Rules
Terms of Use

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1057796 - Sat Aug 09 2014 12:28 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India
Thanks, Jake. Looks like you got that guy to specially pose for you. smile

The All Night Lights by 36 Crazyfists

Budapest, Hungary

#1058022 - Sat Aug 09 2014 08:17 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Alberta Canada
Actually, that pose is most people's reaction upon looking at me lol.
Nice lights zorbz!

#1058126 - Sun Aug 10 2014 10:31 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bristol England UK        
More great photos and inspired posting from everyone. smile

Memory - Barbara Streisand.

#1060407 - Wed Aug 20 2014 08:26 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

#1063916 - Tue Sep 09 2014 03:46 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

The Beatles - Helter Skelter

#1064436 - Fri Sep 12 2014 06:20 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      

So why delete the pictures,Jakaroo?

Edited by ren33 (Sat Sep 13 2014 05:31 PM)

#1064455 - Fri Sep 12 2014 08:35 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

I haven't deleted them, but I have moved them all to somewhere else. I explained why in one of the other threads. Unlike submitted quizzes, FT does not own pictures posted by us as links. You cannot enter photos in certain contests if they are already posted (in any format) elsewhere on the internet. I prefer to leave my options open.

I do enjoy the submissions from other folks though, as I think the majority of them are fabulous, even if I'm sluggish/negligent and don't comment on each and every one of them. I presume I'm still allowed to look, yes? lol

#1064510 - Sat Sep 13 2014 04:13 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I am stepping in here since I now have quite a lot of additional work to do. It would have been better had you deleted the photos rather than leave the 'moved' messages.

I will now be going through and deleting each of the posts from you which have that message.

Sue

#1064528 - Sat Sep 13 2014 06:34 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Sorry, would have done that myself, but after so many hours/days/whatever, it doesn't let the original user do that.

And actually if you check back far enough in all the photo threads, there are plenty of links from various users that go absolutely nowhere. Instead of criticising ME for the "extra work", perhaps someone should have done some cleanup like say, oh, I dunno, starting from maybe 5 years ago? lol. Or perhaps someone needs to change the options in the forums so that people can delete stuff WITHOUT bothering moderators (yes, I know, FT doesn't own the software for this side, just a suggestion for the software writers). But thank you Sue for your time. I'm honestly sorry that this has cost your extra time.

And Ren? You've never EVER typed my username properly in 6 years, unless it was a direct quote/paste. Sheesh lol.

General "aside" (meaning not related to any of the above and not directed to anyone in particular):

It's nice to think one is perfect, I'm sure. But none of us are. But most imperfect things/actions can be be forgiven, given a good reason : )

Edited by Jakeroo (Sat Sep 13 2014 09:15 PM)

#1064950 - Mon Sep 15 2014 08:42 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

One Step At A Time - Jordin Sparks

The Stone Steps which connect the Old Town area to the Vistula river. Napoleon walked down these when he visited Warsaw in 1806.

#1064953 - Mon Sep 15 2014 09:45 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
CmdrK Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nevada USA
The graffiti is a bit disheartening.

#1064988 - Tue Sep 16 2014 01:59 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Originally Posted By: CmdrK
The graffiti is a bit disheartening.

Years ago Stonehenge used to be fully open to the public and we went on a school trip and sat on some of the stones to eat our lunch, it was horrifying to see all the graffiti on the stones, mostly scratched with coins etc, not paint. No wonder they closed it off.

#1065056 - Tue Sep 16 2014 04:33 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

I was watching a program on tv. They showed Stonehenge (as it really looks today), not like how it's depicted in many photos as looking like it's in a really remote area. There's a highway/freeway running by it, plenty of traffic and the "field" it's located in is really about the size of an average school park in Canada lol. So I've taken it off my bucket list of dream destinations lol

Edited by Jakeroo (Tue Sep 16 2014 04:41 PM)

#1065287 - Thu Sep 18 2014 10:18 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo
I was watching a program on tv. They showed Stonehenge (as it really looks today), not like how it's depicted in many photos as looking like it's in a really remote area. There's a highway/freeway running by it, plenty of traffic and the "field" it's located in is really about the size of an average school park in Canada lol. So I've taken it off my bucket list of dream destinations lol

If there is not a road nearby how would you expect to travel to Stonehenge? The A303 isn't exactly a motorway. Most of the traffic using the road would be to access Stonehenge. Canada is a slightly larger country than England, and less built up, you are not going to find many, if any places in England surrounded by miles of emptiness.

#1065295 - Thu Sep 18 2014 10:57 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

With the amount of traffic using the A303 it can't be long before it takes on motorway like proportions! There has been talk (for many years) about rerouting the road away from Stonehenge though no matter which way they try to go there will be complaints. They've even thought of cutting a 2.5 mile tunnel under the monument though that's not to everyone's liking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge_road_tunnel

Interestingly, only recently they've discovered that the original Stonehenge site was much bigger than first thought. I wonder how much of it has been unwittingly destroyed through the years?
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/...eology-research

I wouldn't take it off your bucket list just yet Jake...

#1065297 - Thu Sep 18 2014 11:09 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
I'm from Salisbury - it's a bit hard to live in the area round the stones and not dig up a long barrow every now and then; in fact that's how they found most of them: farmer + plough = oops, another burial mound. smile

#1065525 - Fri Sep 19 2014 09:12 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks for the update Martin, you are a scholar and a gentleman as always.

Ladies, I did not mean to DEmean the Stonehenge site at all. It's just that when you have a "vision/dream" of something (especially what with all the artfully taken photos that seemingly show next to nothing near it or in the background), it's a major reality check when you view the site from Google Earth and see how very closely it is "surrounded" by other things LOL!

Yes, I KNOW there has to be SOME sort of road to get there and yes I am aware we're much bigger than England (although admittedly, much of our land is pretty much uninhabitable from a modern perspective lol). Folks from other countries might be similarly (oppositely?) disappointed by the fact that an awful lot of OUR "provincial attractions" are not well marked, have no gas stations or places nearby to get food, lodging, or for that matter, latrines/plastic outhouses (never mind proper restrooms lol).

Flopsy: too funny. That's generally how folks here used to find our natural gas/oil/diamond deposits before geologists started using satellite imagery lol

#1065551 - Sat Sep 20 2014 05:28 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

I know what you mean though Jake. I was disappointed when I first went to Times Square. It really didn't match the vision I had of it in my minds eye - some vast square, surrounded by a low fence. Guess I should have Googled it first...

#1065575 - Sat Sep 20 2014 07:23 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
There's an old joke about a British tourist who wanted to see Times Square. He couldn't find it so, being a good Brit, he asked a policeman. "Would you please tell me how to get to Times Square?" The cop, who clearly thought he was insane, clutched his gun as though he was about to shoot the guy, and then said, in a very mocking way "Look, bud, go down here to the end of the block, turn left, at the end of the next block turn left again, down there a block, turn left and at the end of that block, that's Times Square." The tourist thanked him and set off - only to end up where he'd started. It was Times Square, it just wasn't square.

And if you wonder why he didn't realise that all those left turns would bring him back to where he was, well you've obviously never been to London where three left turns might take you anywhere.

#1065579 - Sat Sep 20 2014 08:26 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Jakeroo Offline
Multiloquent

lol good one.

Well, you know what they say: Two wrongs don't make a right.

(but 3 lefts do)

: )

#1065846 - Sun Sep 21 2014 04:06 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, Walker Brothers

#1065958 - Mon Sep 22 2014 08:25 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Nice contrast between the bright and dark sides of the sky, Christina.

Cool Cat by Queen

#1065988 - Mon Sep 22 2014 11:26 AM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Thank you - had a crashing thunderstorm about 10 minutes after I took the shot.

#1066540 - Fri Sep 26 2014 04:58 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

Danger! High Voltage - Electric Six.

#1066801 - Sun Sep 28 2014 05:14 PM Re: Picture My Record Part 2 Only one a week please
Christinap Offline
Prolific

"La Mer" - Bobby Darin and many others

Edited by Christinap (Sun Sep 28 2014 05:15 PM)
Edit Reason: wrong photor

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy