Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#957389 - Tue Dec 25 2012 04:55 PM Christmas/Holiday 2012
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
For those of you who celebrated a holiday before the end of 2012, how did it go?

#957390 - Tue Dec 25 2012 05:10 PM Re: Christmas/Holiday 2012 [Re: Jazmee27]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Christmas dinner was just fantastic! Grandma came over to my place the night before, and we watched a bit of comedy before bed. There was a moment—as there is every time she comes over—in which we “argued” over sleeping arrangements:
Her: I can sleep on the couch!
Me: I know you can, but when you come over, I like to give you the bed.
[I almost lost my patience, as we have a similar exchange every time.]

Before coming here, she got her hair permed—then made the potato filling at Mom’s. She would have liked to do more, but there wasn’t really time.

The guests were (aside from myself and Grandma, of course): Robert SR. and his son Robbie, the latter’s wife Corissa and their two daughters, Gloria (two and a half) and Aubrey (five months); Crystal and her son Noah; Uncle Michael, Phil, and Edward (I left around 5:30, as Mom asked me if I was ready to leave since I looked tired—before leaving, she made me a plate for tomorrow.)

Dinner consisted of ham, turkey, potato filling, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, corn, pecan pie and cheesecakes—cherry and chocolate chip; there might even have been lemon, as in years past. And, for all I know, there was even more food.

Moderator:  ren33, sue943