Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 21 of 90 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#828539 - Mon Oct 01 2012 07:00 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Terry, can a line be added to that challenge saying "Make sure you convert your questions to points for credit." ?

This is not the first time someone has been confused about banking the questions.

#828540 - Mon Oct 01 2012 07:09 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
yak, you must complete seven daily challenges, not daily quizzes.

You have only two complete challenges, both from today.

#828564 - Mon Oct 01 2012 08:57 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
You are correct. That added line would be helpful. You see I banked them, and thought that once I hit the 16 without converting them that I would receive that daily challenge.
Since I can play more than 16, I was led to believe that there would be no need to hit the convert to points button until I had reached the 75 number.

#828582 - Mon Oct 01 2012 10:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Emma, you can't bank questions without converting them to points.
This was my initial assumption, so I decided to play Quick Quiz to figure it out, and that does appear to be how it works.

#828604 - Mon Oct 01 2012 10:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Perhaps part of the problem is the wording in the game itself, not the new challenge. To "do banking" (as in transactions) is not quite the same thing as "banking SOMEthing". Banking/storing money or commodities implies that you are "saving them up for another day". But "converting" the correct q's to points is really like spending or making a withdrawal from your questions "account" : ) It's a little misleading (on the first attempt anyway lol - and I do remember some very minor issues with it when the QQuiz game was brand new).

After you answer your very first question in Quick Quiz, this message appears at the bottom:
You may bank your correct answers for points when you answer at least 3 correctly (1 so far).

Perhaps replace "for points" to "by converting them to points"?

The wording shows up again in the blurb on the page when you END the game and has two sentences that speak about "banking". One is:
Regular players get a pool of 100 questions every day, and may bank 20 correct answers per day (max 200 points).

It (may or may not lol) be helpful if the second part was changed to read:
"and may bank 20 correct answers per day by converting them to points (max 200 points)"

Anyhoo, congrats to all the "Flag Bearers" so far!

Edited by Jakeroo (Mon Oct 01 2012 10:44 AM)

#828605 - Mon Oct 01 2012 10:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Chavs
[quote=kaddarsgirl]"Brain twist and mixed multi-author quizzes do not count. You may take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days."

Might I suggest changing "You may take quizzes" to "You may retake quizzes" so that it matches the other challenges with the same phrase?

What is written is accurate...

You may take quizzes you have not played within the past 30 days.

So, if you have NOT taken quiz X within the past 30 days, then you MAY take it now. That is consistent with the intended meaning.

I agree that it could be worded better though, and will alter it.

#828606 - Mon Oct 01 2012 10:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: Buddy1
Emma, you can't bank questions without converting them to points.
This was my initial assumption, so I decided to play Quick Quiz to figure it out, and that does appear to be how it works.

Quick quiz challenges clarified for those not familiar with quick quiz.

#828609 - Mon Oct 01 2012 11:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
mayneeyak Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Northern Ontario Canada  
LOLOLOL I use to sit around all day and dream one day of having a brain I could call my very own.
Thank you Wesley for pointing out my "oversight".

Yak smile

#828610 - Mon Oct 01 2012 11:30 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mayneeyak]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
Got a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before. Once you complete a challenge, it is possible for it to appear again later? Can you get the sme challenge more than once if you are successful in completing it?

#828611 - Mon Oct 01 2012 11:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fredsixties]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Originally Posted By: fredsixties
Got a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before. Once you complete a challenge, it is possible for it to appear again later? Can you get the sme challenge more than once if you are successful in completing it?

Yes, I know of players who have had the same challenge after completing it once. Also, I think it's been mentioned there are around 70 different challenges, so naturally repeats would be required to win the badge for completing 200 of each difficulty.

Edited by reeshy (Mon Oct 01 2012 11:39 AM)

#828612 - Mon Oct 01 2012 11:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
You might run into exactly the same challenge (for instance win a certain game) or into a similar challenge (for instance: on day 1 you have to answer 26 correctly in Mind Melt - a medium challenge, on day 4 you have to answer 22 correctly in Mind Melt - an easy challenge).

#828613 - Mon Oct 01 2012 12:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: JanIQ]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: JanIQ
You might run into exactly the same challenge (for instance win a certain game) or into a similar challenge (for instance: on day 1 you have to answer 26 correctly in Mind Melt - a medium challenge, on day 4 you have to answer 22 correctly in Mind Melt - an easy challenge).

Also, you cannot get the exact challenge you complete when you buy a new one the same day, and you cannot get the exact challenge tomorrow if you complete it today.

#828803 - Tue Oct 02 2012 09:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
WorldB Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Long Island New York USA      
Just a note that my easy challenge today which requires playing Mind Melt ... Mind Melt is not hyperlinked to the game page.

#828808 - Tue Oct 02 2012 09:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WorldB]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I would like to also ask for that hyperlink to be added. It's been mentioned quite a few times in the various testing threads and whatnot. I would imagine it's not too difficult to add?

#828809 - Tue Oct 02 2012 09:44 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: salami_swami
I would like to also ask for that hyperlink to be added. It's been mentioned quite a few times in the various testing threads and whatnot. I would imagine it's not too difficult to add?

