Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 31 of 92 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#831043 - Thu Oct 11 2012 11:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
I decided to scrap my difficult challenge on Television as I thought it was unfair on the authors having to rate their quizzes poor or very poor.

Hey, if they're actually poor quizzes... tongue

#831044 - Thu Oct 11 2012 11:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kyleisalive]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
If you don't rate poor for poor quizzes, how can the better ones rise to the top? As long as you are rating on the basis of the quiz's quality, and not your score, of course. grin

#831045 - Fri Oct 12 2012 12:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
AlanHill2306 Offline
Explorer

Loc: London UK but working in China
Got no response to the original post sent 11 Oct so I send again updated as now 12 Oct.

I completed the Easy Challenge (on 11 Oct) which was to score at least 50% in the Brain Twist game. I scored 3 out of 5 which is 60% but it hasn't awarded me the Funtrivia credit and still shows as incomplete. Maybe it's a timing issue as I did it shortly after midnight but I should still get the credit.

UPDATE: 12 Oct has now begun and I didn't get the credit even though I met the requirements. So there is a problem.

#831050 - Fri Oct 12 2012 03:02 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
Yes, I was by no means responding to your post, BubbaTom. I was making a general statement; it just was replied to yours since yours was the last post to have been made. smile

I understand how it can become quite annoying when people do nothing but complain all the time, or complain that something is unfair. I will admit I've done it, but not with the challenges, I do enjoy them! I can't wait to see what I've been given each day. : smile

#831082 - Fri Oct 12 2012 08:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
tootie0406 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Chicago Illinois USA          
I had a Challenge on Wednesday that didn't work. My challenge was to play England: Sports and Games in Quiz Mode, but I got an Error 3 Loading message with a long http mentioning forum images. I read back and someone else had this issue with a Quiz Game and it seemed like an easy fix. I don't care about losing the challenge, but I was hoping to get back the 9 credits I spent to get it.

#831098 - Fri Oct 12 2012 11:17 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AlanHill2306]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: AlanHill2306
Got no response to the original post sent 11 Oct so I send again updated as now 12 Oct.

I completed the Easy Challenge (on 11 Oct) which was to score at least 50% in the Brain Twist game. I scored 3 out of 5 which is 60% but it hasn't awarded me the Funtrivia credit and still shows as incomplete. Maybe it's a timing issue as I did it shortly after midnight but I should still get the credit.

UPDATE: 12 Oct has now begun and I didn't get the credit even though I met the requirements. So there is a problem.

Bug fixed.

#831099 - Fri Oct 12 2012 11:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: tootie0406]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Originally Posted By: tootie0406
I had a Challenge on Wednesday that didn't work. My challenge was to play England: Sports and Games in Quiz Mode, but I got an Error 3 Loading message with a long http mentioning forum images. I read back and someone else had this issue with a Quiz Game and it seemed like an easy fix. I don't care about losing the challenge, but I was hoping to get back the 9 credits I spent to get it.

Sorry, I don't even have a record of that challenge since it was a few days ago. (we usually don't go back and issue credits for bugs either, hope our apologies will suffice!)

I'll look into the quiz in question though and see what's up.

#831174 - Fri Oct 12 2012 11:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Originally Posted By: Terry
Right now it is possible to receive 2 challenges that complete at midnight. So yes, you may find yourself in a situation that you complete 9 challenges in a day and through no fault of your own are unable to purchase a tenth.

Is this still true?

Also, is there any chance of you putting up a score board so we can see the top completions in easy/medium/hard/epic/total challenges?

#831204 - Sat Oct 13 2012 03:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: nautilator]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Personal daily challenges changed into a competion between other players? Well, that only took 3 weeks to come up!

#831207 - Sat Oct 13 2012 04:50 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
lol, mehaul! Came up at the top of the thread I think! I still say no. laugh

Is the following a bug?

Easy: Play a quiz whose title begins with the letter E and score at least 3 correct.

I played: "Empire Builder" Part 1, got 6 correct, but challenge says incomplete. (Played it in flash mode.)

I'm just wondering if it's because of the quotation marks? Or something else.

(Scored with a different quiz in flash mode, without the quotation mark issue, and that scored with no problem).

Edited by Chavs (Sat Oct 13 2012 05:14 AM)

#831208 - Sat Oct 13 2012 05:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

Loc: Germany
It's a known issue on the "to be fixed" list.

#831211 - Sat Oct 13 2012 05:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Thanks Wesley. So we're to steer clear of quotation marks until further notice, I take it. smile

#831230 - Sat Oct 13 2012 07:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Oops -- yeah, the quotation mark issue IS fixed for some of the game types but looks like I missed that one. Busy family schedule today, so probably won't get a fix til tomorrow. Please play another that has no quotes!

#831345 - Sat Oct 13 2012 03:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
So glad this challenge:

"Complete a FunTrivia Challenge that results in a mini-badge or a badge being won."

was changed to include mini-badges as well as regular badges. I finally won it with an 8-letter "kangaroo" for the "Nice Word" mini. Justice for narrowly missing it the last time, when my badge was awarded after midnight. laugh

#831395 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
collybird Offline
Participant

Loc: Angus-Forfarshire Scotland UK 
Well done kaddarsgirl!

I've had that one twice this week but I'm getting very wary of it as my pool of easily obtainable badges gets smaller and smaller!

Well done to nautilator for being first to snag the '10 in a Day' mini badge.

#831396 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: collybird]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: collybird
Well done kaddarsgirl!

I've had that one twice this week but I'm getting very wary of it as my pool of easily obtainable badges gets smaller and smaller!

Thanks laugh Yeah, I'm pretty much out of easy ones. There are a few luck ones left I could get, some I'm just not ready for yet, and several that I could do if I had all day to work on them.

Originally Posted By: collybird
Well done to nautilator for being first to snag the '10 in a Day' mini badge.

I second this! Quite an impressive feat! Especially this early in the game. It takes a lot of patience to save those credits up.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Sat Oct 13 2012 06:38 PM)

#831450 - Sun Oct 14 2012 05:23 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Well done, nautilator. I admire the will power. I keep meaning to save the credits, but then I'm hoping to get an epic. So far, I mainly get given difficult extra challenges. I must learn not to spend but to save (and now I sound like my mother).

#831458 - Sun Oct 14 2012 06:47 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: fado72]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
My easy challenge for today is to
Play a mixed quiz (as listed on the homepage under Newest Mixed Quizzes) and score 677 points. Click the PLAY link (not HTML) for credit.

I play on my iPad which does not have flash player. I can't complete this challenge. Help?!

#831470 - Sun Oct 14 2012 09:42 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: golfmom08]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

Loc: Germany
Golfmom, unless you swap out the challenge, there'll be no way for you to complete it on the iPad.

Did you use the iPad when you first accessed challenges today? Terry said he has some code in there that if it detects a Flash-incompatible Apple device upon assigning challenges (which happens the first time you click the challenges link any given day), it would not give you any challenges requiring Flash.

If you used the iPad, there's probably an issue left with that code somewhere, otherwise just be sure to always retrieve your challenges on the iPad if you want to play them there.

For Terry: [c:334,u:65084]

#831494 - Sun Oct 14 2012 01:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
rustic_les Offline
Participant

It would appear that the minimum credits required to attempt 10 in one day is 115. I tried today after starting out with 114. I cleared the first nine only to discover to my absolute horror and chagrin that the tenth challenge was costing 27 credits. I had 26.
Lolbeans and roflburgers.

#831497 - Sun Oct 14 2012 02:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
Golfmom, unless you swap out the challenge, there'll be no way for you to complete it on the iPad.

Did you use the iPad when you first accessed challenges today? Terry said he has some code in there that if it detects a Flash-incompatible Apple device upon assigning challenges (which happens the first time you click the challenges link any given day), it would not give you any challenges requiring Flash.

If you used the iPad, there's probably an issue left with that code somewhere, otherwise just be sure to always retrieve your challenges on the iPad if you want to play them there.

For Terry: [c:334,u:65084]

I always play only on my iPad. I'm always logged in. I can't buy another challenge today as I have 2 unfinished challenges and have already used my switch out option. Oh well.

Thank you Wesley.

Edited by golfmom08 (Sun Oct 14 2012 02:34 PM)

#831498 - Sun Oct 14 2012 02:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
On my challenge today there was written, "Your nemesis for today is unassigned right now. Please try back later when more players are given this challenge so we can pair you up."

Does this mean I may not be able to complete this challenge? The day is more than halfway over (it's 2:39pm FT time). When will my nemesis be assigned?

#831499 - Sun Oct 14 2012 02:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Hopefully you'll get partnered with someone, but I read somewhere if you don't get assigned a nemesis, you will get credit for winning the challenge, probably in the FAQ.

EDIT: Yep, here from the FAQ:

Quote:
I just received Twin or Nemesis but have not yet been assigned a partner

Try back a little later to see if your partner has been assigned.

In the rare case that you never get paired up with anyone, you will receive credit for the challenge at midnight.

Edited by reeshy (Sun Oct 14 2012 02:49 PM)

#831500 - Sun Oct 14 2012 02:51 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
Taken from the Question and Answer section of the Daily Challenge:
" I just received Twin or Nemesis but have not yet been assigned a partner

Try back a little later to see if your partner has been assigned.

In the rare case that you never get paired up with anyone, you will receive credit for the challenge at midnight."

Hope this answers your question.

#831507 - Sun Oct 14 2012 03:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Les, it depends on which difficulty level you receive. If you get all easy challenges purchased, for instance, you need a lot more credits than 115. If you somehow manage epics every time, you need a lot less. ;-)

Page 31 of 92 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry