Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#829608 - Fri Oct 05 2012 11:35 AM Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
The long-term success and interest of the "daily challenge" feature will be in us adding new challenges periodically to keep things interesting and reduce repeats.

So feel free to use this thread to suggest your own challenges. Feel free to be as creative as you want.

Whenever you suggest an idea, give us an idea about what difficultly level you think that each of your ideas is.

I will then read through this thread when looking for new challenge ideas in the months to come and pick out some that are both technically feasible and look good.

Thanks!
Terry

#829623 - Fri Oct 05 2012 01:19 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
naerulinnupesa Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Erra
Estonia
How about this: you have to get 0 correct answers in an hourly game (same rules as Impossible - all answers must be filled in). That would be a difficult challenge.

#829639 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:01 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: naerulinnupesa]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Something that requires the player to play a larger than normal number of questions in one timed session (similar to a timed FTBot quiz but with more questions). Could be medium with 30 questions and hard with 50+.

#829643 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:22 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: WesleyCrusher]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
- "Suggest a title in the Author Challenges" (probably Easy)
- "Find and play a a quiz that went online in March 2006 (or whatever random date)" (probably Easy)
- "Score perfectly on any quiz in the French subcategory" (probably Medium)
- "Win any badgelet you don't already have" (Difficult)
- "Play and rate 5 photo quizzes" (Easy or Medium depending on how many Qs you have to get right)
- "Play a Tough rated quiz from every quiz category" (Difficult)

#829645 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:24 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: guitargoddess]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: guitargoddess
- "Win any badgelet you don't already have" (Difficult)

I thought that there was already a difficult challenge for winning a badge or badgelet, but that it was only given to players under level 100.

~(_8(I)

#829658 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:46 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: AdamM7]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York USA
Play X quizzes of the hour and get at least 50% on all of them. (Depending on how many - easy to difficult)

Play 3 quizzes in the Forgotten Gems section of FunTrivia and rate them. (Easy - no score necessary)

Finish in the Top 5 or 10 of players with your set in a Daily Game (who am I, mind melt, etc)

They can be made for all daily games.

That would be difficult (top 5) and medium for top 10.

Edit: Yes, there is already a difficult challenge for getting a badgelet, GG.

Edited by triviaking162 (Fri Oct 05 2012 02:49 PM)

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#829664 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:53 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: triviaking162]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Quote:

I have issues with this one, GG.

As non-editors, we can only submit 3 titles (though it allows four for some reason). If we already have titles submitted (and I usually do), it's already a challenge we cannot attempt that day.

Quote:
- "Find and play a a quiz that went online in March 2006 (or whatever random date)" (probably Easy)

Seconded.

Quote:
- "Score perfectly on any quiz in the French subcategory" (probably Medium)

Or any subcategory, for that matter. Force us to delve deeper into subcategories. We can make the requirements a little more lenient, as well, because not everyone can score perfectly in a French quiz. :P I like the idea, GG, and it can be used to any random subcategory, certain amount correct to go in easy, medium, AND difficult.

Quote:
Play 3 quizzes in the Forgotten Gems section of FunTrivia and rate them.

While I like this one, that list doesn't seem to be very accurate. What constitutes a quiz as a "forgotten gem"? That list also seems to change every time I click the link. :P

#829665 - Fri Oct 05 2012 02:58 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Maybe it could be made difficult? Find X quizzes that has been on for at least 6 months and has less than 150 plays. Play and rate it. It would be like an obscure scavenger hunt.

Also you could do top 20% (difficult) or 50% (medium) for the daily games idea.

#829674 - Fri Oct 05 2012 03:35 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: triviaking162]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
Perhaps as the game progresses, there could be a 'write a quiz'...in say, for example, 14 days, not an immediate challenge, but a 'challenge in progress'. Perhaps there could be other challenges like this, like write '10 new questions' and have them accepted to the new question game. Just a thought.

#829684 - Fri Oct 05 2012 03:56 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: demurechicky]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Hmm, I don't know, I like there being new challenges every day, not an outstanding challenge that will remain for 14 days or until you complete it.

Perhaps Project Q will take care of that for us. wink

#829687 - Fri Oct 05 2012 03:57 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Quote:

I have issues with this one, GG.

As non-editors, we can only submit 3 titles (though it allows four for some reason). If we already have titles submitted (and I usually do), it's already a challenge we cannot attempt that day.

Well, you could always delete one of your submitted titles that hasn't been claimed to submit a new one.

#829706 - Fri Oct 05 2012 04:13 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: guitargoddess]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
Find and play a quiz that went online the day you joined FunTrivia (or on your Anniversary in any year just in case there have been days when zero quizzes went online?) and score X number of correct answers. Could be any level depending on how many correct answers are required.

#829713 - Fri Oct 05 2012 04:17 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Rowena8482]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
Oh I like that one Rowena!

#829720 - Fri Oct 05 2012 05:00 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: demurechicky]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Create and submit a challenge that is accepted for future use. (difficult)

If this is for the future: Create a 'scratch and sniff' quiz for full sensory mode quizzes running on the iFeel platform.

Edited by mehaul (Fri Oct 05 2012 05:02 PM)
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#829744 - Fri Oct 05 2012 07:00 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: mehaul]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Perhaps Project Q will take care of that for us. wink

No time limits with this one.

#829748 - Fri Oct 05 2012 07:04 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: guitargoddess]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
I agree with you GG. The challenges are mostly about "choices". Either you do what you have to do to get it, or you trade it out for something else, or simply "write it off".

Also, I believe there is (or was) some prerequisite to suggesting a challenge title. I can't remember what it was (and it doesn't show on my screen anymore) but I think it had something to do with having to have had "x" number of quizzes online before you could submit a title. If that's still the case, then (although some people might not be able to suggest one on THE DAY they got the challenge) it could potentially have a positive effect on encouraging people to write a few themselves in case they get that challenge again : )
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

Pope Paul VI

#829775 - Sat Oct 06 2012 12:23 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Jakeroo]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Oh, I didn't remember you could delete a title. :-P

#829779 - Sat Oct 06 2012 01:49 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
  SA Australia   
Send a welcome PM to someone that has joined FT in the last 2 hours. Easy

Have five goes at finding a mystery quiz in a nominated area i.e. Harry Potter Characters , which currently has 156 quizzes or further down to the Weasleys which has 19 and for this example Perfect Percy would sound ideal.

#829795 - Sat Oct 06 2012 05:37 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: ASA]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
Qualify (or in most cases re-qualify) for X number of Achievement badges

So, score 10/10 40 seconds in PoC, 10/10 in 80 seconds on WTS, 15/15 in 90 on Expert... all in the same day (difficult)

Submit 3 New Questions in one day.

Edited by George95 (Sat Oct 06 2012 05:39 AM)

#829798 - Sat Oct 06 2012 05:59 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: George95]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: George95

And what happens if you have already got the maximum questions in the queue (5, I think)? Do you get it automatically?

~(_8(I)

#829801 - Sat Oct 06 2012 06:29 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: George95]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA

So, score 10/10 40 seconds in PoC, 10/10 in 80 seconds on WTS, 15/15 in 90 on Expert... all in the same day (difficult)

This already exists. I've played it. You have to submit 3 in 3 different categories. There's also one for 2 in 2 different categories, and one for just submitting a single question.

#829810 - Sat Oct 06 2012 07:12 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
I thought it did kaddarsgirl. I just haven't had it yet.

#829819 - Sat Oct 06 2012 07:31 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl

This already exists. I've played it. You have to submit 3 in 3 different categories. There's also one for 2 in 2 different categories, and one for just submitting a single question.

Well, what happens in those if you've already got 5 in a queue?

Edited by AdamM7 (Sat Oct 06 2012 07:31 AM)

~(_8(I)

#829863 - Sat Oct 06 2012 09:03 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: George95]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Seconded. Sounds cool!

#829875 - Sat Oct 06 2012 09:52 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: George95]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Play one of the Point Tree bonus games and score more than the "Highest average scores of all players playing so far this week" for that category (difficult for levels 20-59, medium for levels 60+, difference due to number of possible attempts allowed)

I like this one too.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Terry