Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#830980 - Thu Oct 11 2012 04:36 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: mehaul]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I thought it meant you could play four times and the highest of your four scores would be compared to your opponent's highest score. So don't waste your four plays on topics you're not confident in.

#830995 - Thu Oct 11 2012 05:19 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: guitargoddess]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Thanks to both of you. That unconfuses some of the language I've read. "Only Four Count" in the challenge. Shouldn't that then be referred to as "1st 4"? The sixth play being good toward daily score but not the challenge score?
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#831002 - Thu Oct 11 2012 05:31 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Tizzabelle]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Originally Posted By: Tizzabelle
I love a good scavenger hunt. It's the thrill of the chase trying to track down those elusive quizzes. I did enjoy (but don't want to repeat) Mission Impossible. So I'd love a few scavenger hunts but without the quiz titles being given to you. I'd love to see something like
"Play __ quizzes with the word ___ in the title in at least ___ categories and score at least _ ."
I'd also make it that the player couldn't use the most obvious category so if it the word was "cat", any Animals quizzes wouldn't count. If the word was "cheese", Hobbies quizzes would be excluded.

Another way to do it would be to have themed scavenger hunts e.g. having to find 10 quizzes with at least one of the following words in them: hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades, and joker. You must find at least one quiz with each word in it i.e. one with Heart, one with club etc.
This sort of thing could be done with lots of topics - dogs, cats, birds etc, fruits and/or vegetables, people/things found in a hospital/school/gym/circus, people/things in "Titanic", Jack Nicholson movie titles, rooms in houses, musical instruments, sports etc, etc, etc.

I like this idea too.

#831101 - Fri Oct 12 2012 11:24 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: looney_tunes]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Thanks for all the ideas. I haven't read this thread in any sort of detail, and likely won't until I decide to do a round of additions. But I certainly will take this thread's ideas into consideration when we do get to that!

#832553 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:39 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: triviaking162]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"Play X quizzes of the hour and get at least 50% on all of them. (Depending on how many - easy to difficult)"

2 challenges added from this suggestion. Triviaking, you have been granted the 2 challenges for testing. Go ahead!

#832554 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:43 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Gotta love those new challenges. laugh

#832559 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:08 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: guitargoddess]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"Suggest a title in the Author Challenges" (probably Easy)

Added. Guitargoddess gets it to test!

#832561 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:13 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Hehe. I don't why that word tickles me so much. :P

Would it be too cruel to have a challenge in the "difficult" section being "complete three challenges today"? Of course, this would not be complete until you got 3 complete, so you would HAVE to purchase one for the day.

Too cruel, isn't it? Hmmm, never mind. :P

Weird, it didn't let me post this originally because the post I was apparently replying too was deleted. wink

#832563 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:15 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

"Too cruel, isn't it? Hmmm, never mind. :P"

I actually like that one.

#832566 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:25 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
If you add anymore today, I'll test one!

#832573 - Thu Oct 18 2012 02:02 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
triviaking162 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York USA
Cool, my idea was used! I'll do my best to test it!

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#832663 - Thu Oct 18 2012 09:24 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
  SA Australia   
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Hehe. I don't why that word tickles me so much. :P

Would it be too cruel to have a challenge in the "difficult" section being "complete three challenges today"? Of course, this would not be complete until you got 3 complete, so you would HAVE to purchase one for the day.

I am still a fair few away from getting the twenty-twenty-twenty badge, but I can imagine getting as the difficult one on the day " earn a fun trivia badge".

#832667 - Thu Oct 18 2012 09:35 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: ASA]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
I like salami's idea a lot, and the ones that have been added/ are being tested.

What about a medium/difficult challenge with a poem or anagram in which you need to decipher a category or subcategory, then play a quiz in it

or:

Difficult:

Play a quiz in x categories in x order scoring x in each(e.g. Animals, then People, then Video Games)

#832686 - Thu Oct 18 2012 10:27 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

I like a scrambled category idea. Maybe easy to implement.

