Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#836421 - Sat Nov 03 2012 04:26 PM Change numbers on quiz template?
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
I'm sure this has been brought up before in the forum, but as nothing came of it and I haven't been able to find it, I thought to make a new thread.

In the quiz template, would it be possible to have a box where you could enter numbers at each question in order to easily change the order that they appear in the template and quiz? It's a bit of a pain with the current layout to change them around. It's not vital, as it's not really that difficult to change them around (or order them outwith the template before pasting them in), but if it's easily done, it would be highly convenient. smile

Edited by reeshy (Sat Nov 03 2012 04:26 PM)

#836431 - Sat Nov 03 2012 05:25 PM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: reeshy]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
I would appreciate this functionality too, if it isn't too hard to implement.

Sue

#836434 - Sat Nov 03 2012 06:47 PM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: shuehorn]
WesleyCrusher Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Germany
I surely would appreciate this one as well. I've all to often started a lot of copying and pasting when I found a better order for my questions

#836448 - Sat Nov 03 2012 07:28 PM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: WesleyCrusher]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
That's why I prefer to write them completely in Word, where it's easy to change the order to my satisfaction before copying them into a template.

#836470 - Sat Nov 03 2012 09:33 PM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: looney_tunes]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
I'd like this a lot, too. I generally write in the template because I can gauge the length of II and such...and for some reason I'm more motivated to write when staring at a template than a blank Word document...

#836550 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:28 AM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: Mariamir]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

While we're at it, is it possible for some sort of instant save be added? I generally do all my work in one go, but just accidently closed my window, losing several paragraphs of Interesting Info just when I'm trying to finish the stupid thing at past midnight... cry

#836563 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:46 AM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: Mariamir]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
While we're at it, is it possible for some sort of instant save be added? I generally do all my work in one go, but just accidently closed my window, losing several paragraphs of Interesting Info just when I'm trying to finish the stupid thing at past midnight...

Save after every. single. question. wink
I learned that lesson years ago.

#836568 - Sun Nov 04 2012 10:50 AM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: kyleisalive]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Originally Posted By: kyleisalive

Working on that. grin When I remember to...

#836579 - Sun Nov 04 2012 11:11 AM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: Mariamir]
Matthew_07 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Malaysia
I love this feature as well. Perhaps the similar code that has been written for the Gold Member Favorites Setup can be used for this purpose, if that's possible and easy to be done. smile

http://www.funtrivia.com/gold/favedit.cfm

"Change the numbers on the left to change the order on the toolbar. Items are displayed left to right from smallest to highest number.
To delete an entry, enter 0 as the number, and click save."

#836587 - Sun Nov 04 2012 11:56 AM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: kyleisalive]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Originally Posted By: kyleisalive

I'm a frantic saver - after I write each question, after I put in the answer options, after I write the info. I'm the same when I type up my novel even though I write it by hand first!

#836593 - Sun Nov 04 2012 12:44 PM Re: Change numbers on quiz template? [Re: reeshy]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
I know how you feel Marissa. I save after every question too, except when I forget to do it. frown

Moderator:  agony, gtho4