Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#834824 - Sun Oct 28 2012 05:31 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Chavs]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
It might stop Teams who limit who plays T v's T just so they keep at the top, my view is everyone on a Team should be able to play not just those deemed good enough to play and keep the scores high.

#834839 - Sun Oct 28 2012 07:51 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: pmarney]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Is there already a daily challenge for the Knock-Out (on Tuesday until Friday only)?

If so, I would like to have something like "score x points in the Knock-Out game" (but only if you're still in the tournament).

#834843 - Sun Oct 28 2012 08:11 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: JanIQ]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
There are not currently any Knockout challenges. It was one of the original ideas, but I don't know if it was simply looked over, or if there was a good reason for not including it.

Personally, there are a few things I see with having the game in the Daily Challenges that make me not entirely sold on the idea, like only having the challenge be issued 4 days a week instead of all 7 and having the system be able to recognize who is in the game and who is not. Those may not be issues at all (Terry would know for sure) but they're part of the reason, I think, that the challenges may have been left out testing and early stages of this new site feature.

#834855 - Sun Oct 28 2012 08:57 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I think at one time it was stated that there is no saving of the Knock Out individual scores/results. It is only used to determine advancement or drop-out of the players involved. And the difficulty of the Quiz used varies from match to match making the 'challenge' of being assigned this completely luck of the draw and not based on member capability.
If scores were saved, the difficulty of each day's quizzes were known to progress through the week and luck of the draw was a Daily Challenge basic philosophy, this might make a very nice challenge. It would certainly encourage players to sign up Monday for a possible Friday reception of a KO challenge (blind luck to get one and be in the tourney still). The challenge level could progress through the week from easy-medium-difficult along with the contested quizzes.

Edited by mehaul (Sun Oct 28 2012 08:58 AM)

#834878 - Sun Oct 28 2012 10:45 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: mehaul]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
If not knockout, then how about a gold member fantasy knockout challenge? Just enter for easy (on Tuesday), have 3 people still in for medium (on Wednesday) and have 1 person survive through until Saturday (difficult).

Originally Posted By: mehaul
I think at one time it was stated that there is no saving of the Knock Out individual scores/results. It is only used to determine advancement or drop-out of the players involved. And the difficulty of the Quiz used varies from match to match making the 'challenge' of being assigned this completely luck of the draw and not based on member capability.

There is already a lot of luck with these challenges - when you buy a challenge, there's a chance that you'll get lucky and have completed it already. It takes a lot of luck to get the epic on your first buy instead of your fiftieth. There's already lots of challenges based on the daily games and difficulty varies from set to set on all of them. I don't think that would be much of a problem.

If they can't score the stores, surely that just means that we can't have "score X in KO". I don't see how it would stop "beat your opponent in KO today" (medium) or "play KO today" (easy).

But I suppose the fact that it couldn't be given on Saturday-Monday, the fact that you couldn't complete it if you didn't sign up on Monday or the fact that difficulty would likely vary from day to day (opponent on Friday will probably be better than your opponent on Tuesday) might be a good enough reason to just not have any knockout challenges.

~(_8(I)

#834880 - Sun Oct 28 2012 10:56 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: AdamM7]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Adams, you seem to have answered the question yourself near the last parageaph's end. Lol. But yes, as I recall, there is a lot involved in having certain challenges issued only Tuesday-Friday, and as you said, how terrible it would be to get a challenge that says to win your KO on Wednesday, but you were knocked out ok Tuesday. Haha. The other challenges are playable every day, whereas KOwpuld not be.

Of course, I like a KO challenge, but I just do think it's plausible.

smile

#834881 - Sun Oct 28 2012 11:01 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
I wouldn't mind the ones Adam has suggested in his middle paragraph, but I wouldn't like to see any based on the Fantasy KO, for the sole reason that it's completely out of players' hands. I wouldn't like to be assigned a Daily Challenge that other people have effectively failed on my behalf, or where I can do nothing to actually achieve the challenge myself.

#834895 - Sun Oct 28 2012 11:34 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: reeshy]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

iLife them too, reeshy, but in testing, it was determined that those woud not be added, for reasons similar to Adams final paragraph. smile

#835820 - Thu Nov 01 2012 04:58 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Stoke on Trent StaffordshireUK
It's all getting too complicated and all we need is some extras badges on existing games and maybe one or two more nice simple unconfusing games .......

#835871 - Thu Nov 01 2012 09:24 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracie3]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
What part is getting too complicated?

#835880 - Thu Nov 01 2012 10:04 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Buddy1]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Lots of it......A treasure hunt of quizzes before we get a badge..........Long haul quizzes needing hours and hours to get

#835889 - Thu Nov 01 2012 10:49 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracie3]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
I don't understand how those things are complicated...

#835902 - Thu Nov 01 2012 11:32 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
The joy of this website is that everything is *optional*. If you don't want to complete your challenges, that's fine, but many other players are really enjoying this game, and finding it fantastic. There is a great sense of accomplishment in completing the more convoluted challenges, but if you don't want to do them, that's fine.

#835904 - Thu Nov 01 2012 11:41 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: reeshy]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

It's not case of not wanting to do them.

..Isn't there room on here for some simple badges/badgelets to go for?

Complicated in not a straight forward badge to be won

#835906 - Thu Nov 01 2012 12:10 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracie3]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: gracie3
It's not case of not wanting to do them.

..Isn't there room on here for some simple badges/badgelets to go for?

Complicated in not a straight forward badge to be won

There are quite a few simple, straightforward badges - have you investigated the list at this page?

http://www.funtrivia.com/challenges.cfm

#835909 - Thu Nov 01 2012 12:13 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: looney_tunes]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Done and dusted smile

#835929 - Thu Nov 01 2012 01:16 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracie3]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
The problem is that loading the site with 'simple' badges will oversaturate the list we have-- soon everyone will be at level 100+. We're working hard to keep a balance. smile

#835930 - Thu Nov 01 2012 01:21 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kyleisalive]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

I see what you mean...Ah well.

#835934 - Thu Nov 01 2012 01:44 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracie3]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Not to say there won't be more basic badges-- it may just seem that there are fewer because you're completing them quicker. wink

#836014 - Thu Nov 01 2012 10:39 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kyleisalive]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
gracie3,

Not sure if you've thought of exploring the authors' side of this site. There are more badges available for writing questions and quizzes, and I know I've gained an infinite amount of knowledge, great friendships and respect for the truly prolific authors here at FT through that process.

Just a thought.

Sue

#917816 - Thu Nov 15 2012 03:39 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: shuehorn]
Lottie1001 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Westmorland UK
Another suggestion for one of the daily challenge.

To get 50 questions correct in Who's Smartest?, Mixed Trivia or Piece of Cake.

#917826 - Thu Nov 15 2012 03:53 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Lottie1001]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Hmmm, interesting. I like the idea, Lottie.

#917839 - Thu Nov 15 2012 04:19 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Good idea.

#917844 - Thu Nov 15 2012 04:42 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: pmarney]
jabb5076 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Georgia USA
Originally Posted By: pmarney
It might stop Teams who limit who plays T v's T just so they keep at the top, my view is everyone on a Team should be able to play not just those deemed good enough to play and keep the scores high.

Are there actually teams that do this? It's the first I've heard of anything along this line--it seems rather unethical, to say the least, and how would a team actually prevent a member from playing TvT?

#917885 - Thu Nov 15 2012 10:05 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: jabb5076]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             
I won't name names, but I have definitely heard of teams doing this.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Terry