Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#953332 - Mon Dec 03 2012 11:49 AM William and Kate expecting a baby
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Kate was taken to hospital due to excessive morning sickness so St James Palace have announced that she is pregnant. They don't normally announce pregnancies too early but from what I can gather it is to stop speculation as to why she is in hospital.

#953342 - Mon Dec 03 2012 02:08 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: sue943]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Awwww! That is lovely news. Hope she gets over the illness quickly.

But isn't the media going to be unbearable for the forseeable future??

#953344 - Mon Dec 03 2012 02:37 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
I really feel sorry for other young women who are expecting to have a baby in the same month as her. Back in 1977 I was pregnant, then as is customary, once she was past the three months stage Princess Anne' pregnancy was announced. Both of us due in November so for months I had "How nice to be having a baby the same time as Princess Anne". Then on the 15th November as I was getting through the contractions I am told that she has just given birth! Thank goodness she didn't have a girl because it is also customary to wait before announcing the names. Had she chosen the same name as me no one would have believed that I didn't copy her. I even had one person commenting on a birth congratulations card that it was wonderful to give birth the same day as Anne - no it wasn't.

#953349 - Mon Dec 03 2012 03:05 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: Copago]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
Originally Posted By: Copago

And FT?

#953380 - Mon Dec 03 2012 04:50 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: dippo]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
We're curious... the media, I'm not so sure smile lol

#953420 - Mon Dec 03 2012 06:37 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: dippo]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: dippo

And FT?

errr, I thinnk we'll get over it pretty quick.

#953421 - Mon Dec 03 2012 06:45 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: Copago]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        

errr, I thinnk we'll get over it pretty quick.

I am already over it.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#953425 - Mon Dec 03 2012 07:42 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: ozzz2002]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Sue, it sounds like your daughter is about my age. I will be 35 in 24 days.

As for Kate's expectancy, most have been hounding them, "When is she going to get pregnant?" "When is she going to have a baby?" I say leave them be on that.

#953432 - Mon Dec 03 2012 08:15 PM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: dg_dave]
Trigger7 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Morden Manitoba Canada       
Tonite, this was the lead story in our "National" News, as well in the "Entertainment Tonight" segment. I don't find it to be worthy of either catergory, I M H O.
Oh Yeah, I forgot the Sports Headline - the NHL is still in Lockout, Season is likely toast!
Can't fail to mention the Weather - 50% Chance of Everything!

#953468 - Tue Dec 04 2012 01:04 AM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: Trigger7]
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California
I was kind of worried about her because getting that sick when you're slender, you don't have much weight to spare and miscarriages aren't out of the question at that early stage. I mean that it's a shame that something like this can't be more private for them.

#953554 - Tue Dec 04 2012 11:22 AM Re: William and Kate expecting a baby [Re: Copago]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England

Reminds me of a Hale & Pace sketch of long ago. The two met in the park in true conspiratorial spy fashion and dressed as such.

Hale said to Pace, "I have to leave the country and leave it now!"

Pace replies, "Why, what has happened?"

Hale says, "Have you seen the headlines?"

"No" says Pace "What are they?"

Hale shows the newspaper to Pace and written there is 'Diana pregnant again'

I suppose there'll be no getting away from every tiny detail in any country now. Yes, the media will overdo it. smile

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943