Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#831755 - Mon Oct 15 2012 03:30 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: satguru]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
One last shot of Shoreham... at various points along the river walk there were carved planks fixed to the railings, presumably for decorative purposes. So naturally I pointed my camera at a hole:

ClaraSue, that red sunset of yours was spectacular but the picture of the path down to the bridge was beautifully framed, I liked that a lot.

#831769 - Mon Oct 15 2012 04:21 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: flopsymopsy]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I haven't been near Shoreham for a while but hope you saw my photo of Northampton not long ago. I forgot you lived there till I just noticed it and have plenty more you can see on Flickr although I expect you can see them without looking on the internet...

UN IPCC

#831773 - Mon Oct 15 2012 04:41 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: satguru]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

You found something in Northampton to take a photo of? shocked

#831783 - Mon Oct 15 2012 05:05 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: flopsymopsy]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
The various country shows we go to all have craft marquees and some of them have some lovely works for sale, like this carving of intertwined whales

#831800 - Mon Oct 15 2012 07:22 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: flopsymopsy]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Originally Posted By: flopsymopsy
You found something in Northampton to take a photo of? shocked

I was pleased the Geograph project appeared as once I'd taken all the familiar sights and used up the ideas they just want photos representing Britain and Ireland. That meant every place I could get to got me more coverage on my personal map and worked my way around the compass points. As I started from scratch with digital as the old ones were few and far between I can now take whatever I see freely and get credit for each one. If nothing else they are a record of the day I took them, as a year or more ahead you can start seeing changes, especially when buildings go- I hardly ever remember what was there before when it happens locally.

UN IPCC

#831804 - Mon Oct 15 2012 08:05 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: satguru]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Satguru: it's obvious you're enjoying your new camera

ClaraSue: that's a GORGEOUS picture, makes me want to walk there

#831853 - Tue Oct 16 2012 01:51 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Jakeroo]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Lovely photos - your walk, CalraSue is beautiful.

That time of year here again - had our first snake in the yard yesterday and here is his skin he just came out of. You can make out the head closest to the camera.
*shudder*

#831856 - Tue Oct 16 2012 02:10 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Copago]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Great photo, you can even make out the eye. What sort of snake, do you know?
Do you just get rid of the skins or do your son and his friends collect them?

#831859 - Tue Oct 16 2012 02:47 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Christinap]
Copago Offline

It's currently hung up in the schoolroom lol
It's an eastern brown snake - I saw it crawling away. They are very poisonous but they will avoid people as much as they can and will only bite if threatened.
It's the first full skin I've ever found - they're usually all broken up but this one is really quite interesting (and creepy).

#831921 - Tue Oct 16 2012 08:01 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Copago]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
I took this photo last week at the Hong Kong Zoo/Botanical Gardens. Anyone know what it is?

#831955 - Tue Oct 16 2012 10:06 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: MotherGoose]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Flopsy, your "hole" photo is great! I like the way you centered the yacht through it. I didn't catch it at first...very sneaky. grin

This is Pompeys Pillar located 26 miles east of Billings, MT. On the face of this butte, Captain William Clark (of the famous Lewis and Clark Expedition), carved his name on his way back to the U.S. (Tomorrow I show the signature inthe rock). Originally named Pompeys Tower in honor of Sacagawea's son whom Cpt. Clark nicknamed "Pomp". There is a boardwalk/staircase leading up the backside of this butte which I climbed, much to the chagrin of my aching calves. grin

#831956 - Tue Oct 16 2012 10:09 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: MotherGoose]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             

Still pretty even in October. smile

#831986 - Tue Oct 16 2012 11:58 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: AlexxSchneider]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

ClaraSue: I know everyone is in awe of the Crazy Mountains, but that's quite the herd of Black Angus! (well, at least that's what they appear to be as they look sort of too dark to be bison).

Liz: that's a fabulous picture of Precious. I think you should enter it in a photo contest. It's neat how her green eyes pick up the blue.

ManteQ: lovely picture - and you've just reminded me that I need to pick up some pumpkins before all the ones with "handles" are gone : ) LOVE your turkey pic as well.

Flopsy: Canada Geese are actually quite good without the need for Thai spices lol. When my husband still hunted, we had one every year for Christmas. I, too, believe that they should be eaten and/or cooked and given away to the less fortunate who can't afford a $60 turkey. They are in NO danger of extinction lol.

