Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 26 of 90 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#829603 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Just wanted to reiterate a discrepancy I found the other day, since there was no response.

The challenge is: "Play 2 new player-created quizzes that are added to FunTrivia today, scoring at least 50% in each."

Well, it counted a bot-created quiz, Animal Mix, as valid! So I got credit for completing the challenge even though I had only played one new player-created quiz. I assume you genuinely only wanted player-created quizzes to count.

Text clarified.

#829604 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reedy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: reedy
Score at least 6 answers correct in one of the following Editor's Choice quizzes.

General Science Part II, by wimm (only has 5 questions)

Thanks, fixed for the future.

#829605 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:22 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: dsimpy]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: dsimpy
Here's a crazy glitch! cry

My difficult challenge today is to play 6 tough or difficult quizzes in a row, scoring 8 or more correct in each.

I've just played Robert 907's recent quiz (it's a good one! smilee) - 'They Died in September 2012 (North American)'.

It was rated Tough when I started doing the quiz. I got 10/10 which apparently downrated it to Average (maybe even getting 8/10 would have done the same?).

I didn't get the credit for it. The system says: 'They Died in September 2012 (North American): Not the required difficulty'

All I can say is 'Grawlix'! mad

Wow, talk about unintended consequences smile

Ok, I've changed it to give difficulty ratings a bit of a wiggle room. So, if the difficulty rating is a LITTLE easier than what you're asked to do, it will still give you credit. That should fix that issue!

#829606 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:25 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: playmate1111]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Looks like a lot of people have questions about "Quiz Game" mode. I think I'll add a note to any challenge that mentions Quiz Game mode.

#829609 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
My medium challenge for today is to score 7 or more in quizzes in six different categories. I've played Music, Humanities, People, Literature, General and For Children, but the system hasn't counted the Children one. There doesn't seem to be any restriction in the challenge wording on which categories I can play, so this does seem to be a glitch.

I can go and play another category to (I hope) reach the target, but won't do so for a while in case you need to check anything Terry.

Edit to add: Yes, I did score enough and I hadn't played the quiz before so it wasn't the '30 day' rule either.

Edited by rossian (Fri Oct 05 2012 11:40 AM)

#829611 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Ok will look at it. Please dont play another Children quiz.

#829612 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:08 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

What quiz did you think you play in for children rossian? I don't see any credit.

#829613 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Literature : Sequels to Classic Children's Books (10/10)

That is in literature.

#829614 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rossian Offline
Prolific

I played this one: http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Literature/Sequels-to-Classic-Childrens-Books-331245.html

I'd never played it before, it now shows that I have played it and my score is the most recent one listed (at 11.27 a.m. today); but I haven't received the credit for the challenge.

#829615 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:16 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
rossian Offline
Prolific

That would explain it, Terry. I accessed it via the For Children link without noticing that it moved me to a different category. Thanks for spotting that.

#829617 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Would it be wrong, self-serving and pushy to ask editors to post a few new quizzes, lol? I have "Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes after it goes online" as a challenge, and there have been no new quizzes for more than 12 hours. As a note, no hurry for the Video Games editor! Thanks!

#829618 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rossian]
jules44 Offline
Participant

Loc: Bristol Gloucestershire UK   
“Rank in the top 25% of players in one of your Global Challenge games today” was one of my challenges yesterday.

Unfortunately there were just 2 people in my division which meant that the only games which could be used to achieve this were the two Impossible games.

I think that the only people which could be affected by this are the top 3 in the GC on the odd few days they are in a division on their own, so it is hardly a big problem.

#829619 - Fri Oct 05 2012 12:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: jules44]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Jules, you're an amazing player... Being in the top 25% is easy; you just have to beat bzspak in a round. wink

So, even with two people, it should still be earnable, shouldn't it? Or does it only count as top 50% at that point?

#829621 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
CliftonClowers Offline
Participant

Loc: Ohio USA
Amen!

