Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#960132 - Wed Jan 09 2013 05:29 PM Access Difficulties
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
Earlier this evening, whilst at work, I submitted 4 new single questions to the site that were accepted by the system with no problem. However, when I submitted my fifth, the system sent me an error message and then wouldn't give me access to the site at all citing 'Error 403 Forbidden'.

Fair enough, I thought, I'll submit it again from my PC at home. I have just made a further attempt to submit my question and, again, received the error message here:

Security Note

Our system has detected input that it does not like. We have logged this input and an administrator will check it shortly. IP address 90.222.23.64 history logged for analysis.

Our apologies if this note is in error, but we are currently on a heightened security level due to recent attacks against our server. HERE 1: 90.222.23.64

Has anybody else experienced this today? If not, and it is only me, could someone have a look and see what's going on? I'm not getting my funtrivia fix and I'm beginning to go cold turkey!

Many thanks in anticipation...

#960135 - Wed Jan 09 2013 05:53 PM Re: Access Difficulties [Re: sisterseagull]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Don't try it again. This has happened to me twice and both times I got myself completely locked out of the site. It had something to do with the system reading part of the text as hacking code if I remember correctly, but Terry had fixed it and I was finally able to resubmit my question (after being let back in!) It's probably the same or similar problem, so Terry or Wes may have a definitive answer.

#960139 - Wed Jan 09 2013 06:14 PM Re: Access Difficulties [Re: sisterseagull]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Thanks Goddess.... Do I need to contact Terry or Wes directly or are they likely to pick this thread up?

#960140 - Wed Jan 09 2013 06:21 PM Re: Access Difficulties [Re: sisterseagull]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
For starters, don't try that question again smile Without knowing exactly what you typed, I can't say what caused the problem. Unfortunately I can't reset your access either (it's a system setting only Terry has access to), so you'll have to wait out the lock if you've been IP-blocked. This usually takes a few hours.

Oh, if you want me to analyze the question - please put it into http://www.rot13.com/index.php and send me the result via forum PM. rot13.com puts a very simple encryption on the text that will prevent any keywords that the server might dislike from showing up. I can then take a look and see what might cause it.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Wed Jan 09 2013 06:44 PM)

#960145 - Wed Jan 09 2013 06:35 PM Re: Access Difficulties [Re: sisterseagull]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Thank you Wes... You should have it as a pm in your inbox

Moderator:  Terry