Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#661836 - Mon Oct 17 2011 06:12 PM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: lesley153]
flopsymopsy Offline

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Yes, well, at least she didn't say "when the woman with a voice like a squeaky frog phoned"... that would have been embarrassing! grin

#661864 - Mon Oct 17 2011 09:03 PM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: flopsymopsy]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Quote:
Is there a prize for getting it? Does the name begin with Larry - or was the question rhetorical?

Aha! I may not be the sharpest tack in the drawer, but I got that one right! laugh

#664447 - Sun Oct 30 2011 01:04 PM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: lesley153]
mountaingoat Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Mountains NSW Australia
I used to work in a book shop and was constantly walking past a book called "Die Kinder." I thought it was a strange name for the latest in the "Die Harder" book and movie series. I then realised I was in the language section and it was German for "The Children".

#668130 - Tue Nov 15 2011 09:38 AM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: mountaingoat]
C30 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Lancashire England UK         
Names will not be mentioned to avoid litigation!

However, way back when, quite often when he left work a workmate was met by a lady in a car. We all presumed this lady was his wife.

One evening, I was just about to leave the office, when a phone rang........I answered it (foolishly). Lady on phone said, "May I speak to L"? "Sorry, but he left with his wife 10 minutes ago", I answered.
"I am his wife", said the voice. Floor swallow me up please!

Story has morale.........well a couple really, firstly one should not presume things and secondly, if it is not your phone ringing, leave the darn thing to ring!

#668132 - Tue Nov 15 2011 10:16 AM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: C30]
flopsymopsy Offline

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I had a "Die Kinder" moment when talking to a friend about the pop group, INXS. She's much younger than I am but I still had to hold her up when she collapsed in a heap from laughing. Well, how was I to know it wasn't pronounced "inks"? blush

Although I laughed myself when another friend was talking about the song lyric "If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me" - even when we told her it had a double meaning it took ages for her to realise what the other one was...

#668134 - Tue Nov 15 2011 11:10 AM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: flopsymopsy]
rossian Online   content

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Several years ago I helped a friend move house in Birmingham. To thank me, he took me to Edgbaston on the Sunday to watch a one day match between Warwickshire (the home side) and Worcestershire, which was near where I lived at the time. It was a strange match as Worcestershire didn't make many runs, about 130 from memory, and Warwickshire had got to 80 odd without losing a wicket. Suddenly, wickets started to fall and it got quite exciting. As yet another one fell, I jumped up and cheered - then remembered that I was sitting in the Warwickshire members' enclosure. OOPS. I was lucky not to get thrown out. When the match finished and Worcestershire won, one of the members said, in a very broad Brummie accent, 'well done, your team deserved to win'. He noticed, then!

#950349 - Mon Nov 19 2012 07:38 PM Re: Embarrassing moments [Re: flopsymopsy]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
A few months ago, I was getting ready for my mother to bring my grandmother over for a sleepover (I think this was the month she had no appointments. I figured I’d eat quick before she got there—so pulled out a can of soup—and promptly sliced through my finger, which was in the way of the lid as it went was pulled up [I stopped using a can opener the day that I had to rush to the doctor’s for a tetanus shot because I cut myself on the bent tin].

The worst part was, I didn’t even realize how bad the cut was until after I’d pulled my food out of the microwave and was eating—and happened to notice the wetness dripping from my hand. I then applied pressure with my napkin—and tried to clean up a mess under the microwave.

In sptite of my bwest efforts, there was a “crime-scene” waiting for my company! [I can laugh about it now, but I was extremely embarrassed then—so much so that I kept muttering “I wish I’d never opened that damned can” or “I wish I hadn’t eaten!”

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, sue943