Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 35 of 93 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#832484 - Thu Oct 18 2012 07:19 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
The way I read it there are several challenges you can't swap out Nemesis being one of them.

I may be wrong

#832491 - Thu Oct 18 2012 08:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pmarney]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
I was really referring to the challenges you get when you spend credits. I can understand if the initial challenge is one that is a 24 hour challenge, I was just wondering if any of those you use credits on are like that? It is why I hope to do it at the weekend because those days are free for me and I realise it dould me doing a lot of quizzes. I also expect there maybe one or more Epic challenges that pop up and as I haven't bought any challenges yet I haven't a clue as to what they may involve, hence the reason for doing the Challenge when I have plenty of time to do whatever is thrown at me. I will not be at all surpirsed if I see a kitchen sink headed my way. lol

#832497 - Thu Oct 18 2012 08:20 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
When you purchase a new one it does not get rid of the old one it is an extra one to do and it could be a 24 hours one or at least result not known to end of FT day. If you end up with 2 challenges unfinished (i.e. results not done till end of day) I don't think you can but any more while you have 2 or more uncompleted, again I may be totally wrong, but that's the way I read it.

It's the luck of the draw I think

Yes and here it comes a large Kitchen Sink

#832505 - Thu Oct 18 2012 08:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pmarney]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Ah yes! That would be A Belfast sink. As it flys past me.

#832506 - Thu Oct 18 2012 09:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
You may purchase a challenge only if you have one or fewer challenges left to complete in the day. When you purchase the challenge, it could be ANY challenge. If you happen to have a challenge that will not end until midnight, and you purchase a challenge that also does not end until midnight, that means you have two incomplete challenges, and cannot purchase any more challenges. In that case, tough luck. wink

#832515 - Thu Oct 18 2012 09:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Thanks salami for clearing that up. I'm going to have to prepare some tactics for the Ten in a Day badge then.

#832520 - Thu Oct 18 2012 10:18 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: Starlord
I haven't bought any challenges yet I haven't a clue as to what they may involve

I was under the impression that (excluding epics and forgetting about difficulty levels), challenges gained from swaps/purchases are chosen from exactly the same list as the ones you get at the start of the day. I've definitely gained a challenge from a swap that I had previously got normally.

~(_8(I)

#832522 - Thu Oct 18 2012 10:31 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: AdamM7]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: AdamM7
Originally Posted By: Starlord
I haven't bought any challenges yet I haven't a clue as to what they may involve

I was under the impression that (excluding epics and forgetting about difficulty levels), challenges gained from swaps/purchases are chosen from exactly the same list as the ones you get at the start of the day. I've definitely gained a challenge from a swap that I had previously got normally.

I think Starlord means that he doesn't know what to expect for Epic Challenges, since he hasn't seen any of those because he has yet to purchase any challenges (he's be hoarding credits).

#832541 - Thu Oct 18 2012 11:13 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pmarney]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pmarney
This is not a Bug as such, but I thought I would mention it.

Normally I am on FT most days, but occasionally (well a bit more often than occasionally) I go on Holiday or away for a weekend.

For example this weekend away Friday to Monday and won't be on FT at all whilst away, will be on first thing Friday and possibly last thing Monday but Saturday and Sunday will be a nil points day

If I get matched in a Challenge to match other players score whilst away it means the person I have been put against suffers for me being missing as well as both have to score at least 500 points for challenge to be won.

Obviously not an issue with Nemesis or Expert challenge as other player would win, but in the score equalling challenge it would affect the outcome or am I missing something?

You don't get challenges issued for you if you're not here.

#832546 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:15 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Congrats to Chavs on winning the first badgelet for this that I did not know even existed. laugh

#832548 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:28 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Ha! Is that the mystery one which Terry and Wes refused to let us test? Or is there yet another...

Well done Chavs. smile

#832550 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Looks to me like there's a strong possibility of version II's for all the Epics...with stricter requirements...

The mini looks really cool with double flags on it.

Great job Chavs!

#832551 - Thu Oct 18 2012 12:32 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

I am guessing you're right, Flopsy, this has GOT to have something to do with Wes' big secret. And I already have my guesses as to how to complete said extra something.

#832564 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Starlord]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Stoke on Trent StaffordshireUK
Play a new quiz within 20 minutes of it coming online.....it's been hours and hours since one has been on....this challenge is ridiculous.

#832565 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracie3]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
One went online 32 minutes ago according to the homepage.

#832567 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: spanishliz]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Stoke on Trent StaffordshireUK
Ive been clicking on the buzz ...I

#832568 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:47 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracie3]
WorldB Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Long Island New York USA      
Today's Challenge: Score at least 30 questions correct in today's Mind Melt - using any mode.

Is there a secret method to get more than 30 questions in this daily game?

#832569 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:48 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracie3]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

"Ready to take a tour of our categories? Score at least 8 questions correct in any quiz in 11 different categories (Animals, Brain Teasers, Geography, etc). You may replay quizzes not taken in the past 30 days."

I really like that this tracks all the quizzes I've played today with their categories and my scores AND that there is a separate tracker for completed categories that count toward the challenge total. Nice.

#832570 - Thu Oct 18 2012 01:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WorldB]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: WorldB
Today's Challenge: Score at least 30 questions correct in today's Mind Melt - using any mode.

Is there a secret method to get more than 30 questions in this daily game?

This has been asked many times before in this thread. The answer is always the same. Though the goal number changes, ranging from 14 or so up to 30, the text always remains the same. It only looks funny if your goal is the max number.

#832574 - Thu Oct 18 2012 02:03 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: kaddarsgirl]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I've only been issued two challenges today... where's my Medium?!

#832575 - Thu Oct 18 2012 02:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: guitargoddess]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Originally Posted By: guitargoddess
where's my Medium?!

Searching the Crystal Ball for the right word. wink

#832625 - Thu Oct 18 2012 03:33 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
lol smile

Ok I have a Medium challenge now! Not sure what happened there. (But I really truly didn't have one there for awhile, I checked and checked!)

#832631 - Thu Oct 18 2012 04:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: guitargoddess]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I just grabbed mine and have a medium... but neither an easy nor a difficult.

#832644 - Thu Oct 18 2012 07:20 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Mine were all fine today.
And gracie, I've had that "play a quiz within 20 minutes" thing twice now and managed it both times (although on one I had to wait until past bedtime because I had missed the few that came online while I was at work). Don't despair!

Oh and somewhere up there someone said you couldn't purchase something unless you had at least one challenge not completed (or failed). I'm fairly certain I've purchased a challenge even though I had completed all the first ones given to me that day. Is THAT a bug? Should someone take one of my challenges away? (I don't really care if they do, but am curious now).

Edited by Jakeroo (Thu Oct 18 2012 08:45 PM)

#832652 - Thu Oct 18 2012 08:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Jakeroo]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
Oh and somewhere up there someone said you couldn't purchase something unless you had at least one challenge not completed (or failed). I'm fairly certain I've purchased a challenge even though I had completed all the first ones given to me that day. Is THAT a bug? Should someone take one of my challenges away? (I don't really care if they do, but am curious now).

It's the other way around. You can't purchase a new one if you have more than one still Incomplete. So if you have two that won't be scored until midnight, you can't buy any more.

Page 35 of 93 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry