Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 29 of 90 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#830524 - Tue Oct 09 2012 10:37 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: moonraker2]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: moonraker2
I have just tried to buy another challenge, but am being advised "You cannot buy any more challenges right now as you have more than 1 incomplete challenge".

One of my challenges is .... "You must end today as one of your team's heroes in the Team Hero game". I've completed the challenge and feel confident of being successful, but of course the result cannot be determined before the close of the FT day.

My query is ... if I'm ever allocated more than one similar 'daily' challenge on any one day it will be impossible to buy additional challenges on that day, although I'm guessing this scenario may have already been dealt with in the schedule?

Right now it is possible to receive 2 challenges that complete at midnight. So yes, you may find yourself in a situation that you complete 9 challenges in a day and through no fault of your own are unable to purchase a tenth.

I suppose I could change the "purcahse" process to ignore challenges that complete at midnight when determining is incomplete or not if we needed to.

Edited by Terry (Tue Oct 09 2012 10:38 AM)

#830529 - Tue Oct 09 2012 11:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
No, don't do that, I like the little bit of risk involved in purchasing the challenge... Will it end at midnight? Will I be able to complete it now? smile

#830530 - Tue Oct 09 2012 11:15 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
I'm working on my difficult challenge:

Quote:
Ready to take a tour of our categories? Score at least 9 questions correct in any quiz in 17 different categories (Animals, Brain Teasers, Geography, etc). You may replay quizzes not taken in the past 30 days.

I mistakenly thought it was 10 correct when I was completing History, so ended up doing two separate quizzes that qualified, so now I have two ticks for History instead of just one, so it's counting it as two categories. Just to let you know. smile

#830536 - Tue Oct 09 2012 12:24 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
Originally Posted By: Iceman61
I traded in my difficult challenge and got the one about going up against someone in Expert. You are only allowed to use your first four scores of the day against your opponent. I had already played three times and those scores show up for me. Admittedly, they are not my best scores. Shouldn't those not be counted since it tells me to pick wisely? That is kind of like Ex Post Trivus where I am being punished for something I did before the law/game came into effect. Maybe it is a bug and maybe it is not. I thought I would point that out.

For 95% of challenges, we do look "at the whole day" to determine scores, and for most there are very good reasons. This one, though, is both fairly easy for me to change to look at only your first 4 expert scores AFTER you get it. I think doing that would make that challenge a little more interesting.

I just purchased this challenge, and it is still counting games from before the buy. I wasn't sure if you had decided to actually make the change, but, if you did, it isn't working.

#830551 - Tue Oct 09 2012 01:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
bushidox Offline
Participant

Loc: Missouri USA
I managed to get the same difficult challenge as Reeshy, and it worked fine for me. I was able to test it, as I had to get 66 questions right in one of the categories for the Medium, and a perfect score on an Average or higher rated quiz for the Easy. This was a very nice set, and a great way to help a new gold member (me) explore the quiz categories of the site.

One minor suggestion, for a difficult challenge, being able to get 9 questions right on even Very Easy rated quizzes seems exceptionally simple. Compared to a lot of other difficult challenges this seems trivial in comparison. My suggestion is to keep it at 9 or more questions right in 12 categories, BUT, to make the quizzes need to be Average or higher in rating. Very Easy and Easy seem not in line with a difficult challenge, in my humble opinion.

I doubt I will have as many "themed" days as I did today, but, as I said, it was a great tour of the site. Neat that it worked out that way today.

#830558 - Tue Oct 09 2012 01:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I would just view it as one of the cases in which a Difficult task is not that difficult--just like there are some tasks that to some people may be anything but easy.

#830560 - Tue Oct 09 2012 01:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
Originally Posted By: Terry
Originally Posted By: Iceman61
I traded in my difficult challenge and got the one about going up against someone in Expert. You are only allowed to use your first four scores of the day against your opponent. I had already played three times and those scores show up for me. Admittedly, they are not my best scores. Shouldn't those not be counted since it tells me to pick wisely? That is kind of like Ex Post Trivus where I am being punished for something I did before the law/game came into effect. Maybe it is a bug and maybe it is not. I thought I would point that out.

For 95% of challenges, we do look "at the whole day" to determine scores, and for most there are very good reasons. This one, though, is both fairly easy for me to change to look at only your first 4 expert scores AFTER you get it. I think doing that would make that challenge a little more interesting.

I just purchased this challenge, and it is still counting games from before the buy. I wasn't sure if you had decided to actually make the change, but, if you did, it isn't working.

No changes made yet -- I'll add them in starting tomorrow.

Edited by Terry (Tue Oct 09 2012 01:54 PM)

#830630 - Tue Oct 09 2012 07:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
How well can you string together successes? Play any six tough or difficult 10-question player quizzes in a row, achieving scores of at least 8 on each.

The quiz listed at the bottom was played first. (How Far Would You Go? - Part 2:) The next six were all rated as "Tough", and I scored at least an 8 or better on the other six.

Thanks.

Closest attempt today: 3 in a row.

Quizzes you have played today, in order:

"M*A*S*H" Season 6: "Fallen Idol":

3.18 "Stirred":

3.15 "Hartsfield's Landing":

3.6 "War Crimes":

3.4 "Ways and Means":

Let's Eat at 'the West Wing': Season 3:

How Far Would You Go? - Part 2: Not the required difficulty

Incomplete

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#830637 - Tue Oct 09 2012 07:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Bug fixed.

