Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#959738 - Mon Jan 07 2013 08:45 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: Tizzabelle]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I think simply adding an "Are your sure" screen would have been sufficient.

Or at the very least please swap logout and mail so I can at least see the mail link.

And please make it so when I keep the screen half size, it will use the whole space. Right now, what happens is this column:

Level 112: 2552 points today
Your Daily Challenges
143 of 227 challenges complete

becomes squished to the width of the word "Challenges" forcing it to become a really tall column, andleaving huge whitespace above and below the Fun Trivia log.

And the tabs are now too widely space apart too. The "Find" tab is no longer at the end but piled under the "New" tab. And the columns are all off on the new quizzes.

#959739 - Mon Jan 07 2013 08:48 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: gracious1]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

It's not that it's less pretty. It's that it has become frustrating and difficult to use.

And if Terry is really interested in making this a better experience for everybody, as you say, Tizabelle, I would like to be included in "everybody" too.

Edited by gracious1 (Mon Jan 07 2013 08:48 PM)

#959740 - Mon Jan 07 2013 08:48 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
It was prettier on my laptop before the chance, but it is much much much better on my iPad now. Won't be accidentally logging out any more...big plus!!

Likewise.
I actually liked the top corner the way it was before on my laptop. Now it looks a bit 'boxy'.

Quote:
I don't think it's fair that people who use iPads and tablets have precendence over others with regard to the look and feel of the site.

I think that the majority use desktops or laptops. Terry's still in there tweaking things and it might take more than this past couple of hours to get things evened out on all fronts. Please be patient; he won't leave it as an inconvenience for people.

As a note, the screen hasn't changed on my laptop; not sure what settings you have for your display (resolution and such). Just noting for posterity.

Edited by kyleisalive (Mon Jan 07 2013 08:53 PM)

#959745 - Mon Jan 07 2013 08:52 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Used to be that the links were right there in the top corner, easy to use, now I have to scroll over, can't even see them.

Would be better also without the blue border using up horizontal space. It doesn't change when I narrow the screen, should just go away instead of forcing the contents to pile up on one another.

As I say, this isn't about prettiness, it's about being able to use the screen. It used to be convenient, and now it is frustrating.

The names of the new quizzess are piled up and cut off, when there's actually room to fit them, it's just for some reason there are all the extra borders that won't change in size. They are needless. Just a lot of whitespace and then the content is forced into narrow columns.

Edited by gracious1 (Mon Jan 07 2013 08:56 PM)

#959748 - Mon Jan 07 2013 08:59 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
Barbarini Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta Canada
Gracious, have you tried going to the Edit link on your profile page - click on "I'd like a narrower screen. Enter small-screen mode." I play on a half screen on my laptop and that has fixed things beautifully for me. Perhaps that's the issue.

#959752 - Mon Jan 07 2013 09:14 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Changing it to narrower mode actually made it worse.

The writing is now teeny-tiny. And this column:

Level 112: 2552 points today
Your Daily Challenges
143 of 227 challenges complete

is still the width of the word "Challenges", when there is room to have the whole thing if the FUN TRIVIA logo would scoot over a bit.

So now, it's the same as it was, but with teeny-teeny writing that I can barely read.

Also, now the BUZZ and Challenges links are completely gone. I didn't want them to go away. I just wanted to see all the things I could see before, which included Buzz, Challenges, and Mail.

Edited by gracious1 (Mon Jan 07 2013 09:24 PM)

#959754 - Mon Jan 07 2013 09:20 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: Barbarini]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

As I just explained, selecting that option made it worse. It only made the print smaller, the columns are still squished exactly as they were with larger font size, and the Buzz and Challenges links completely disappeared.

Also the "Find" tab is still underneath and under-lapping the "New" tab, and the new quiz titles are very hard to read because they are cut off and moved to the next line, when actually there is room for the whole title.

Please Terry, give us the option to have the front page look the way it did back in April 2012 before you starting "tweaking" everything. It was just right back then. Every change you've made since then has made it worse, and now the front page is VERY difficult to use.

Edited by gracious1 (Mon Jan 07 2013 09:23 PM)

#959803 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:57 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I will look at the had screen tomorrow. I use half screen all the time, but the iPad is looking good.

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#959804 - Tue Jan 08 2013 12:03 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
The homepage stuff is still being tweaked. There are lots of considerations, lots of configurations, lots of devices. It likely is not perfect after the initial tweaks.

#959850 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:21 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

I do hope it is still being tweaked... My buzz button is gone! That's my favorite button. :P

#959852 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:48 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Hmm it certainly should be there.... What does your top bar look like?

It should be:

Salami_Swami - logout | Challenges - Buzz - Mail

#959853 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:49 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Salami_Swami - logout | Mail (0)

#959854 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:53 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Oh, that must be because you're in small-screen mode?

#959856 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:54 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Yes, I actually had just thought of that and was testing it out, Terry. wink

I use a half screen, and keep it in narrow mode. When I put it back to full mode, all the buttons appear. Changing it back to narrow gets rid of those others buttons.

However, I have been on narrow mode all day, I haven't changed anything in weeks... And all the buttons were there this morning. So I am not entirely convinced that is the problem.

Edited by salami_swami (Tue Jan 08 2013 10:54 AM)

#959857 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:54 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

I think there's probably enough room for Buzz there now for that mode. How's it look now?

#959858 - Tue Jan 08 2013 10:56 AM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

That looks great. The challenges is not an important link, since it's accessed just below it, but the buzz is a bit harder to find (especially since the other tab isn't labeled "buzz").

It didn't affect anything as far as room on the page, goes. So all is good. Thanks a million.

#959899 - Tue Jan 08 2013 06:05 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: salami_swami]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Looks like the piling up into narrow columns is fixed in normal screen mode. Thanks!!! It is almost exactly like it was before!

A little snag...The links beyond my username (logout, mail, Buzz, etc.) go past the border of the window, when before they were all in the little yellow box, even in wide-screen mode, which ironically actually worked best using half-screen windows. It was very convenient to have all those things in there at once. Would it be possible to have as an option to regroup them as originally? I understand that you redid it for the convenience of tablet users, but is it possible to offer the old way as well?

Thanks again.

Edited by gracious1 (Tue Jan 08 2013 06:21 PM)

#962412 - Tue Jan 22 2013 01:30 PM Re: Delete All Messages [Re: kyleisalive]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
Thanks Terry - the delete checker works, but if you confirm 'delete all', then the system does it and confirms, but then just hangs, and there's no way out of it except back about 3 screens.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Terry