Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#954658 - Sun Dec 09 2012 08:59 PM Quizzes played
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Is there a way to determine not just whether you've played a quiz already, but also when? (Assuming gold membership, of course).

I've looked around the site, and I found something called "Your Quiz History", but it only lists quizzes, and gives no dates, and frankly it doesn't even seem very up-to-date, and the quizzes seem rather randomly listed as well.

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizhistory.cfm

Is there a way to see a list of the quizzes you've taken in the last 30 days, with the dates & times you played them? Or am I dreaming? tongue

#954660 - Sun Dec 09 2012 09:40 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gracious1]
gtho4 Online   FT-blank

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
I've never seen such a list. The server would probably chew itself to death tracking that detail.

#954664 - Sun Dec 09 2012 10:43 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gtho4]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
On another thread, it was suggested that you can set your browser to only record your last 30 days of your internet history, and will then only see what you have played in the past 30 days as ticked. I am not sure how to do that, and haven't had the energy to experiment, but someone has successfully done it.

#954666 - Sun Dec 09 2012 11:24 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I'd imagine the time (and maybe even date) would be too much, although I am interested as well in seeing a list of quizzes I've played. (Also, see below.)
Maybe if it was possible to distinguish between today - 30 days ago & over 30 days ago, yes, but not the exact date.
I know there's been discussion about whether it would be able to distinguish between quizzes played within & quizzes played over 30 days ago. I seem to remember reading the system does not store dates. However, it must be stored, because on some daily challenges, it's able to determine whether a quiz has been played within 30 days or over 30 days (to determine if a quiz counts). Therefore, it would be interesting to know whether a quiz has been played within 30 days and (probably more likely) a list of quizzes I've played so far.

#954670 - Sun Dec 09 2012 11:35 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: Buddy1]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Okay. Ignore some of what I just said. I thought the link was a different link, when in reality, the link provided me with much of what I wanted to know. I wish I knew about this link earlier.

#954683 - Mon Dec 10 2012 12:39 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gracious1]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
Originally Posted By: gracious1
Is there a way to determine not just whether you've played a quiz already, but also when? (Assuming gold membership, of course).

I've looked around the site, and I found something called "Your Quiz History", but it only lists quizzes, and gives no dates, and frankly it doesn't even seem very up-to-date, and the quizzes seem rather randomly listed as well.

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizhistory.cfm

Is there a way to see a list of the quizzes you've taken in the last 30 days, with the dates & times you played them? Or am I dreaming? tongue

Are they really that random? Looking at my list, the last pages look like the last few quizzes that I've played so the first pages therefore are probably the first ones that I did (as a member at least).

#954684 - Mon Dec 10 2012 01:04 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: Snowman]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

The list seems to me to be related to order of play, even though it does not have dates. I did not, however, have the energy to scroll through all of my played quizzes 50 to a page to find the most recent ones and make sure.

#954685 - Mon Dec 10 2012 01:18 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
I went all the way back in my history...the last quiz listed is almost the last quiz I played. Seems right, although the order does seem slightly weird...don't know why.

Edit: I think they're in order either of date online or plays...the last quiz listed was the most recently put on line, but the last quiz I played is about six or eight in front of it.

Edited by Mariamir (Mon Dec 10 2012 01:22 AM)

#954687 - Mon Dec 10 2012 02:09 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: Mariamir]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Are you saying that it shows the first quizzes played on the first page? (Still doesn't quite match with my memory). Well, it's certainly not showing the quizzes I have played over the last few days.

Edited by gracious1 (Mon Dec 10 2012 02:10 AM)

#954697 - Mon Dec 10 2012 03:53 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

How many pages have you checked? I got tired of flicking through them myself. You would have to go all the way through to the last page to find your most recent quizzes.

#954703 - Mon Dec 10 2012 05:46 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
There are calendar shaped databases where you could copy the quiz title into on your own. Extra work for you.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#954709 - Mon Dec 10 2012 06:08 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: mehaul]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Using the link above, it is in order by quiz number, so it's the first quizzes ever placed on the site. My first page ends with quiz #218 (everyone's will most likely be different). Recently online quizzes (~#350,000) will be at the end of the list, when you finally get to it.

#954724 - Mon Dec 10 2012 07:06 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: dg_dave]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
On the link provided in the first page, why are the scores down to five decimals? It seems like a waste, as it is impossible to even get half a mark on FunTrivia.

#954733 - Mon Dec 10 2012 09:27 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: George95]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
It seems rather random to me, as well. The first page is most certainly not my most recently played quizzes. If it is ordering it by the first quiz I played listed first, the list still seems odd; I cannot picture myself playing those first 50 quizzes at all. I only played my favorites that I knew well for my first 300 quizzes, or so I thought.

Not that I'd ever seen the list before. wink

#954748 - Mon Dec 10 2012 12:51 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
On another thread, it was suggested that you can set your browser to only record your last 30 days of your internet history, and will then only see what you have played in the past 30 days as ticked. I am not sure how to do that, and haven't had the energy to experiment, but someone has successfully done it.

You have to adapt the internet settings on your internet browser. For instance, in Internet Explorer 8 you'll see under "Internet Settings/General" first your homepage, then the Browse History. Adapt this from the standard 20 days to 30 days, and every internet page visited in the last 30 days will sport another colour (in my case purple) from the other links (in my case light blue).

I'm quite sure you can adjust the colour scheme too, but that's a trick I didn't find yet.

#954835 - Mon Dec 10 2012 07:39 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
How many pages have you checked? I got tired of flicking through them myself. You would have to go all the way through to the last page to find your most recent quizzes.

I went through all the pages. It still seems random. And many recently taken quizzes were not listed.

#954837 - Mon Dec 10 2012 08:03 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gracious1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Dave is correct.

Quote:
Using the link above, it is in order by quiz number, so it's the first quizzes ever placed on the site. My first page ends with quiz #218 (everyone's will most likely be different). Recently online quizzes (~#350,000) will be at the end of the list, when you finally get to it.

Most newer quizzes will be on the last page of the list, especially if your most recent plays are newly-online quizzes.

#954840 - Mon Dec 10 2012 09:18 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: kyleisalive]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Gee... that seems a less than ideal way to organize the list! Wouldn't it make more sense to put them in order taken? It's not really a "history" if it isn't chronological!

And that still leaves us with the dilemma of how to determine which quizzes are taken in the last 30 days.

#954841 - Mon Dec 10 2012 09:21 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Have you tried JanIQ's method?

#954845 - Mon Dec 10 2012 09:59 PM Re: Quizzes played [Re: looney_tunes]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Gee... that seems a less than ideal way to organize the list! Wouldn't it make more sense to put them in order taken? It's not really a "history" if it isn't chronological!

Less than ideal for those seeking the list for frequent use perhaps. I can't see there being great demand for players looking to remember the quizzes they played yesterday, the day before, etc. for more than a couple of reasons. What I can see is the amount of strain it would put on the system to recalculate these listings for each individual player upon every query (especially for those who've played thousands of quizzes).

In regards to the last thirty days issue, Jan's idea works pretty great. I personally avoid quizzes I've played (I've only played 6,000-ish, so it works out to about 110,000 other quizzes I can work with) for the daily challenges and avoid the issue altogether.

#954865 - Tue Dec 11 2012 12:00 AM Re: Quizzes played [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
That's what I do, Kyle. Little trickier with 35,000, but doable. wink

Moderator:  Terry