Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#830595 - Tue Oct 09 2012 04:11 PM QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS
lampshade56 Offline
Participant

Loc: Colne Lancashire England UK   
I hope this is the right place to post this question! When a quiz has been accepted and put online, when are the 2,000 points added to the author's score? Previously I have found that the points were added on the day the accepting editor wrote to me but they haven't appeared today (for "Hot Time in the City") nor for the quiz before that ("Last In, First Out"). Could an editor look into it please. If for any reason I've got it completely wrong I apologise in advance.

#830596 - Tue Oct 09 2012 04:13 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: lampshade56]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Agony, an editor, already answered this over in the Chat Boards.

#830629 - Tue Oct 09 2012 06:49 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
To save folks the five steps it took me to leave here and search through "Chat Boards" (It's the "Author's Lounge" that has the Question and reply), here is what Agony posted there to the same question:

Originally Posted By: Agony
The points are not added to the day's scores, as they cannot be part of the Endurance Badge. When you look at tomorrow's points, you will see that you have 2000 more than you did today.
Reply #2. Oct 09 12, 3:08 PM

I think there is a little more to be clear about there. I underdstood and have experienced the points being added right away, not to the daily total right away or to tomorrow's total as Agony says but to the overall total immediately. If I mis-interpreted what Agony stated, sorry but I read it as saying the points don't appear until the next day when they seem to actually appear at once but in a place not connected to any endurance badge effort, meaning you could see the points being added in to help advance a point level right away.
Does someone want to update the "Author's Lounge" entry if this is true?

Edited by mehaul (Tue Oct 09 2012 06:52 PM)

#830717 - Wed Oct 10 2012 01:14 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: mehaul]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
What you say is correct. The overall total will increase by 2000 points as soon as the quiz is published but nothing will be added to the player's daily total.

#830752 - Wed Oct 10 2012 03:28 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: Snowman]
lampshade56 Offline
Participant

Loc: Colne Lancashire England UK   
Thanks for clearing that up. I did post in both places but I didn't find this board until after I had posted there and realised this was the right place. Again sorry about that.

#832110 - Tue Oct 16 2012 07:15 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: lampshade56]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
No need to apologise really - these boards can be quite the enigma sometimes lol. Kudos to mehaul and Snowman for making life a little easier for a new person : )

#832120 - Tue Oct 16 2012 09:30 PM Re: QUIZ AUTHORING POINTS [Re: Jakeroo]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
TY. I saw a duty and performed it. Under my five point plan all, er, number one, raise the point. Not point one but your point, here and hope to get an answer. Well, that's not really an action point on my part but it is plan point one. Two, I have said that you will have a question which should be answered. Number three, well, two was meant to lower player angst by allowing a vent point, not a plan point, a point of reference. Back to point three and we can offer alternative steps to take to get to an answer. The fourth point checks that the answer has no loop holes and point five finishes the plan.

Edit: no changes have been made to this plan. Four points is four points and I will stick by them.

Edited by mehaul (Wed Oct 17 2012 01:52 AM)

Moderator:  agony, gtho4