Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#832755 - Fri Oct 19 2012 09:12 AM Watch me online again
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
There is an old thread with a couple of my TV clips but can't find it so will start a new one, Ten Ways to be abducted by aliens, my first speaking part on TV, is now showing most of my scene online here on Science Channel.

Ten Ways

You can see the room and computer I am using right now as well.

UN IPCC

#1001216 - Wed Aug 07 2013 08:05 PM Re: Watch me online again [Re: satguru]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Just a 'good news'/ 'bad news' story, a couple of months ago I went swimming and they were filming for Channel 4, but the staff didn't know the details so left it a while and called them. They didn't even know the name of the programme, only the two presenters, and it took me a totally random search on Facebook for one of their names today to find it as C4 and the like raised not a squeak on any search variations so was none the wiser.

I discovered it was a three part series shown in July, but all online for at least another week, and had to sit through maybe half an hour of ads in total (they show them over the programme so you can't fast forward) to discover a scene which took an entire afternoon to film (I was there from around 4-5.30 and they seemed to have been around for a while and were still going strong when I left) appears to have been compressed to a total of 9 seconds. Initially I thought it was a trailer for after the ads but that was the entire scene cut down from a few hours of both filming and dialogue, ending up as a silent flurry of millisecond long images most people would miss altogether.

I cannot for the life of me understand how they could send a crew of director, presenter and cameraman to spend half a day on location for a scene very few people could even register unless they were running on a different time continuum. So all I can say about it was I was there and saw probably the entire set of images I needed to freeze to see but wasn't caught in the background somehow...

UN IPCC

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong