Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 47 of 93 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#950334 - Mon Nov 19 2012 06:21 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: reeshy]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By: reeshy
Hopefully not giving anything away here. Could someone with the yellow Epic mini tell me what the small numbers are? I don't want to give any more information for those who don't know, so if you know, or need me to elaborate, please PM! I don't think it's too important, but I'm very curious!

I noticed those when I got it today they appear to just be each one numbered if you looked carefully there was a 1 and a 2 and a 3 etc. but they were not in any obvious order.

#950337 - Mon Nov 19 2012 06:30 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
That looks like some debug codes accidentally left in. You can ignore them.

#950338 - Mon Nov 19 2012 06:37 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Zealand
Thanks, I think the way the expert one works is okay.

Although in the past there was one occasion the "yesterdays challenge results" reported it incomplete it did not show the scores myself or my nemesis scored and when I had last looked sometime not long before midnight (funtrivia time) I was in the lead. It would have been nice to see what the scores that counted were.

Thanks for you time.

#950577 - Tue Nov 20 2012 06:40 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Dave42007]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
I purchased a challenge and it stated to play a quiz by this author, Sprink1234. Yet when I went to search for their quizzes I received this message:
"User not found."

#950578 - Tue Nov 20 2012 06:44 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
If you type the username into your profile, under your avatar where it says "Look up player", his profile appears with no problem.

#950579 - Tue Nov 20 2012 06:45 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

ty, I appreciate the information. I tried looking him up in the find section of the quizzes.

#950581 - Tue Nov 20 2012 06:50 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Emma058]
Emma058 Offline
Enthusiast

I tried that under my profile and received this:
User not found.
However, I googled him or her, and then I received the info.

#950623 - Wed Nov 21 2012 01:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: pyonir]
eyhung Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: California USA
For my medium challenge, I was asked to score 851 in the Obscurity game today, which I did by scoring 12 in 198 seconds. After solving my Medium and Easy, I bought another challenge, which asked me to score 12 or better in the Obscurity game in 280 seconds. This challenge was marked as incomplete, even though I have already done so that day. I think the system should mark the challenge as complete if the current game (which had not yet scored for the hour) qualifies.

#950782 - Wed Nov 21 2012 06:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: eyhung]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
I think I posted this question in the other "Daily Challenge" topic, I didn't see this one, and didn't want to create a new topic.

What I asked was: Why does many of the challenges require "Flash"? I am on a phone, it doesn't have Flash, I have tried to download it with no success (even tried a few minutes ago), all I can play is HTML; why can't that be an option?

I couldn't do the "Easy" challenge today because it required Flash. So, I used 9 credits to get a new challenge and it was an Epic but it too requires Flash. So, I wasted 9 credits.

Why can't HTML be an option?

-Nam

#950879 - Thu Nov 22 2012 05:46 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Nicott Offline
Learning the ropes...

I am not sure if I just don't understand but I have done 3 hobby quizzes on the Daily Challenge in Flash Mode but have not received any points. I clicked on the Hobbies choice in the Daily Challenge, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

#950917 - Thu Nov 22 2012 10:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Nicott]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Hi Nicott,

While we're waiting for someone with technical powers who might be able to answer you properly :), you could copy and paste your challenge to here, and say which quizzes you played, maybe one of us fellow players might spot what's happened.

#950921 - Thu Nov 22 2012 10:24 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Nammage]
CmdrK Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Nevada USA
Nam, the idea with the Quiz Mode is to make you earn a certain number of points. The other modes aren't set up to count that way and it would probably be impractical to try to reengineer them.

Edited to say that...well, I'm not sure what I was going to say. Is Quiz mode done in Flash also?

Edited by CmdrK (Thu Nov 22 2012 11:17 AM)

#950923 - Thu Nov 22 2012 10:38 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CmdrK]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
CmdrK beat me to it. But perhaps it's worth saying that some of the challenges specify what mode you have to use to complete the quiz - so if it says "in Quiz mode" then the Flash and HTML modes won't get you any points, if it says HTML mode then you have to use that one, etc. And maybe it's worth adding, Flash mode and Quiz mode are not the same - they may look the same when you're doing the quiz but they don't score in the same way.

#950968 - Thu Nov 22 2012 01:54 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: flopsymopsy]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Quiz Mode requires Flash.
Flash Mode (a/k/a Interactive) requires Flash.

Not sure why on the quiz pages Terry uses the nomenclature "Flash" quiz since both use Flash. When you make a quiz, the second "flash" mode is called "Interactive". It would be less confusing I think to use that designation on the quiz pages.

#951123 - Fri Nov 23 2012 07:01 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: gracious1]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
I think the least confusing wording might be "quiz mode timed/untimed" as that's the main difference that I can see.

On a separate note, I received this as a Medium challenge today:

Quote:
Play our Quick Quiz and bank at least 20 correct questions.
* Remember to convert your correct answers to points within the quick quiz game to get credit here!

I know difficulty differs within each challenge but I wonder if this one is more suitable as an Easy challenge?

There's no way to fail is there? There's no limit to how many questions you can get wrong after all. Just a thought.

Edited by Chavs (Fri Nov 23 2012 07:02 AM)

#951129 - Fri Nov 23 2012 08:03 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
CmdrK Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Nevada USA
My difficult challenge today is to bank 57 correct questions in Quick Quiz. It may be impossible to fail but I suspect I'll be a bit fatigued by the time I'm done. But there's nothing wrong with a less-difficult difficult challenge from time to time.

#951130 - Fri Nov 23 2012 08:08 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: CmdrK]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Getting 57 correct at a rate of 60% is like playing ten Mixed 10Q quizzes - many of the difficult challenges ask for more.

#951209 - Fri Nov 23 2012 07:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: WesleyCrusher]
AlexxSchneider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Perth Scotland UK             
That's true, but then there are easier and harder Difficult challenges, I find, anyway. They can't all be the same difficulty level, in the end. There are some challenges I find don't correspond exactly to their ascribed difficulty level, but then that's me, I guess.

#951497 - Sun Nov 25 2012 12:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Arkansas USA
I don't know if this is a "bug" or not, but I just went for a new challenge and got one that says:

"Time to be creative. Come up with 2 trivia questions to add to our pool in 2 different categories."

I'd be delighted to since I have a good 200 to add, but...I already have my five (5)in the queue. And yes, they are in 2 different categories. One can be deleted since the editor thought we should wait on that one. But even if that's done, that still leaves me with 4 questions in the queue and I can't put more than 5 in. THUS, I cannot do this Challenge, not because I can't or don't want to, but because THE QUEUE IS FULL,

That's really not fair. I've "spent" hard-fought for points and now, because I was good enough to complete 5 QQ, I can't complete my Challenge. And there's no way to get my points back, either.

If nothing else, the 5 questions I already have in the queue should be counted, or handled so I can get more questions in.

Lee

#951561 - Sun Nov 25 2012 04:38 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: habitsowner]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
You could always delete two, and keep one of them to submit again later.

#951562 - Sun Nov 25 2012 04:43 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: habitsowner]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
By 'in queue' do you mean awaiting editor review, awaiting fixes, or accepted and awaiting rating in the NQG, or, a combination of those statuses?

#951567 - Sun Nov 25 2012 05:27 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: looney_tunes]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Originally Posted By: looney_tunes

I'd love to. I don't know how to delete them, though. I thought I clicked on everything on that page and nothing seemed to say "delete question waiting..." or equivalent. When I tried to click on a single question thinking maybe a right click might allow me to do so, that didn't work, either.

Admittedly, I'm no techno-wiz, but I don't see a way to delete the questions that are waiting to be looked at by the editors.

Could you tell me how, please?

Lee

#951574 - Sun Nov 25 2012 05:57 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: habitsowner]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
By 'in queue' do you mean awaiting editor review, awaiting fixes, or accepted and awaiting rating in the NQG, or, a combination of those statuses?

Accepted and awaiting would have no bearing on the five total.

#951586 - Sun Nov 25 2012 06:31 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: habitsowner]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: habitsowner
Originally Posted By: looney_tunes

I'd love to. I don't know how to delete them, though. I thought I clicked on everything on that page and nothing seemed to say "delete question waiting..." or equivalent. When I tried to click on a single question thinking maybe a right click might allow me to do so, that didn't work, either.

Admittedly, I'm no techno-wiz, but I don't see a way to delete the questions that are waiting to be looked at by the editors.

Could you tell me how, please?

Lee

I don't know how to delete a question at any stage, as I have never tried. I thought you knew how to do it, since you suggested that you could delete one. Can you send corrections on them while they are in the queue? If so, you might try sending a correction asking that the question be deleted to free you up for another submission. But I don't know whether an editor would tend to the corrections queue any faster than the submitted queue, so it might not work, anyway. And you could find it getting deleted in two days' time, when it won't do you any good, anyway.

#951587 - Sun Nov 25 2012 06:34 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: mehaul]
habitsowner Offline
Forum Adept

Mehaul,

I'm sorry that I didn't see your message or I would have answered. The answer is that they are in the queue awaiting editor review. Edited: Actually, three are awating editor review, one is waiting editor approval after an addition, and the 5th one is waiting editor deletion until a later date. BUT, that still shows 5 in the queue. And no, I don't know which two editors are involved. One, yes, but I can't remember who the other one was. That being the case, I don't want to bother the one I know because deleting just one still wouldn't do the job. I need 2 of the bloody things gone.

That'll teach me to be so studious about making certain that I have five questions in almost all the time!!!

Edited by habitsowner (Sun Nov 25 2012 06:43 PM)

Page 47 of 93 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 92 93 >

Moderator:  Terry