Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 80 of 92 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 91 92 >
Topic Options
#988996 - Sun Jun 16 2013 08:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
daver852 Offline
Participant

Loc: Illinois USA  
Sorry - I didn't see the note that says it completes at midnight; all the others post as soon as they are completed. As Roseanne Rosannadanna says: "Never mind."

#989023 - Mon Jun 17 2013 04:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
woodstockwanda Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: MOTHER EARTH
just did quiz that starts with A and got no credit for it
called anaastasia

#989025 - Mon Jun 17 2013 04:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

Loc: Germany
The title starts with a quote character, not the letter A. You need to play one that actually has the letter in the first position.

#989076 - Mon Jun 17 2013 07:53 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: South Africa
Started off this morning in the Daily Challenge with 186 difficult completed. Have just completed another one "Take 16 of the following quizzes, scoring at least 7 correct in each." and completed it but my total hasn't changed.

Any idea why?

Many thanks

Carol

#989440 - Wed Jun 19 2013 02:43 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

Yoo Hoo anybody out there .....

#989444 - Wed Jun 19 2013 03:59 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

I'm sorry, but there's no real way to check or reproduce this. I could see that you had 186 difficult challenges complete after finishing the one you mentioned yesterday, but I can't look into the past to see what this particular variable was before. Do you know whether you got the 3 credits for the challenge?

#989445 - Wed Jun 19 2013 04:36 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
playmate1111 Offline
Forum Adept

HI Wes, yes I did get the credits. It was only the number of challenges that didn't change. Oh well.... not a big deal, just wondered. Thanks anyway.

Carol

#989456 - Wed Jun 19 2013 05:27 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

I couldn't imagine any technical reason to have caused the query that marks your challenge complete to half succeed - if the credits have updated, your count should have updated as well. It'll remain an unsolved mystery - sorry.

#989478 - Wed Jun 19 2013 08:04 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Barbarini Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta Canada
Wes, I had this challenge today.

Play the Easy Game and score 10/10 within 18.0 seconds.

You may wish to re-jig those challenges slightly as the days of regularly achieving an 18 second score in an easy game is becoming a distant memory. Those figures relate to my scores pre-question set changes so perhaps a little leeway going forward would be a good thing.

Thanks Wes.

#989493 - Wed Jun 19 2013 09:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

No need to do anything from our side - it will self-adjust. The challenge looks at your average scores for the last 14 days, so the more you play, the quicker it will adapt.

#989793 - Thu Jun 20 2013 09:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
So it is half past nine FT Time, and I have just bought a challenge, and it is a Twin Challenge, and I'm wondering since it is so late in the evening that it may happen that I won't be assigned one. Will I then lose my credits?

#989794 - Thu Jun 20 2013 09:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
That's the risk you take when you buy a challenge late in the day.

#989801 - Thu Jun 20 2013 10:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
"In the rare case that you never get paired up with anyone, you will receive credit for the challenge at midnight."

#991661 - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
HairyBear Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA
Easy challenge: Score at least 5/10 in any International Hourly game. I'd already played all four this hour and scored 5/10 or better in three of them, but no credit. Do I have to actually look at the challenge page first to get credit?

Similarly, not part of the challenge thing but the badges, I played at least 24 hourly quizzes before getting 10/10 in one, but then it told me my count for the 24 quizzes for the badge just STARTED. What kind of a deal is that?

Finally, why did the number of pages in the thread change when I signed in? Are there magical posts that only show up when someone is signed in? That's totally bizarre.

#991942 - Wed Jun 26 2013 01:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: HairyBear]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Originally Posted By: HairyBear
Easy challenge: Score at least 5/10 in any International Hourly game. I'd already played all four this hour and scored 5/10 or better in three of them, but no credit. Do I have to actually look at the challenge page first to get credit?

That has confused me before. I think you need to wait for the top of the hour for the completion check mark.

#991952 - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:02 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I don't understand it either. I once had the 7/10 in all four games in the same hour as a challenge... Over the course of 5 or 6 hours, I had received a total of 3 7/10 scores, over 3 different hours. The next hour, it was checked off.

I probably should have mentioned that before, as I have now just determined. Hmph, sorry about that.

As for the number of pages in the thread, when you aren't logged in, it shows the standard number of posts on each page, which is something along the lines of 20. You can change this as a setting once you're logged in, so you must have a different number of posts a page displaying.

#991980 - Wed Jun 26 2013 02:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Barbarini Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
No need to do anything from our side - it will self-adjust. The challenge looks at your average scores for the last 14 days, so the more you play, the quicker it will adapt.

Thanks Wes!

#992015 - Wed Jun 26 2013 03:46 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
You don't need to wait until the top of the hour. My check marks for the International Hourly Game always come as soon as I complete the challenge.

#995788 - Wed Jul 10 2013 12:09 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
rckmlmn Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: WASHINGTON
Yesterday I had the 'difficult challenge' of winning a badge or mini-badge. I fulfilled the requirements for the 'New Question Rater Challenge Mini Badge', however due to the delay of the mini-badge being awarded my daily challenge was unfulfilled. Any thoughts?

#995814 - Wed Jul 10 2013 03:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: rckmlmn]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: rckmlmn
Yesterday I had the 'difficult challenge' of winning a badge or mini-badge. I fulfilled the requirements for the 'New Question Rater Challenge Mini Badge', however due to the delay of the mini-badge being awarded my daily challenge was unfulfilled. Any thoughts?

I received that challenge in testing, and qualified for the Mind Melt badge that day. However, the badge is not actually awarded until the first few minutes of the next day. As Terry explained it to me then, there's nothing really to be done about it. Some games' badges and badgelets are awarded the next day, so that all scores can be accounted for from the previous day, and all Daily Challenges finish exactly at midnight, so anythig earned-but-not-awarded that day don't count for the challenge. It kind of stinks, but that's really how it goes. Eventually you will reach a level where you no longer get that challenge, and it won't be a waste. Congrats on the mini! even if you didn't get the 3 DC credits smile

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Jul 10 2013 05:27 PM)

#995834 - Wed Jul 10 2013 05:14 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I think there are a few badges and/or badgelets that are awarded immediately - the other day I had one awarded in the middle of the day when I completed a task in Ascension Quest. Unless I was hallucinating - I did have a head cold at the time, and some things were pretty blurry. smile

#995836 - Wed Jul 10 2013 05:27 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
I think there are a few badges and/or badgelets that are awarded immediately - the other day I had one awarded in the middle of the day when I completed a task in Ascension Quest. Unless I was hallucinating - I did have a head cold at the time, and some things were pretty blurry. smile

You're correct, looney. I meant "some badges and badgelets". Will edit original post above to remove confusion.

Edited by kaddarsgirl (Wed Jul 10 2013 05:28 PM)

#995842 - Wed Jul 10 2013 06:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Looney: Whether you got the badge/let or not, I want whatever "cold remedies" you were on (giggles).

#995845 - Wed Jul 10 2013 08:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Actually, the feeling of unreality was associated with the fact that I didn't have any appropriate medication in the house, and felt too groggy to go out and get some. So they day was spent doing Funtrivia stuff, falling asleep, waking up and drinking a couple of glasses of water, and back to the start of the loop. Felt much better the next day!

#996013 - Thu Jul 11 2013 12:46 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Water? I prefer the Russian version to fight off a cold.

Edited by JanIQ (Thu Jul 11 2013 12:46 PM)

Page 80 of 92 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 91 92 >

Moderator:  Terry