#829622 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:12 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CliftonClowers]
jules44 Offline
Participant

No that didn't work - finishing 1st out of 2 was not enough, nor was being the only one to play a set! I know this because after the first round my best result showing was for Impossible at 33%. (Fortunately I did get there with the second Impossible set though!)

#829624 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:22 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: jules44]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: jules44
No that didn't work - finishing 1st out of 2 was not enough, nor was being the only one to play a set! I know this because after the first round my best result showing was for Impossible at 33%. (Fortunately I did get there with the second Impossible set though!)

Fixed. It will always give a win when ranking #1, regardless of # of players.

#829627 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
jules44 Offline
Participant

Thanks.

#829636 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: jules44]
nautilator Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I switched out a challenge and got a nemesis one in its place. I'm not complaining, but is it supposed to work like that? Will my opponent be informed of the challenge?

#829641 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Yes, it is supposed to work like that.

You will get an opponent as soon as another player is issued the challenge. They will know they are your opponent when they receive the challenge. Keep an eye out to see who your opponent is throughout the rest of the day! wink

#829717 - Fri Oct 05 2012 04:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
Would it be wrong, self-serving and pushy to ask editors to post a few new quizzes, lol? I have "Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes after it goes online" as a challenge, and there have been no new quizzes for more than 12 hours. As a note, no hurry for the Video Games editor! Thanks!

If some quizzes have submitted to the categories in which I edit that could go online instead of needing more work, I will be happy to oblige. Soon - I have a Daily Challenge to attend to first.

#829719 - Fri Oct 05 2012 04:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: looney_tunes

If some quizzes have submitted to the categories in which I edit that could go online instead of needing more work, I will be happy to oblige. Soon - I have a Daily Challenge to attend to first.

That is truly nice of you, but the kind editors from Brain Teasers came through with a delightful quiz!

#829722 - Fri Oct 05 2012 05:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Just wanted to reiterate a discrepancy I found the other day, since there was no response.

The challenge is: "Play 2 new player-created quizzes that are added to FunTrivia today, scoring at least 50% in each."

Well, it counted a bot-created quiz, Animal Mix, as valid! So I got credit for completing the challenge even though I had only played one new player-created quiz. I assume you genuinely only wanted player-created quizzes to count.

Text clarified.

So, you did want to include any quiz, not just the player-created quizzes? I though you only wanted to included player-created quizzes in this challenge. Did I misunderstand?

So you've changed the text to say "Play 2 new quizzes..." without a qualification?

#829747 - Fri Oct 05 2012 07:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
As a note, no hurry for the Video Games editor!

No rush anyways-- I've cleared the queue.

#829757 - Fri Oct 05 2012 08:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
This isn't a bug, but rather a suggestion to add to an existing challenge (I meant to say something during testing, but forgot).

I bought a challenge today and was given the following Difficult challenge to play:

"Take 20 of the following quizzes, scoring at least 7 correct in each."

The description at the end of the challenge is this:

"You must complete 20 of the 26 remaining quizzes (7 correct in each) to win this challenge. For the purposes of this challenge, you will get challenge credit for playing these quizzes today, even if you have played them in the past."

Since you have to score at least 7 on a quiz to the green check anyway, I would like to suggest that in order to receive credit for the completion, that you also have to rate the quiz. You only have to score 2 correct to be eligible to rate, as I remember. You must get 7 correct to count, so you should also be eligible to rate. This way even more quizzes get rated than already are by the challenge that says something like "find a quiz with between 20 and 50 ratings online for over a month, play and rate". Good, yes?

#829758 - Fri Oct 05 2012 08:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
But if you are replaying a quiz, you cannot rate it again, so would be unable to complete the challenge. The longer you're here, the more likely it is that you will have already played at least some of the quizzes on the list. I know I had already played all of the ones listed for a challenge worded like that one.

Page 26 of 90 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry