Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#576408 - Tue Dec 14 2010 02:37 AM Father attacks daughter's boyfriend
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Warning: adult content. SMH website

Out of all the things that made me go "eewwww" in that story the bit about it being a bread knife got the biggest reation. shocked

#576415 - Tue Dec 14 2010 03:49 AM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands     ...
I wonder if he gave the guy a warning as in stay away from my daughter or else...

#576426 - Tue Dec 14 2010 06:07 AM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: sue943]
dg_dave Online   sleepy
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
It's a male Lorena Bobbitt!

#576446 - Tue Dec 14 2010 08:12 AM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: dg_dave]
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I like his way of thinking, although I hope he also punished his daughter for a lack of common sense. You're right Sue, everyone needs one warning so perhaprs he was a bit premature.

#578361 - Sat Dec 18 2010 11:45 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: Copago]
Humanist Offline
Participant

Loc: South Hadley Massachusetts USA...
Where do I find the original article on this?

Chevy

#578383 - Sun Dec 19 2010 02:40 AM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: Humanist]
supersal1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Essex UK
Rayven, which bit of her do you think he should have removed?

Sure, perfectly logical. You receive an anonymous 'phone call that your daughter is engaged in a legal activity that you disapprove of, then go out an maim them. I can't believe anyone is all right with this, whether warnings were given or not.

#578976 - Tue Dec 21 2010 02:12 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: supersal1]
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I don't think she should have had anything removed, but since the police wouldn't assist in any way a parent does what they feel they must to protect their children don't you agree? I will admit this is a bit extreme but I also bet it made an impression that will be remembered.

#581296 - Thu Dec 30 2010 01:17 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: rayven80]
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yikes shocked! While I think I can understand this father's frustration/anger, I surely hope this means of dealing with such fiery emotions doesn't become "trendsetting". A society running crazy with even more 'vigilantes' is probably not such a good idea?

#834661 - Sat Oct 27 2012 01:48 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: Gatsby722]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
My male friend would probably approve, based on comments he’s made to me in the past (I’m taking a wide interpretation, as the subject we were discussing was domestic violence. I remember him telling me one time that if he ever became president, he’d “bring back corporal punishment.” He also said that all rapists deserved to have their genitals removed.)

Somewhat unrelated, but still an extreme reaction (which is why I mentilon it here) is the story of my mother’s ex-boyfriend’s children The boy, at 17 (this was last year), was embracing a lifestyle that his father (a) didn’t approve of, and (b) that he refused to accept, publicly or privately (the son is gay).
Initially, he did things to try and force his son to change. When that didn’t work, he kicked him out of the house (it should be noted that the father would often complain about having to care for both kids, and he couldn’t wait until they turned 18 so they could move out. Of course, he didn’t seem to realize that, legally, he couldn’t kick the children out yet as they were still in school—the son’s birthday being in August, whereas his sister’s is in September. That didn’t stop the dad from throwing his son out last April or May, which led to the whole family going to court. End result? The son moved in with friends, the 16-year-old sister moved in with her mother until summer’s end, when she came back up here for her junior year. The brother, still with his friend’s family, is a senior.)
Fast forward to this month: The father, Edy, has always been somewhat fanatical about his daughter not dating. However, like most teenagers, she’s convinced she’s “in love” with this boy. Due to her father’s extreme reactions, she began “secretly dating.” (Some background needs to be noted here: sometime last year, Edy got married to Stacey because she was pregnant with his child, Evelyn. Let’s forget, for the moment, that I don’t think this guy should have had kids in the first place—or that anyone who begins a relationship with him should turn and run before it’s too late. Also forget the fact that, in a fit of anger the one time, he threw Stacey out of the house after she “disrespected” him.)
On the night in question, Elysha, the 17-year-old daughter, was left to care for baby Evelyn. (It is here that the teen makes an unfortunate decision: to invite her “secret boyfriend” over.) Apparently, the two teens were tired, and fell asleep on her bed.
When Edy came home and walked in to find them like that, he (unsurprisingly) flew into a rage. He threw Elysha out, and threatened the boyfriend with a lawsuit (he also told her he was going to call her mother, and that the two would agree to put her in an orphanage).

#834677 - Sat Oct 27 2012 04:16 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: rayven80]
gracious1 Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: rayven80
I like his way of thinking, although I hope he also punished his daughter for a lack of common sense. You're right Sue, everyone needs one warning so perhaprs he was a bit premature.

I don't agree that he should have punished his 17-year-old daughter. It won't work. I remember 17 -- when you're 17, boy or girl, you don't really have common sense.

Also, it's like blaming the victim. Remember that the one who should have known better was the middle-aged man.

And I do think it's terrible that there was nothing legal that could be done for her. Seventeen is too young to consider someone an adult. Young girls that age get preyed on all the time.

Edited by gracious1 (Sat Oct 27 2012 04:19 PM)

#834691 - Sat Oct 27 2012 06:11 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: gracious1]
jabb5076 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia USA
What I'm trying to figure out is why he took the testicles with him? To hang from his rear view mirror like fuzzy dice? For Rocky Mountain Oysters, or what?

#834695 - Sat Oct 27 2012 06:23 PM Re: Father attacks daughter's boyfriend [Re: jabb5076]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
A sort of sick trophy?

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943