Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#959382 - Sat Jan 05 2013 08:24 AM Knockout points error (in description)?
mdurnanj Offline
Participant

Loc: Florida USA
I believe there is an error in a description of how knockout points are awarded. In the Knoockout game's "About & FAQ" ( http://www.funtrivia.com/ftfaq_single.cfm?cat=FunTrivia%20Knockout) it says:

"At the end of each week, players will receive "Knockout Points". You will earn one KO point for each player that you knocked out of the competition. So, a player who wins his/her division will earn 4 KO points."

But in the "Most KOs" link it says

"Scoring: 1 point per player you eliminate. You get a bonus knockout pt if you win your 16 player tournament, for knocking everyone out! Thus, a division winner will earn 5 KO points (Tue + Wed + Thu + Fri + WINNER bonus)."

The latter seems to be correct - winning a week appears to give 5 not 4 knockout points, because of the bonus. The "About & FAQ" seems to overlook the bonus.

Not too important, but I thought it might be worth pointing out.

#959679 - Mon Jan 07 2013 06:00 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: mdurnanj]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Fixed

#959718 - Mon Jan 07 2013 07:45 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: Terry]
eyhung Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: California USA
Not really. The text now reads:

Quote:

At the end of each week, players will receive "Knockout Points". You will earn one KO point for each player that you knocked out of the competition.
So, a player who wins his/her division will earn 5 KO points.

But, you only knock out 4 people per week with a win. You should describe the scoring as :

Quote:

At the end of each week, players will receive "Knockout Points". You will earn one KO point for each player that you knocked out of the competition, plus one KO point for winning your division.
So, a player who wins his/her division will earn (4+1) 5 KO points.

#959778 - Mon Jan 07 2013 10:44 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: mdurnanj]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
So, is the answer that you get four points for KOs and an extra for winning?

#959792 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:15 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: mdurnanj]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Yeah. Not that I've had much experience in winning in KO over the last few months. Sigh. I'm in a pretty deep slump. Bad times.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#959793 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:17 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: cubswin2323]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: cubswin2323
Yeah. Not that I've had much experience in winning in KO over the last few months. Sigh. I'm in a pretty deep slump. Bad times.

Have no fear, totally cyclical. I am on a roll after losing for weeks in a row.

#959794 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:22 PM Re: Knockout points error (in description)? [Re: mdurnanj]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
It's my fault. I've forgotten to play a couple of weeks, and I was without a machine during Thanksgiving week. KO's not as much on the radar these days. But yeah, those Friday wins make a big difference. It's definitely worth the muffins, bagels, and chicken dinners! LOL

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

Moderator:  Terry