Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#833801 - Wed Oct 24 2012 04:51 AM Guillen versus the Unemployment Statistics
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
A previous thread was about the incident of Ozzie Guillen and his Miami troubles. Seems the troubles are now in the past.
The story has twisted itself today with Ozzie Guillen's dismissal as the Florida Marlins' Manager. The team bought out three years of his remaining contract to let him go. That's a lot of green/pink slip to get in your pay envelope. The man, despite a dismal final record, did lead the team to one of baseball's best ever month records (which meant nothing in the long run). I took it to show he knew how to lead a team despite the turmoil outside the park (see Castro and the Pope thread above). He did lose the team's best bat (Stanton) for over a month with a broken bone and had to struggle after the team traded its franchise player (Ramirez) at around the half way mark. And the game closing pitcher they had invested heavily in turned out to be a rag arm. I thought he'd done well. At least better than the Pope would have, maybe not as well as Castro might have though. Boy, that man's dark cloud sure has a silver lining!

Edit: to remove link to the other thread.

Edited by mehaul (Wed Oct 24 2012 08:30 PM)

#833839 - Wed Oct 24 2012 10:56 AM Re: Guillen versus the Unemployment Statistics [Re: mehaul]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
If this is going to turn into a two person arguement again then it too will be closed.

#833906 - Wed Oct 24 2012 03:40 PM Re: Guillen versus the Unemployment Statistics [Re: sue943]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Since when has it been acceptable to post links to threads that are locked? I would not call this acceptable behaviour to Admin.
If a thread is locked , it is not polite to restart it, I would say.

#833984 - Wed Oct 24 2012 07:36 PM Re: Guillen versus the Unemployment Statistics [Re: ren33]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
The link was not intended to re-open an argument. I made the link only to reference the prior troubles/history of Ozzie Guillen in Miami as mentioned on the threads. That last thread wasn't an argument but a two party discussion and that was why it was closed. The two of us weren't in disagreement on anything there so calling it an argument is wrong.
If it's okay with you Sue, I will edit out the link and write my post around it.

Edit: I will remove the link in any case if it is felt to be an etiquette violation in the least bit by any member.

Edited by mehaul (Wed Oct 24 2012 08:25 PM)

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943