Maintenance was up today about my commode for the third time in… two weeks? Hard to believe, and the problem’s been going on for about a month now (looks like “third time lucky.”

**Problem = running on and off when I wasn’t touching *it

**First maintenance visit = Royce put in a new “flapper,” at which time he explained (briefly() what it &did

**Second *time = toilet not only was *running, but then it **sputtered and died [did I mention that this was **a few hours *after Royce was here?] Called Pam the next day, Friday—and she *promised to give maintenance the message—but she never did. [Called in again Monday, at which time a different flapper was put in]

Yesterday, three maintenance guys (Royce, Tom and… I think his name might be Roy) were here because the faucet on my kitchen sink was loose. Tom [the supervisor] askexd about the toilet, and I told him it was fine—because it truly seemed to be. Unfortunately, last night I’m sitting here reading a book when it starts running again. [So I called today—and again got Pam—but, apparently, the way I worded things got to her, since Tom and the other guy came up about an hour later.]

**End result = maintenance tightened hose and “fixed” flapper [and, so far, *business]

The other day, Grandma and I were talking about how Royce seems to cut corners—rush—in order to be in and out in the least amount of time. [Speedy’s fine, as long as you actually **get the job right the first *time]