Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#835202 - Mon Oct 29 2012 04:14 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
At that time, it might also be a good idea to update WAI champs to only accept players with 50k Whozits, not those with 5k (the division was created before the 50k badge and players there are at a significant points disadvantage).

#835218 - Mon Oct 29 2012 04:40 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: WesleyCrusher]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Agreed. When the champs division was added in WAI, I don't think the 50K badge had been added yet so it made the journey to 50K much tougher. I think it's a good compromise.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#835277 - Mon Oct 29 2012 09:28 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: salami_swami]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
I am in favor if the champs division. It is in my opinion that if champs want to complain about not winning.... Tough. They have the badges. But a regular guy cannot compete against constant 85-110 second scores.

Originally Posted By: Terry
Yes, the plan is to have a champ division for mind melt too, for players who have won all the badges there.

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
At that time, it might also be a good idea to update WAI champs to only accept players with 50k Whozits, not those with 5k (the division was created before the 50k badge and players there are at a significant points disadvantage).

Would you also please consider a champs division for the Daily Game? The "Daily Game Winner" badge was actually one of the hardest daily-set-winner badges to earn (for me, anyhow), after the "Who Am I?" equivalent. I realize there's no monthly badge (although that might be nice, too), but it just sort of seems unbalanced not to have a champs division, in principle, if other games do.

#835285 - Mon Oct 29 2012 10:16 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: gracious1]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
There are already champ divisions. Do you notice how 11 and 12 divisions always kick butt! wink

#835368 - Tue Oct 30 2012 06:37 AM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA

Will do.

#836422 - Sat Nov 03 2012 04:29 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: WesleyCrusher]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mesa AZ

Will you also be disbanding the MM sets 'reserved' for the newbies and casual players, ie 6-15? The rest of us who struggle just as much as they, are at a significant points disadvantage. They can win the monthly in their first or second month. Some of us have tried for nearly 2 years with scores that are better than theirs, but earn half the points. Levelling the playing field would be nice. They can 'pay their dues' the way the rest of us do. Let everyone play in ALL the sets, other than the 'champs'.

Edited by ssabreman (Sat Nov 03 2012 04:30 PM)

#838201 - Sun Nov 11 2012 07:51 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: ssabreman]
eyhung Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: California USA
Just wanted to say that I support the movement to separate people who have won the Mastery badge (50000) from those who have just won the Monthly badge, for all daily games. When is this likely to be implemented?

#838221 - Sun Nov 11 2012 10:05 PM Re: About the CHAMP Classification [Re: eyhung]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mesa AZ
Yes, I was kinda hoping that it would have been in place to start the month, but it wasn't. So another month of hammering away while the newbies and casuals fast-track to the monthly badge in the 'easy' sets. Time for a change, please!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Terry