Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#957394 - Tue Dec 25 2012 06:19 PM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Jazmee27]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Dallas TX USA                 
You'd be more apt to get a white Christmas than me, Jazmee. We had one a couple of years ago when 3" fell on Christmas eve (it took two days to melt).

#957401 - Tue Dec 25 2012 08:53 PM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: dg_dave]
jabb5076 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia USA
We had snow on Christmas Day here in Atlanta two years ago--the first time since the 1880s. This year it's just raining to beat the band.

#957412 - Tue Dec 25 2012 10:53 PM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: jabb5076]
Lones78 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Forrestfield Western Australia
I don't think snow at Christmas will EVER happen in Perth (Australia) frown - we are melting here at the moment with no let up in sight. 40C today and nothing below 38C in the 7-day forecast. Sunday is supposed to be 41C.

I've spent the last 2 days building Lego with my son - it's all done now. My daughter has been singing along with Dora the Explorer and her new toys (we can now all count to 5 in Spanish!) and if I never see another Dora toy again, I won't be disappointed!

Hubby is making the most of the weather - he's not moved from in front of the Playstation since yesterday afternoon!

#957413 - Tue Dec 25 2012 11:17 PM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Lones78]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
If anyone wants snow, give me a ring. I'll happily ship it out, you don't even have to bring your own shovel. Our lighted christmas display animals are almost buried already and largely unidentifiable as to species. Gotta luv that whole global warming thang lol.

dgdave: It took 2 whole days to melt? (giggles) oh dear. Snow doesn't generally "melt" til April here. Whatever we get from November on, we "keep".

Interestingly though, many years ago my parents and my niece once went to California (Disneyland) at Christmas time and it was actually colder there than here. It snowed. People at first though it was a "disney magic" thing (they do that with fake snow quite often). When they discovered it was real, folks were in a panic. My parents merely found it amusing.

Lones: yikes, I can barely stand 28C. But 41??? No, no thanks!

Edited by Jakeroo (Tue Dec 25 2012 11:18 PM)

#957426 - Wed Dec 26 2012 01:53 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Jakeroo]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ireland
I like the snow where it is - near your camera. That way I can enjoy it without any of the drawbacks. Thanks.

#957561 - Thu Dec 27 2012 04:21 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Jakeroo]
Lones78 Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

Lones: yikes, I can barely stand 28C. But 41??? No, no thanks!

They've just upped it to 42C grin

#957588 - Thu Dec 27 2012 08:37 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Lones78]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

If I were to see 42°C here today, it'd shatter a record high! That's a mere 28°C.

I'll barely see 42°F today!

#957606 - Thu Dec 27 2012 10:05 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: dg_dave]
George95 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ontario Canada
Happy birthday, Dave. As a present, come on up here and help me shovel the 10 cm of snow that's already fallen. It's still coming down.

PS: Thank you Santa, snow was on my list. The first snowfall of the year came on Christmas Eve.

Edited by George95 (Thu Dec 27 2012 10:06 AM)

#957612 - Thu Dec 27 2012 10:17 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: George95]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

I still have plenty down here, thanks.

Thanks also for the birthday wishes. smilee

#957712 - Thu Dec 27 2012 07:10 PM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: dg_dave]
Lones78 Offline
Prolific

One day, I'll get to see snow. For now, though, the inside of my freezer will have to do!

#959170 - Fri Jan 04 2013 12:21 AM Re: Hey ho my friends [Re: Santa_Claus]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Seeing/experiencing snow in person is kinda cool (the first time anyway). After that, the "novelty" wears off in a hurry lol

I know everybody (well those who live in colder climates) likes going to tropical places etc in the winter, but quite frankly the city with the best average yearly temp (for me, because I honestly don't like ridiculous heat) that I've been to (repeatedly) has been San Diego. Always seems to be in the 72F range : )

I've never been to Europe, but I suspect there are many places there like that as well.

Edited by Jakeroo (Fri Jan 04 2013 12:23 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, sue943