

Seconded! with bells on. smile

Edited by Chavs (Mon Oct 01 2012 01:35 AM)

#828493 - Mon Oct 01 2012 01:33 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
Not a bug but a question, if I may:

Of the various challenges that are mini-scavenger hunts (specifically, where a list of quizzes is provided in the challenge question), are the quizzes included randomised as well

BTW, I got the 3 Ps one today and was quite taken by it. Very creative!

#828517 - Mon Oct 01 2012 05:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: lorance79]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
I received this as a Medium Challenge:
Play our Quick Quiz and bank at least 16 correct questions.
None yet. Incomplete

I banked over 40 correct questions. Could someone please check into it?
Thanks

#828522 - Mon Oct 01 2012 05:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Emma,

are you sure you have actually banked (converted to points) those questions? You need to do that before it will count and it's quite easy to miss that final click.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Mon Oct 01 2012 05:24 AM)

#828530 - Mon Oct 01 2012 06:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Northern Ontario Canada  
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I don't see my earlier query here.
I have definitely completed the required Daily quizzes to total 7. I even did them all twice and three times to make sure, and I have not received my mini-challenge badge for completing 7 daily quizzes.
What am I missing here?
Your help is appreciated.

yak smile

#828536 - Mon Oct 01 2012 06:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
Thank you; you were correct, I forget to hit the convert to points button.
Again, thanks for all you do. It is appreciated.

Page 20 of 93 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry