Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#835873 - Thu Nov 01 2012 09:28 AM Oops... I Overslept
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I was roused from sleep by the phone and, as my fingers scrambled to open it, thhe thing went to voice-mail. At first, I thought I’d accidentally hung up on the person—I like to say that my phone is possessed because, if I don’t hold it right or open it right, it falls shut.

So I pressed “send” to redial the number that had just called me. Turns out, it was the office administrator—and she’d just left me a message. She wanted to know if I had a recent letter from Social Security, as she’s working on my annual recertification. Only being semi-awake, I told her I’d have to get back to her.

I immediately got up, as I don't like to sleep past a certain point. To be fair, though, it actually worked today--I stayed up late completing a challenge, and feel quite rested now.

Within the next half hour, I intend to call her back.

#835961 - Thu Nov 01 2012 03:04 PM Re: Oops... I Overslept [Re: Jazmee27]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
When I called and told her she could come up, she let me know she had some packages for me. Also, I figured that, since she was coming up anyway, she could help me write the rent check.

There was a box and an envelope containing 'Stone Soup' and 'National Geographic.'

All in all, a good day smile

Moderator:  ren33, sue943