Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#831177 - Fri Oct 12 2012 11:31 PM Gold Member feature
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
While reading about gold membership, I recall one of the perks is that you can chose the length of a quiz to search for (5, 10, 15, 20, 25 questions). How do you accomplish this? I also seem to recall a discussion about this issue (possibly about whether it works or not) but I can't find the topic, if one exists.

Also, is there a way to sort quizzes by date they went on-line? For example, if I go to Sci/Tech index, currently there are 27 quizzes. Is there a feature to sort them by date they went on-line?

Edited by Buddy1 (Fri Oct 12 2012 11:32 PM)

#831231 - Sat Oct 13 2012 08:21 AM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I think the page where you can search length is defunct. I also am certain you cannot organize the list by date. Only on profiles.

#831240 - Sat Oct 13 2012 10:27 AM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: salami_swami]
guitargoddess Offline
Old Museum Relic

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
You can click on 'New' though, on any category's main page, and it'll give you a list of the most recent quizzes in that category (not sure how far it goes back)

#831265 - Sat Oct 13 2012 11:44 AM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: guitargoddess]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

It goes to the past 500, which has helped me a little but not as much as I would have liked.

#831299 - Sat Oct 13 2012 01:43 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
It goes quite a but further than that per category. You can see 17 pages of each category. It is more than 500 I believe?

#831313 - Sat Oct 13 2012 01:59 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: salami_swami]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Sounds like you're going for that badge(let) where you have to do quizzes from the same date but in different years... in which case you need to use some lateral thinking and look away from FT. I'm not going to tell you exactly what to do but it's not difficult if you search properly. smile

#831346 - Sat Oct 13 2012 03:16 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: flopsymopsy]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

salami_swami: I've checked each of the 20 categories, and only the most recent 500 are shown.

flopsymopsy: I already have the badgelet. smile In fact, using the "New Quiz" method, at least for quizzes in recent years, didn't even occur to me until after I already had the badgelet.

#831350 - Sat Oct 13 2012 03:25 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: flopsymopsy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
Sounds like you're going for that badge(let) where you have to do quizzes from the same date but in different years... in which case you need to use some lateral thinking and look away from FT. I'm not going to tell you exactly what to do but it's not difficult if you search properly. smile

I saw a thread recently somewhere in the chats that gave away the lateral thinking approach...didn't think that was fair, as it takes away some of the fun of figuring it out yourself. I used the outside-FT approach and completed in mini in about 15mins...

I only recently discovered using "New Quiz" in the categories too! Salami mentioned something about having played all the Animals category quizzes, and I thought I'd give it a shot. Got a TON of quizzes done by using "New Quiz" instead of going through all the sub-cats looking for them smile

#831375 - Sat Oct 13 2012 05:10 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: kaddarsgirl]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Another thing I want to know is if there is a way to see how many quizzes in each category you have played.
I seem to recall there being a lot of things with quizzes gold members could do that non-gold members couldn't, but I can't see to find a list (I remember reading a list several times as a non-gold member).

#831378 - Sat Oct 13 2012 05:20 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

If you click on your screenname in the top right-hand corner of your screen, next to "logout", it takes you to http://www.funtrivia.com/mystuff.cfm . From there you can click on "My Stats & Ranks" which is located directly between "My Profile - Edit" and "Major Badge Chart". As a Gold Member there should be an option on the new page that shows up http://www.funtrivia.com/my_stats.cfm called "Detailed Breakdown". Clicking that link (http://www.funtrivia.com/goldstats.cfm) will take you to the Gold Member Statistics page which shows the main 20 categories, the total number of quizzes played in each category, the questions you got correct per category, the points scored per category, and your scoring percentage per category.

#831388 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:13 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: kaddarsgirl]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Or, if you have the pulldown menus enabled on the home page title bar go Me > My Stats and Ranks > (star)Detailed Breakdown.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#831390 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:20 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: mehaul]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

mehaul: I don't use pull-down menus; I never liked them.

kaddarsgirl: Thanks for that. I knew I saw that list somewhere; I just could never figure out how I got there or what exactly it showed until now.

#831392 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:26 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
I don't use pull-down menus; I never liked them.

Likewise. wink

Edited by kyleisalive (Sat Oct 13 2012 06:26 PM)

#831393 - Sat Oct 13 2012 06:27 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

No problem Buddy smile I look at it occasionally just for kicks, I knew I could get you there smile

#831401 - Sat Oct 13 2012 07:02 PM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: kaddarsgirl]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I always see a blank screen when I try that link for detailed breakdown. Never knew it had useful information that I was missing out on.

#831456 - Sun Oct 14 2012 05:39 AM Re: Gold Member feature [Re: Buddy1]
seadancer Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Buddy1
mehaul: I don't use pull-down menus; I never liked them. [...]

I have no problem with drop-down/pull-down menus.
I think they make it easier to find stuff.
However, they do take getting used to because sometimes they drop down when you don't want them to. smile
You have to watch where you hover. smile ---Sea

Moderator:  Terry