Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#953246 - Sun Dec 02 2012 10:32 PM Airline leg room getting smaller.
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Just read this story in the Sydney Morning Herald. http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/trave...1203-2aq0p.html
I'm only short and don't fly very often at all so am not hugely affected but even I think I'm cramped. I do wonder how taller people, especially on long haul flights, get through them.
And it looks like it's getting worse!

#953280 - Mon Dec 03 2012 02:51 AM Re: Airline leg room getting smaller. [Re: Copago]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk England UK            
With difficulty

#953282 - Mon Dec 03 2012 03:47 AM Re: Airline leg room getting smaller. [Re: Copago]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
I am tall, and hate travelling now. I have done a couple of 8-hour flights with my knees stuck in my ears, and have had to ask travellers in the seat in front to not put their seat back, so as not to crush my patellas.

Charging premium for aisle seats is just not right.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#963499 - Sat Jan 26 2013 10:51 AM Re: Airline leg room getting smaller. [Re: ozzz2002]
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
I remember back in the 60s when I was a kid that United Airlines ran a TV ad where a miniskirted girl with long, shapely legs sat down in an airliner seat and couldn't move her legs. United then annouced they were giving more legroom to its passengers and demonstrated by moving the seat before the girl up so she could cross her legs.

I guess the air lines today want to pack more people in and make more money!

If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets. Mel Brooks

tjoeb};>

Edited by tjoebigham (Sat Jan 26 2013 10:52 AM)

Moderator:  bloomsby