There are a few others that have been brought up too, but off the top of my head I can't remember which ones they were.

#828810 - Tue Oct 02 2012 09:51 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
bushidox Offline
Participant

Loc: Missouri USA
Not a bug per se, but an observation.

Yesterday, I had the Medium Challenge of: "Rumor has it that you scored 976 points in the Piece of Cake game on Sep 27". As this score, is, as far as I can remember it, my own personal best, that was extremely daunting. I tried and failed to get 976, by getting 975 twice, 974 and 972, narrowly missing the goal, but having a great deal of fun in the process.

Today, I was tasked as a Difficult challenge to: "Score a cumulative total of at least 7937 points in the Word Wizard hourly game". As you can get more than 1400 points an hour, for many people this would only take 6 or 7 hourly games with a reasonable total.

Now, I understand people have different strengths and weaknesses, and can invest differing amounts of time daily to the site. My suggestion is to swap these two, or at the least make beating a personal best a difficult category, as that seems more in line with the challenge level. You guys know better, having done more thorough testing, but I would guess that most people have rather difficult personal best scores to beat, thereby making it difficult rather than medium.

Just a thought. Even though I failed yesterday, I had a lot of fun trying! So far, other than the category score, which you adjusted already, I have thought each level to be fair. 6/5/2 completed for reference.

#828811 - Tue Oct 02 2012 10:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
Windswept Offline
Participant

Loc: Michigan USA
I have I think a new topic. Today my easy challenge was to evaluate the questions in the New Question Game. I played the game on my mobile device and it said that since my screen was not big enough, the evaluating of new questions had been disabled. So I cannot do this challenge due to no reason on my part.

So, what can I do? If I had known that this would happen, I would have gone later to my desktop?

Windswept

#828812 - Tue Oct 02 2012 10:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Bushidox, some difficult challenges aren't that difficult; some medium challenges feel very difficult. One person can think a difficult challenge is easy; another can feel it's too difficult. That's just the way things are. (I myself once had a medium challenge that felt like a difficult challenge, although I'm sure there were those who felt otherwise.)

Edited by Buddy1 (Tue Oct 02 2012 10:04 AM)

#828813 - Tue Oct 02 2012 10:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Bushidox, it's just bad luck that your personal best got chosen for the challenge. It randomly chooses a score to attach as a goal to a challenge. This type of challenge appears at several difficulty levels, with varying scores based on how well you have done in the past. From the scores you posted for your "attempts", though, it appears that all of your scores are very high, and you will therefore see much less variation than players who have a wide range of scores to choose from. Does that make sense? Because you do so well, your to-beat score is higher than others getting the same challenge, because they perhaps do not have as many good scores as you do.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Tue Oct 02 2012 10:12 AM)

#828815 - Tue Oct 02 2012 10:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Actually Kaddarsgirl, if I remember correctly there is one challenge which seems to take a personal best score, at least within the last x months. In testing the phrasing led me to believe that anyway. I seem to remember saying something about it in the testing thread, about Terry having a laugh or pulling the wings off flies - or maybe that was about another of his twisted tasks, lol. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was a PB score and like Bushidox I enjoyed trying to beat it and also like Buddy, I failed.

Now then young Terry, if I might have a word in your ear? Some of my fellow Llamas have started to call me "Floppy" and one or two of the more foolhardy have even called me "cute". As this is entirely your fault, I expect reparation! Send that little Perfect Score badge my way or the duck gets it. wink

Edited by flopsymopsy (Tue Oct 02 2012 10:47 AM)

#828816 - Tue Oct 02 2012 10:52 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: bushidox
or at the least make beating a personal best a difficult category, as that seems more in line with the challenge level.

You got unlucky! That challenge just takes a random recent score of yours (minus any that the system deems to be unfairly low).

#828819 - Tue Oct 02 2012 11:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
Actually Kaddarsgirl, if I remember correctly there is one challenge which seems to take a personal best score, at least within the last x months. In testing the phrasing led me to believe that anyway. I seem to remember saying something about it in the testing thread, about Terry having a laugh or pulling the wings off flies - or maybe that was about another of his twisted tasks, lol.

I thought that was one of the flags....could be wrong though...I definitely remember you saying something about those flies though...

#828883 - Tue Oct 02 2012 01:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
Daikenro a member of The Internationals, has been given the following task in the Daily Challenge:

Rank 1st or 2nd in Obscurity.

Daikenro is not a gold member so there is no way they are going to be able to complete this challenge.

I think this happened to another player recently and the bug had been fixed. Is it possible for their challenge to be changed?

Thanks smile

#828953 - Tue Oct 02 2012 07:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubbatom1]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
My medium challenge today was to play 4 player-created quizzes in a row rated Average, Tough or Difficult quizzes. I was given credit for playing one of the Newest Mixed Quizzes, which I didn't notice until I finished.

#828955 - Tue Oct 02 2012 07:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: George95]
Daikenro Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: China
For my Difficult challenge today I need to "Rank 1st or 2nd in your division in an hourly game of Obscurity." Since I'm not a Gold Member, I cannot play Obscurity. I guess this is a bug and that I should never get this challenge.

Page 21 of 90 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry