Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#957130 - Sun Dec 23 2012 04:49 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Howie72]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
It was a celebration. And a thank you. Definitely. Please continue with your lovely photos. frown

Here's our local "live crib" nativity scene where austerity is apparently the watchword, so it's stripped down to one little donkey and one, er, goat.

Feeding time, and the goat gets to the ivy snack before the donkey does, and oh boy is he smug about that. I hope you all note that donkey's name! .

#957133 - Sun Dec 23 2012 05:24 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Chavs]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
It was a celebration Howie, please keep posting.

#957156 - Sun Dec 23 2012 09:54 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Christinap]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
I have said this before and tried my best to explain. Howie, we treasure enjoy and admire all the photos here. I have had a wonderful time seeing and loving yours and for that , I would find it tragic if you left us.
The collection of photos that we decided to celebrate from this year were just that, a celebration. It was intended as a piece of fun, and to let the whole membership of Funtrivia see how wonderful our efforts(all of them) are. I don't know how else to say it,except that, in view of the negative views of a few of our valued members, there will not be another event like this again. We never intended to upset you like this. I stand by the honesty of my statement that this was intended purely as a celebration of the talents of all of us. Please stay.

#957162 - Sun Dec 23 2012 10:59 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: ren33]
Howie72 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Timaru NZ
As I mentioned to you, I enjoyed the competition and viewed it as a celabration and a thank you to those posting photos. I would be more than happy for it to be an annual event but it is the harsh criticism of it that I did not enjoy and that is making me consider whether I want to be a part of this. It would have been easy enough for people not wanting their photos as part of it to say so. There are things in the forums that I am not keen on but I don't say not to have them and to criticise them. I just leave them to those who enjoy them.

#957163 - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:14 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Howie72]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Sorry, Howie, I had got used to trying to explain and didn't read into your meaning properly. I am glad you see it as it was intended. That said I still don't want anyone to leave, whatever their feeling.

#957165 - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:21 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Howie72]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I know it was disappointing to see critism of what was meant to be a nice gesture but please get the thoughts of not posting any more out of your head, Howie!

It wasn't a competition it was just meant to be a bit of fun. I think some people took it that you would need wonderfully technical photos but I think the pics that made the short list were chosen becuase of "interest" factor and not technical brilliance. I enjoy every single photo that is posted here. From the beautiful photos that could be in exhibits to the slightly blurry photos of a beloved dog. They all have merit and I hope everyone will continue to share with us their little slice of the world.

#957169 - Sun Dec 23 2012 11:52 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Copago]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Please don't leave Howie. I was going to for the opposite reason, but have come to my senses.

Can we please just get back to posting photos? My stomach is churning again.
(Before we do, though, please don't say it wasn't a competition. There was voting and a winner; that is a competition.)

#957171 - Mon Dec 24 2012 12:03 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: spanishliz]
Copago Offline

Okay, Liz. It was a competition.

#957232 - Mon Dec 24 2012 03:48 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Copago]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Sigh. I actually thought it was pretty cool that people who don't normally "live" here selected a bunch of photos that interested them, because it provided an entirely different perspective on things and we could have another look and get to see what those folks admired about them. Had it not gone further than that, I wouldn't have had a thing to disagree with lol.

I apologise to anyone I "upset" with my message (I removed/replaced the original yesterday). In any case, I'm only one voice. But I must say that even if there was a contest every week, it doesn't mean I would pack up my camera bag : )

Howie, you're obviously a much better person than I am and I respect your opinion. You're funny, charming and interesting - and your pictures reflect that. It would be a shame if we all couldn't go on celebrating them!

Anyway, speaking of celebrations, I hope whichever holiday is applicable this month for each of you around the world is a fun one and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013.

Edited by Jakeroo (Mon Dec 24 2012 03:49 AM)

#957283 - Mon Dec 24 2012 01:06 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Jakeroo]
Copago Offline

Lovely pic.

Another kangaroo wink
This one, though, was rescued by our neighbours and we get to look after her for a few days. laugh

here she is getting fed http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab261/copagostation/DSC00581800x600.jpg

Edited by Copago (Mon Dec 24 2012 01:06 PM)

#957288 - Mon Dec 24 2012 02:36 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Copago]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Oh Jill , what a little sweetie!Those eyes are incredible!
Jakeroo, thanks for your wishes! That's a beautiful thingie.

#957299 - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:21 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: ren33]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

With all our bad weather I havn't had much change to get the camera out lately, so havn't posted much this month. I would however like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Christmas, or whichever holiday you celebrate. May your God go with you.

#957301 - Mon Dec 24 2012 05:47 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Christinap]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I have been caught in rain many times now and besides raindrops and wet lenses ploughed on as I was already there and found as long as you use a cloth and ignore the spots in the air you can still get something usable, but the short days have almost but not totally finished me off. I was heading for Crayford today (it happens), but although there were no schools traffic there was Christmas shopping traffic, and stopped in Sidcup after almost 2 hours and called it a day, having a good number of material already. This was about the last in Bickley and shows what is possible with a reasonable size camera and a steady hand or tripod.

UN IPCC

#957316 - Mon Dec 24 2012 09:48 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: satguru]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

David: you're a patient soul! When I first glanced at that pic, it looked sort of like a ship (yes I know I'm weird). I gather it's a sign that shows a map of the neighbourhood?

Ren: the "thingie" is supposed to be an angel blowing a trumpet. She's weighed down with snow (Mother Nature can stop now - we have our white Christmas and then some, thanks lol) so her details are obscured. And sadly, she's had two terrible accidents involving wind during two "blizzards" (one of which she ended up over the fence on the right and into the neighbour's yard!). So parts of her are quite bent out of shape. Somehow that seems fitting for this time of year lol.

Jill: awwwwwwww on both pics. Did she lose her mum?

Edited by Jakeroo (Mon Dec 24 2012 09:49 PM)

#957317 - Mon Dec 24 2012 10:08 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Jakeroo]
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
When I first glanced at that pic, it looked sort of like a ship (yes I know I'm weird). I gather it's a sign that shows a map of the neighbourhood?

I guess I am weird, too. I thought it was a ship, too. smile

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#957318 - Mon Dec 24 2012 10:22 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: ozzz2002]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Ozzz: "Rut-roh" (in my best scooby doo voice) lol

Okay, I was feeling sorry for Alex and ClaraSue not being able to connect directly during the holiday season, so I'm performing a match.com manoeuvre lol...

Originally Posted By: ClaraSue

Here's Alex looking sweet in his Christmas finery (actually he looks scared to death grin). See ClaraSue in the Theme thread. They both hate posing.

#957337 - Tue Dec 25 2012 02:47 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Jakeroo]
Howie72 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Timaru NZ
The tugs giving the "Anking" a helping hand on approach to the Port of Timaru.

#957340 - Tue Dec 25 2012 04:06 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Howie72]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
And how glad I am to see them, Howie. smile

PS. Do you think it's too late to ask Santa for that baby kangaroo?

#957370 - Tue Dec 25 2012 09:07 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Chavs]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

We have a White Christmas! This was taken just a few minutes ago, out my front window smile

The baby kangaroo is lovely!

[edited to post photo correctly...]

Edited by spanishliz (Tue Dec 25 2012 09:08 AM)

#957374 - Tue Dec 25 2012 11:20 AM Re: December is upon us! [Re: spanishliz]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
That sign is a piece of modern art, to go with the designs of the houses which were around the late 60s, and is indeed a map of the estate.

I have solved the focus problem more or less, when I was out today and couldn't get it to focus at all I thought I'd try the computerised exposure, which I'd never used till now as it uses the full pixels and produces massive files (excuse me missus), but there was no alternative and when I did the screen sprang into life. Now I can get round that issue it will double the photos I can take during the winter dark afternoons. This is a modern house in Hersham.

UN IPCC

#957392 - Tue Dec 25 2012 05:58 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: satguru]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Is your house like that too, Liz? It is absolutely the sweetest and I want to come and see it!

#957396 - Tue Dec 25 2012 06:31 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: ren33]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

That's lovely Liz, so pretty, and gorgeous looking little houses.

#957399 - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:13 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Christinap]
Copago Offline

Love the snow! Lovely Liz.

I'm not sure of the back story of the roo but I would say that her Mum must have died.
Here is a first for me! A cat. She is one of the neighbour's cats who thought she'd pose for me.

#957400 - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:16 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: Copago]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
and very pretty too!Almost as much a poser as Precious!

#957406 - Tue Dec 25 2012 09:45 PM Re: December is upon us! [Re: ren33]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Such a pretty kitty! (Don't tell Precious I said that, though!) My house is not quite the same, but all the ones on the opposite side of the street are. I'll try to get a pic of mine tomorrow during the day to post.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33