Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#956091 - Tue Dec 18 2012 05:57 AM Some help with FT terminology
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I was wondering if someone could clarify some of the terminology used for categorizing quizzes.

What is the difference between "Something in Common" and "By Theme(s)". I see these appearing in various categories, like Entertainment, and I can't quite see the difference.

I have more questions but I'll start with this one. wink

#956094 - Tue Dec 18 2012 06:31 AM Re: Some help with FT terminology [Re: gracious1]
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I don't think there is a difference there. It's just whichever one someone thought about when structuring the category. You'll find the same types of quizzes in both.

Editor for Humanities and Movies

#956124 - Tue Dec 18 2012 09:44 AM Re: Some help with FT terminology [Re: LadyCaitriona]
agony Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
I wouldn't worry too much about it, either. We do expect authors to get in the right ballpark with their submissions, and to pay attention to where an editor has placed a quiz so others in the series go there too, but we don't expect you to have a complete grasp of every single little subcategory. We barely do that ourselves.

#956128 - Tue Dec 18 2012 09:52 AM Re: Some help with FT terminology [Re: agony]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
What is the difference between "Something in Common" and "By Theme(s)". I see these appearing in various categories, like Entertainment, and I can't quite see the difference.

The latter is one of Entertainment's main subcategories. In it you'll find quizzes with a mixture of media forms all linked by a common theme.

I'm not sure where you're looking for the former. TV & Movies Mixture? If so, the quizzes in that subcategory *ONLY* involve TV and Movies, not Books, Video Games, Music, etc.

The difference is that you need to dig a bit deeper into the expectations of the subcategories (the guidelines) to better place the quiz. If you're having trouble doing so, the editors will be able to help.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4