#830646 - Tue Oct 09 2012 09:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Thanks for the fix.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#830686 - Wed Oct 10 2012 08:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: cubswin2323]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
My challenge today - Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes after it goes online. A perfect score or at most one question wrong will complete this challenge. Note that mixed generated quizzes do not count -- just regular player created quizzes.

So far today there has been one new quiz posted on Funtrivia and that was whilst I was at dialysis.

#830688 - Wed Oct 10 2012 08:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
fredsixties Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Staten Island
New York USA 
It is impossible to get inot the "Ask a Question" section today. That is my easy challenge for today..not so easy..

#830689 - Wed Oct 10 2012 09:11 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fredsixties]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: fredsixties
It is impossible to get inot the "Ask a Question" section today. That is my easy challenge for today..not so easy..

What do you mean? Do you mean for asking a question, or for answering a question?

If it's the latter, there are two new unanswered questions you could try!

#830690 - Wed Oct 10 2012 09:14 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
WesleyCrusher Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Starlord
My challenge today - Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes after it goes online. A perfect score or at most one question wrong will complete this challenge. Note that mixed generated quizzes do not count -- just regular player created quizzes.

So far today there has been one new quiz posted on Funtrivia and that was whilst I was at dialysis.

I hope you made good use of the ones I just released smile

#830696 - Wed Oct 10 2012 11:26 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bushidox]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Originally Posted By: bushidox
I managed to get the same difficult challenge as Reeshy, and it worked fine for me.

It did work for me, but the bug is that it was registering the same category multiple times, so theoretically it seems I could have done all 17 quizzes in the same category and received credit.

#830709 - Wed Oct 10 2012 12:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

My Nemesis today is only 2 FT days old. That doesn't quite seem fair. Can this please be set up so that like is paired with like (Gold vs Gold, Centurion vs Centurion, Newbie vs Newbie) just to level the playing field a bit?

#830710 - Wed Oct 10 2012 12:26 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
navaho56 Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Twice this week I have bought challenges (9credits) only to be given the exact same challenges I have failed (due to comp crash and failing to reach desired score), so due to having played the game previously I received the message " You have already played this game " GRRRRRRRRR

#830712 - Wed Oct 10 2012 12:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
My Nemesis today is only 2 FT days old. That doesn't quite seem fair. Can this please be set up so that like is paired with like (Gold vs Gold, Centurion vs Centurion, Newbie vs Newbie) just to level the playing field a bit?

Why not just consider it one of the "easy" difficult challenges? Also, how is this any different than (for example) playing games in the same division as champions or aganist players of lower levels?

#830723 - Wed Oct 10 2012 02:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Buddy1]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Originally Posted By: Buddy1

Why not just consider it one of the "easy" difficult challenges? Also, how is this any different than (for example) playing games in the same division as champions or aganist players of lower levels?

I agree with Buddy on this one. I got a Nemesis once on a day when I really had no time at all to play the required amount to amass points. Luck of the draw. I was probably looked at as the "favorite" that day in terms of being Gold and my level, but my Nemesis won. You never know what someone's situation might be.

Sue

edited to eliminate a rather unfortunate and unintentionally self-aggrandizing typo

Edited by shuehorn (Wed Oct 10 2012 08:45 PM)

#830735 - Wed Oct 10 2012 02:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: shuehorn]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
I also think that the luck of the draw is just part of the challenge. The fun of the unknown! smile

But!

Maybe I will feel differently after several draws pair me against unbeatable fiendish champion scorers, lol!. Maybe it's something that can be reviewed after a few weeks when people have had multiple shots at it.

Edited by Chavs (Wed Oct 10 2012 02:35 PM)

#830737 - Wed Oct 10 2012 02:36 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

I'm not really concerned about myself as far as the challenge goes. I can rack up enough points if I need to, to beat someone higher up. I was just thinking of how the 2 day old that got paired up with me might feel, today, about the challenge.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Oct 10 2012 02:37 PM)

#830739 - Wed Oct 10 2012 02:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
abechstein Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Athens Georgia USA            
I was just thinking of how the 2 day old that got paired up with me might feel, today, about the challenge.

They might take it as a challenge...

Some of my highest daily scoring totals were during my first couple of weeks on the site, when I was exploring. Now, I average under half of what I scored when I first got on the site (though that average is rising a bit with all these challenges).

Edited by abechstein (Wed Oct 10 2012 02:45 PM)

#830740 - Wed Oct 10 2012 02:53 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA

I see this as a bit of a balancer as some of the challenges higher level players get which require a win in their division, particularly in the Champion divisions, is a much harder task than winning a set in the lower levels.

#830742 - Wed Oct 10 2012 03:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: bubblesfun]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I agree with bubbles...

And age of player really does not matter. Nor does whether they are gold or not. As mentioned, a new player can get oodles of points quite easily. As can a regular member who has millions of points. I know that alan56 could easily beat me if we were ever paired up for the challenge. I see him get 15,000 points a day regularly. And that is simply with hourly games and such; he is not scored for quizzes.

I think it's all just the luck of the draw. If you're paired with a top competitor; tough cookies. That's just the way it crumbles.

#830750 - Wed Oct 10 2012 03:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
[/quote] I hope you made good use of the ones I just released smile [/quote]

Sorry Wesley, dialysis caught up with me and I've zonked out for the last 6 hours, lookes like some good quizzes there though. I'll probably use the gold memeber perk and trade for another challenge.

Page 29 of 90 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Terry