Another “oops” moment… I burnt my toast this morning, causing my smoke detector (the battery-operated one on the ceiling of my bedroom) to go off. [There are two other detectors, but they’re conne cted to the fire alarm system—there’s one on the wall in the bedroom, and there’s one in the hallway just as you come in the door].
Sue didn’t know there was smoke pouringfrom the kitchen because the fire bell didn’t go off [fortunate it didn’t, as that would have summoned the fire trucks It was embarrassing enough without them—starting with the fact that I burned my breakfast, then proceeding to the fact that I had to temporarily vacate my apartment while it was being aired out, to the fact that several of my neighbors were out in the hall—and news around here travels so fast that, I have no doubt, *all the ladies on my floor know, and I’d be very surprised if the whole building isn’t up to speed by tomorrow]
(1) Young I may be, but even young people are entitled to their opinions.
(2)Attempting to silence me doesn't hurt me, but the silencer.
(3) I must remain true to myself.