Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#955227 - Wed Dec 12 2012 09:43 PM Oops!
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I was feeling a little sick to my stomach today... and then it finally occurred to me: "Oops... my *salad* made me sick!"

Here's the bad thing I did: Two weeks ago, I bought lettuce from the store--but I didn't use it because I ran out of lunch meat. So I kept it and used it last week--when I also ordered a fresher bag. So I dumped both bags into a bowl--and divided the lettuce among four containers. [Fortunately, I ate the last one today, so I have all fresh salad ingreedients for this week.] **It should be noted, though, that it didn't feel that bad when I put it in--so I didn't think there was an issue. But I was doing some reading, and it said in the article that things like lettuce don't generally last beyond a *week.

I'm starting to feel better now--and also more than a bit foolish. [No fever or anything--just stomach upset.]

#955307 - Thu Dec 13 2012 01:25 PM Re: Oops! [Re: Jazmee27]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Another “oops” moment… I burnt my toast this morning, causing my smoke detector (the battery-operated one on the ceiling of my bedroom) to go off. [There are two other detectors, but they’re conne cted to the fire alarm system—there’s one on the wall in the bedroom, and there’s one in the hallway just as you come in the door].

Sue didn’t know there was smoke pouringfrom the kitchen because the fire bell didn’t go off [fortunate it didn’t, as that would have summoned the fire trucks It was embarrassing enough without them—starting with the fact that I burned my breakfast, then proceeding to the fact that I had to temporarily vacate my apartment while it was being aired out, to the fact that several of my neighbors were out in the hall—and news around here travels so fast that, I have no doubt, *all the ladies on my floor know, and I’d be very surprised if the whole building isn’t up to speed by tomorrow]

Moderator:  ren33, sue943