Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#830073 - Sun Oct 07 2012 02:05 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: sisterseagull]
dsimpy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Belfast Ireland
Originally Posted By: sisterseagull

I won't post my feelings here about Hamza and his ilk as, I'm sure, they would result in this thread being closed.

No SS, I'm pretty sure you'd be safe enough.

#830080 - Sun Oct 07 2012 02:51 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: dsimpy]
C30 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Lancashire England UK         
What a "pantomime"........"He's being extradited"........"Oh no he isn't", "Oh Yes he is", "Oh no he isn't", "Oh yes he is"!............you couldn't make it up! Then of course with appeals, counter appeals and appeals about the appealing, a veritable army of Lawyers have doubtless done very nicely out of it all.

I have "examined my beliefs"......and net result is that I am still right wing politically and am always going to be.......contary to belief of the "liberal left", a great number of the people living in this Isle, don't take kindly to being threatened by those happy to accept the hospitality and "handouts" this country doles out.

Extradited - good riddance and I suspect my views and those of "sisterseagull" likely to be not dissimilar, as I too served in our country's military.

#830104 - Sun Oct 07 2012 05:24 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: mountaingoat]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
Why would you compare David Hicks from Australia, and Obama's drones in Pakistan, with Abu Hamza from Finsbury Park?
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#830109 - Sun Oct 07 2012 05:55 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: lesley153]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Because Hicks was an Australian who got tortured and abused by people purporting to be carrying out American Justice on the basis that they suspected him to be a terrorist - and Hamza and the other people extradited this week are on terrorism charges with some of the evidence against them being testimony from people like Hicks who might well have said anything under the circumstances. Etc.

I find it hard to find sympathy for Hamza. & I think he's had a fair go at the appeal system, with the best lawyers, so I think he just has to face the music.

But I don't feel confident in this US v Terrorism justice system and would be very scared if any of my loved ones ended up in it.

#830111 - Sun Oct 07 2012 05:59 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: Chavs]
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England UK           
Thanks, Chavs!

I have no sympathy for Abu Hamza at all. Not only has he had more than his fair share of legal aid - paid for by the rest of us - but what he wished for us is worse than anything he may be facing in America.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#830112 - Sun Oct 07 2012 06:11 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: lesley153]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Understandable. That's beside the point when it comes to the wheels of justice, though. They have to turn correctly at all times for any of us to be able to condemn him, otherwise we aren't any better than him. Therefore, it was money that needed to be spent and was for the general public as well as him, to prevent your and my rights being trampled upon.

The least deserving have to be given full rights and access to all legal rights, otherwise we open the door to a subjective justice system that can deem you to be unndeserving at any time.

That's part of the complaint about gitmo - it deemed some people not deserving of rights, and a lot of those people left without ever being charged which just shows up how flawed and abusive that idea was, I think.

#830113 - Sun Oct 07 2012 06:13 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: mountaingoat]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Originally Posted By: mountaingoat
The people who post blatant US propaganda or anti climate change propaganda get a free reign.

I think that's what reasonable people call 'a balanced debate'. Do you really want a world where people who you disagree with aren't allowed their say, like North Korea or Cuba, and I haven't seen a single pro-climate change post deleted so maybe you are a little oversensitive on that one? Or you just want the anti-climate change posts deleted instead to be happy?

UN IPCC

#830115 - Sun Oct 07 2012 06:43 PM Re: Abu Hamza to be extradited to US [Re: satguru]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
What the heck does climate change have to do with Abu Hamza being extradited?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943