Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#838038 - Sat Nov 10 2012 09:19 PM Submitting two quizzes at once
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Hi,

Is it frowned upon for an author to submit two templates at the same time? I found out I could submit two a long time ago, but have only done it a few times as I don't often have two ready to go at the same time!

I had had two submitted for a few days, one in General and one in Humanities. My General quiz came back with a correction, so I resubmitted, but the Humanities one now says "Offline" and seems to have been removed from the queue. Does this have anything to do with the correction note for the General quiz, or has an editor taken it out of the queue?

I apologize if this is not the right place to post - I would have written to one of the Humanities editors but I don't know if it's on their part. If someone who knows what's happened wishes to reply by PM, either here or on the main site, that's o.k.

Thank you.

#838041 - Sat Nov 10 2012 10:13 PM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: reeshy]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Never mind - I just clicked in to see if anything was written on the template at the top, and an editor is editing the quiz! So that seems to solve the problem - is it the case that it says "Offline" when an editor is looking at it, rather than "Submitted"? That would make sense, I guess!

Forgive me my silly moment. smile

#838057 - Sat Nov 10 2012 11:35 PM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: reeshy]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
By now, your Humanities quiz should have come back to you with a request to make one change. Let me know if it hasn't, as I sent the correction over an hour ago.

#838059 - Sun Nov 11 2012 12:06 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: looney_tunes]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

I went into the template and saw your correction note in there, and only then found it in the mailbox; curiously, even with the mailbox reading (1), the red letters didn't appear! I've sent the quiz back now, so hopefully all should go well with it from now on. Thanks!

#838063 - Sun Nov 11 2012 02:05 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: reeshy]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Is it frowned upon for an author to submit two templates at the same time?

To answer your question, no. Some categories would prefer only one at a time (in their respective categories, I mean) but you're free to use the perk.

#838081 - Sun Nov 11 2012 08:45 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: kyleisalive]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I can submit more than one, although it's rare that I need to, but on the occasions that I have used the privilege it's worked fine. I wouldn't submit more than one to the same category, though, as I understood that it wasn't allowed. In any event, it would be unusual for me to write in the same category twice in a row - I prefer the variety.

#838086 - Sun Nov 11 2012 09:15 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: rossian]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I didn't even know that was possible.

#838089 - Sun Nov 11 2012 09:52 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: Jazmee27]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Jazmee27
I didn't even know that was possible.

It is not possible for everyone. I was told by one of my editors that it is a privilege given to authors, by editors, when the author has proven they can consistently write well-written quizzes.

#838094 - Sun Nov 11 2012 10:32 AM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: kyleisalive]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: kyleisalive
To answer your question, no. Some categories would prefer only one at a time (in their respective categories, I mean) but you're free to use the perk.

Thank you for the reply. I had heard of only submitting to different categories, so I'll bear it in mind - then again, it's rare enough to have two ready at once, never mind in the same category! (Only in November! :P)

Edited by reeshy (Sun Nov 11 2012 10:34 AM)

#838140 - Sun Nov 11 2012 12:52 PM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: reeshy]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Usually I'll wait until approval of the first submitted quiz. When I use this faculty, I'll try and use it only for submissions to different categories.

#916808 - Mon Nov 12 2012 01:04 PM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: JanIQ]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I have the ability, but only use it when I go through quiz-writing streaks... November, for instance. wink It's a perk that some authors have, but those that do don't seem to use it much. It's a nice perk, but if you have the perk, quizzes are typically checked soon enough that you can never write quite fast enough to have two submitted at once (though it can be helpful if you have one quiz waiting for a particular editor who won't check for several days, long queue, etc, and you have a pressing commission quiz to do...)

But, like my counterparts here, I hardly ever use it anymore.

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#916883 - Mon Nov 12 2012 06:06 PM Re: Submitting two quizzes at once [Re: salami_swami]
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I can't even remember the last time I had two finished quizzes ready to go at once. I really admire all of you who are creative enough to be able to take advantage of this perk, whether or not you choose to do so.

I've finished a total of two quizzes this year so far. tongue

Editor for Movies, Literature and For Children

Moderator:  agony, gtho4