You must play a quiz and score x correct in a certain subcategory in x main category. But the subcategory appears as a string of letters! Unscramble to reveal your mystery category!

I like it. :-)

#832692 - Thu Oct 18 2012 10:49 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Chavs]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Chavs

PS I think maybe Quiz of the Hour is similar to Expert though??
Edited to cross out Q of the H suggestion. Far too open to cheating accusations.

What do you mean? One can cheat on any of the games, really.

#832924 - Fri Oct 19 2012 11:49 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracious1]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

While we're at it, is it possible to add something so that players can see other people's progress in the Daily Challenges? Like when we were testing, we could see what was happening (except for Wes near the end...I'd have braved the Wespires and Weswolves but we weren't allowed to wink ). I was thinking of something similar, maybe just for players on a person's friends list. Is this possible? I'd really like to see it.

#832926 - Fri Oct 19 2012 11:53 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Mariamir
While we're at it, is it possible to add something so that players can see other people's progress in the Daily Challenges? Like when we were testing, we could see what was happening (except for Wes near the end...I'd have braved the Wespires and Weswolves but we weren't allowed to wink ). I was thinking of something similar, maybe just for players on a person's friends list. Is this possible? I'd really like to see it.

You can add anyone to your friends list though...they don't even have to know they're on it if you uncheck the box that shows up when you want to add them. There'd have to be some kind of approval system...

I do dearly miss our shared pages though. It was really nice to see how everyone else was doing, and to see challenges they were getting that I didn't get a chance to play myself.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Fri Oct 19 2012 11:54 PM)

#832927 - Sat Oct 20 2012 12:00 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl

You can add anyone to your friends list though...they don't even have to know they're on it if you uncheck the box that shows up when you want to add them. There'd have to be some kind of approval system...

I do dearly miss our shared pages though. It was really nice to see how everyone else was doing, and to see challenges they were getting that I didn't get a chance to play myself.

Well, that's a different issue. What I meant was that a player could see the progress of the players on his/her profile (no point in seeing the whole site's progress).

What you're saying is that people's Daily Challenges could be watched without them knowing...which isn't a problem unless they DON'T want to be seen. In which case forget this idea. I still think it's a good one, though. smile

#832940 - Sat Oct 20 2012 12:21 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Or, at the very least, a "most challenges completed" list for easy, medium, hard, epic, and total.

#832961 - Sat Oct 20 2012 02:56 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Or, at the very least, a "most challenges completed" list for easy, medium, hard, epic, and total.

Eek - At the very least??! But what other information would you require?

I really like that these are personal challenges, not related to anyone else's progress, no race, no list, just between me and my quizGod. For some reason, I think lists would spoil that.

Nothing to stop a forum/messageboard thread where people just tell each other how many challenges they've finished. Don't know why a list would add any value at all, though, and for me it would take away some of the USP value.

Originally Posted By: gracious1
What do you mean? One can cheat on any of the games, really.

I suppose so. smile
Quiz of the Hour offers more chances maybe. I don't know, lol!

Edited by Chavs (Sat Oct 20 2012 03:01 AM)

#832965 - Sat Oct 20 2012 04:52 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         

I'd like to see it within teams.

#832978 - Sat Oct 20 2012 06:03 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: dippo]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I don't want my team to know... I like to sneak up on them. wink

#832981 - Sat Oct 20 2012 06:09 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: flopsymopsy]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
I don't want my team to know... I like to sneak up on them. wink

You mean you're not at the head of the herd ?! smile

#833002 - Sat Oct 20 2012 08:53 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Tizzabelle]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Tizz, we keep her locked in a corner with chains. She doesn't even get the greenest grass in to graze. wink

#833009 - Sat Oct 20 2012 09:07 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: salami_swami]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
I'm calling the RSPCA!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Terry