Alexx: Okay, you took that one WITHOUT your glasses?? I think I might have to throw my camera in that river lol. Looks like a good spot for muskrats - any in there? I like your fall flowers picture too!

Daniel: Honestly? I'd never have guessed that was a boat. Looks like a plastic washtub I have in the camper lol!

Howie? You're a hoot. I find myself giggling at many of your postings (p.s. the pictures are good too).

Copago: it's NOT creepy - it's very cool! (but I'm not showing it to my mom - she found similar evidence that I had a pet snake that she didn't know about. Melissa DaHissa was disposed of in due course. Am surprised I'm alive today lol).

Mother Goose: That's a Glory Bower, or as some people call it, a White Bleeding Heart Vine. "Proper" name is Clerodendrum thomsoniae

#831989 - Tue Oct 16 2012 12:04 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: Jakeroo]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Oh yeah, I suppose I should post a picture of something lol. Our best friends decided we should do something we would NEVER do (ruling out anything that would get us in trouble, that is), so we went to the Gopher Hole Museum in Torrington Alberta. If you ignore the fact that it was a 2.5 hour drive there and back, it was the best $2.00 I've ever spent (granted, you had to be in "silly mode" to enjoy this at all lol) ...

#831997 - Tue Oct 16 2012 01:16 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: Jakeroo]
Copago Offline

haha - gave me a giggle laugh

Whatever it is, MG, it is lovely!

#832015 - Tue Oct 16 2012 03:01 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: Copago]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

When you've got to gopher you've got to gopher...

A typical Surrey road in Millbridge. Certainly good to have a camera which can cope with all variations in light and other difficult circumstances.

UN IPCC

#832051 - Tue Oct 16 2012 04:10 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: satguru]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Your new camera really is giving good results Satguru.

Some happy pigs

#832111 - Tue Oct 16 2012 07:45 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: Christinap]
Copago Offline

They look as happy as a pig in .. well, mud. wink

Jinx (the Dog) went out of the yard this morning and came home with a lamb :?
Not sure what happened but she was very excited about it all. So the lamb can stay - she looks like she might have lost her Mum a while back and seems quite happy to stay and hang out with the dog. We have her tied up just for a few days for the lamb (called Lucy but that might change lol) to settle in.

#832116 - Tue Oct 16 2012 08:26 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: Copago]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Clever Jinx! Lucky Lucy Lamb! smile (Great photo!)

This bunny in my friend's shop appears to have acquired some bling...

#832156 - Wed Oct 17 2012 01:02 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: spanishliz]
Howie72 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Timaru NZ
Following the HMS Belfast, we came across another of the famous boats in old London Town. A full size replica of the Golden Hinde which Sir Francis Drake circumnavigated the world in 1577 – 1580.

#832170 - Wed Oct 17 2012 02:34 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Howie72]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Clever Jinx. All Susie ever brings home is sticks!

#832178 - Wed Oct 17 2012 06:19 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: Christinap]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Aww! Look at her little knees! What a sweetie. Clever Jinx indeed!

#832183 - Wed Oct 17 2012 07:14 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: ren33]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

I once had a cat who brought back a lamb chop, she clearly had no idea how to get a live one through the catflap. One time she rescued a loaf of bread but that died on the doorstep, she just couldn't drag it through the flap. Her brother had more sense, he fetched a cheese sandwich which got into the kitchen quite easily... even if the grated cheese jumped out everywhere it could. All over the floor, the work surface, you name it, the cheese got in there and wouldn't come out. grin

Bunnies like bling, send me some!

#832199 - Wed Oct 17 2012 09:41 AM Re: Hello October! [Re: flopsymopsy]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Ooh, pigs in mud! I raised a few pigs in my lifetime; I can almost smell them from here grin.

AT least Jinx is bringing you back something cute. All Alex ever brings back is mud and stickers!

Great boat, Howie!

Yesterday I posted a pic of Pompeys Pillar. Here is the signature of Capt. William Clark he engraved in the side of the butte on July 25, 1806. It has been covered to protect it from vandals. Underneath and all around his signature are writings and signatures of other people who wanted to leave their mark in the soft stone. Now there are cameras and warnings of prosecution if anybody is caught marking it.

#832262 - Wed Oct 17 2012 01:53 PM Re: Hello October! [Re: ClaraSue]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Yet you still managed to add your name - don't think I can't see that on the left, it's shaky but it definitely says somethingSUE. wink

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33