Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 23 of 90 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#829024 - Wed Oct 03 2012 07:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Loved my difficult challenge today it was for Mind Melt and said Score at least 30 questions correct in todays's Mind Melt! This implies you can get more than 30 correct answers. lol

#829025 - Wed Oct 03 2012 07:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       
I just checked my yesterdays results and there is a second challenge in my 'medium' category that wasn't there yesterday for me to play.

I'm presuming I might have bought one by mistake as I think my point total has gone down as well. It wasn't there when I looked at 1230 my time (1.5 hrs before day ends) and I would never have deliberately bought one then.

I haven't purchased a challenge yet - does it have a thing you have to press once you get to the page to confirm (which I didn't do) or does it do it automatically if you press the link (which is always possible that I might have done)?

Edited by Midget40 (Wed Oct 03 2012 07:32 AM)

#829026 - Wed Oct 03 2012 07:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Midget40]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
It does it automatically when you click - several people seem to have been caught by that. So the trick is... stop clicking! wink

#829040 - Wed Oct 03 2012 08:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
I am a little unclear on this one: Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 16 different categories. You may replay quizzes not taken over the past 30 days.

Please tell me "categories" doesn't mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Or is it just different categories within the encompassing subjects?

Example added to text.

#829041 - Wed Oct 03 2012 08:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Hmmm, there should be an intermediate page then, to prevent that from happening again.

Quote:
This is my easy challenge for the day:

Find and play any quiz whose title starts with the letters "So".

I played a quiz called "Somewhere in Time" and it didn't count it. Any idea why?

What was the exact title called? If it begins with a quotation mark, it DOES NOT count. I searched for the quiz, and I cannot find a quiz called Somewhere in Time. I can only find them called 'Somewhere in Time' and "Somewhere in Time".

In which case, the first letters are technically 'S or "S.

It's tricky, but that's how it works. The VERY FIRST letters have to be So. I had checked that out myself with the quotations, because I was curious. wink

#829044 - Wed Oct 03 2012 08:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
I am a little unclear on this one: Score 10 or higher in a quiz in 16 different categories. You may replay quizzes not taken over the past 30 days.

Please tell me "categories" doesn't mean Video Games, Humanities, Sci/Tech, etc. Or is it just different categories within the encompassing subjects?

Example added to text.
Originally Posted By: Chavs
Hi,

I've been credited with a medium challenge that I haven't completed. I've got a tick beside today's "Who Am I?" challenge, and the extra 2 credits, but I haven't played it yet.

(It might be connected to the nemesis challenge as I wasn't credited with that earlier although that has now corrected itself.)

Heh... what it looks like happened is that you received the challenge right at midnight, a few seconds before who am i reset. So, it credited you today's challenge with yesterday's win. It also explains the reason you didnt see credit for the nemesis -- this executes a few minutes later.

So, I've changed the scheduling of this stuff around. Daily challenges reset now and score after all daily games have reset.

Daily challenges will be unavailable from midnight to 12:08.

Edited by Terry (Wed Oct 03 2012 09:17 AM)

#829048 - Wed Oct 03 2012 08:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
"Today you will be playing I'm the Expert! against another player. Whoever holds the highest score today in a single Who's the Expert hourly game at midnight will win this challenge. Only your first 4 plays of this game today will be considered for this challenge, so pick your attempts wisely! Your opponent for the day is player xxxxxxxxx"

Terry, I went to my swap-a-challenge button and noticed that this challenge can be swapped out for a new one. Since this challenge, like Nemesis/Twin relies on competition/collaboration with another player, might I suggest that this also be added to the list of challenges that cannot be swapped out?

It was actually working right (it wouldn't have let you do it), but shouldn't display it as an option. Fixed.

#829049 - Wed Oct 03 2012 08:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: HazelEyes19]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: HazelEyes19
I'm feeling a bit confused:
My challenge was to score at least 50% in yesterday's braintwist. I got 0% but I still got the credit for it?

I'm sorry I didn't report this yesterday - it was quite late at night that I realised this had happened and I didn't have a registered log-on for these forums, so I had to wait until this morning when I had been approved to post this.

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

#829050 - Wed Oct 03 2012 09:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
stedman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: London England UK         
This isn't really a question (more of a boast really), but I wonder what is the least effort anyone has put in to get two challenges at once?

Last Saturday, I only had time to log onto FT for about 20 minutes before going out for the day. I looked at the Challenges, and saw that my "medium" one was to get in the top 50% of a "Who's the Expert" round that day, and my "difficult" one was to get a higher score in "Who's the Expert" than a selected opponent - each of us had four attempts.

It so happened that when I logged on, the "Who's the Expert" category was one that suited me. So I played it quickly, got a good score, then logged off for the rest of the day. And luckily, that single play was enough to win both challenges!

I wish it was always that easy...

#829051 - Wed Oct 03 2012 09:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: golfmom08

I played a quiz called "Somewhere in Time" and it didn't count it. Any idea why?

Challenge modified to accept quiz names starting with quotes.

Edited by Terry (Wed Oct 03 2012 09:13 AM)

#829057 - Wed Oct 03 2012 09:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: stedman]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Originally Posted By: stedman
This isn't really a question (more of a boast really), but I wonder what is the least effort anyone has put in to get two challenges at once?

Mine wasn't as easy as yours but yesterday my medium challenge was to do six quizzes with titles that included three x letter 'I' and my difficult challenge was do 19 quizzes from a list of 27. I have to admit that I didn't spot the bonus until after I'd done the first quiz in the difficult list - and saw it also appear in the medium 'correct' column. Yes, five of the quizzes from the difficult list had titles with three x letter 'I'. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

#829059 - Wed Oct 03 2012 09:58 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
So, I've changed the scheduling of this stuff around. Daily challenges reset now and score after all daily games have reset.

Daily challenges will be unavailable from midnight to 12:08.

Does this mean I'm still out of luck for my difficult challenge last week? Mind Melt ended and my earned badge that would have completed it was awarded after midnight, and yet still didn't get credit for the challenge. But now that it checks at 12:08 that should have counted...?

Edit: Apparently it doesn't. Oh well, it was only 3 credits, anyway.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Oct 03 2012 10:22 AM)

#829067 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: stedman]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Originally Posted By: stedman

I had 'get 10/10 in PoC in 18 seconds or less' as a difficult, and 'beat your previous score of 985 in PoC' for medium one day. And (I think) play one quiz for easy. Did both the PoC ones in one play, and obviously playing one quiz is pretty easy so that was a relaxing day.

Also today I had 'do 6 tough/difficult quizzes in a row, 8+ correct' and 'get 80 music questions right' for medium - I meshed the two for convenience.

#829068 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
It does it automatically when you click - several people seem to have been caught by that. So the trick is... stop clicking! wink

Is this something that can be modified so there is an intermediate page to prevent this happening in future - particularly if more people have done it?

I probably did it after attempting to click something on a drop down medium that disappeared on me and it clicks whatever is under that spot - I know I've done that before and ended up in some strange pages.

It definitely wasn't intentional and the annoying thing is if I'd known I could have played the challenge quite easily and got it.

#829075 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Regular FT policies apply to these challenges. For fairness (of everyone else who had a similar problem and did not get detected), my sanity, and practicality sake, we do not "compensate" for technical problems in any FT games.

Apologies to anyone caught up in bugs that go against them -- we're getting much closer to having it perfect. It was a monumentally complicated task (100 challenges, scoring checks, across 50+ different parts of the site), and so problems were guaranteed to pop up.

"But now that it checks at 12:08 that should have counted"

And no, it would not. The badge award counts badges AWARDED during the day of the challenge.

#829076 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Midget40]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Midget40

Is this something that can be modified so there is an intermediate page

Yes.

#829078 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: malik24]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: malik24
I had 'get 10/10 in PoC in 18 seconds or less' as a difficult, and 'beat your previous score of 985 in PoC' for medium one day. And (I think) play one quiz for easy. Did both the PoC ones in one play, and obviously playing one quiz is pretty easy so that was a relaxing day.

Besides the fact that you completed both of them with one game, that score is incredible! 10/10 is less than 15 seconds! I couldn't score that fast in a million years. Even random clicking only gets me to 16 seconds max.

#829079 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

"But now that it checks at 12:08 that should have counted"

And no, it would not. The badge award counts badges AWARDED during the day of the challenge.

Okay. Good to know.

#829080 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Intermediate step in purchase added.

#829086 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:40 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Thankyou

#829088 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Thanks, Terry.

& I'm taking it that I get to keep my lucky win. smilee Double thanks!

#829090 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:49 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
Originally Posted By: golfmom08

Challenge modified to accept quiz names starting with quotes.

Thank you, Terry! It says Complete now! You all are fantastic in taking care of all these little details that are cropping up.

#829093 - Wed Oct 03 2012 10:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
collybird Offline
Participant

Loc: Angus-Forfarshire Scotland UK 
I've finally been defeated! My Difficult challenge today is to finish in the Top 4 of my Triathlon division, I am nowhere close!

#829095 - Wed Oct 03 2012 11:06 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: collybird]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: collybird
I've finally been defeated! My Difficult challenge today is to finish in the Top 4 of my Triathlon division, I am nowhere close!

I had that one two days ago I think. I'm never anywhere close...it doesn't help that I suck at the Mixed trivia. I didn't even bother with that one and just let it expire. Even when I was playing those games all the time in the summer, I still never made it up that high.

#829142 - Wed Oct 03 2012 01:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
I've gotten "Ask Fun Trivia" for the third time in a week. No complaining about that but there may be an issue with completing the challenge for some players. I first write my Q in the search box and hit search. The next screen has results based on the key words in the Q. I check the list of possible 'already been askeds' that meet the search criteria. Not finding a match, I want to get my question posted. Right below where it says: "Can't find the answer" (or thereabouts) there is a link that says "Ask our Fun Trivia Community" One would expect that this would get the question posted but it doean't, It just performs another search routine, same as before. There are no directions telling to avoid that link and to use the one in the lower right corner along the title bar that says "Post a Question" which takes you to a screen where you have to re-enter the question in a text box. Two things:
1) Why isn't the search box disabled on the search results screen leaving only the Post a Question link (and add verbage pointing it out)?
2) Why isn't the question copied over to the text box in the same words it was posed with. The current system allows the wording to be changed between the search and the actual posting of a Q and that second manner of asking the question may already have been asked.

EDIT PS: Please don't use the s**k word on the threads.

Edited by mehaul (Wed Oct 03 2012 01:57 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

Page 23 of 90 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry