Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 61 of 89 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88 89 >
Topic Options
#959701 - Mon Jan 07 2013 07:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vermont USA
Early today I used my option to trade out the difficult Crystal Ball challenge.
Later, after completing 2/3 challenges I used my points to obtain a new challenge.
My new challenge is the Crystal Ball challenge again.
I'm just wondering if this is typical when a challenge is opted out of but then again presented when points are used.
Thanks.
After writing this, I looked again and now have the Busy Bee challenge. I'm not sure if originally I had the Crystal Ball or not! At any rate, problem solved. Will accept the new challenge & check out of the forum!

Edited by aedan57 (Mon Jan 07 2013 07:26 PM)

#959715 - Mon Jan 07 2013 07:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
For real?

Fine, I'll add a period.

#959716 - Mon Jan 07 2013 07:41 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

A swap out will never choose the same challenge. I suspect you had a reload issue.

#959721 - Mon Jan 07 2013 07:52 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: K-W Ontario Canada
Are we to ignore punctuation and spaces between sentences now? It's not trivial, it's correct.

#959755 - Mon Jan 07 2013 09:23 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
My Difficult Challenge today is to score in the top 5 of my division in Triathlon. In other challenges that had a position requirement, I could see what my best previous accomplishment was. In Triathlon, I ma just getting Incomplete. Since I often forget to come back and check for the previous hour's finishing places, I have no idea at all whether I have even come close. I can, of course, see all my individual game scores, but not how the total compared with others, except for the previous one. Can this feedback be added to the challenge? It would definitely encourage me to set an alarm to stop work and come back to play again if I thought I was coming close on those attempts when I did actually play all three games.

#959784 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:00 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
RE: Knockout rewording:
I signed up for auto-enroll so I can't see the page as it was. The wording is different for that page. But I'm sure I need to say thank you Terry if the reference to daily challenge is changed to whatever you felt was a better way to say it.
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#959788 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:05 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

loony -- it would be nice. The problem right now is that the system simply doesn't store that information past the "last" game. I'll add it to the list though for a future upgrade.

#959798 - Mon Jan 07 2013 11:39 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks, Terry. It's not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it would be nice. smile

#959818 - Tue Jan 08 2013 04:55 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Aedan57 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Vermont USA
Yesterday I used my option to trade out challenge to win the Cryastal Ball game.
I have the Cryastal Ball challenge again today.
I seem to recall reading in the forums that a challenge wouldn't be given two consecutive days. Just wondering if my use of the trade yesterday voided the rule/policy or if it is indeed a bug.

#959837 - Tue Jan 08 2013 08:39 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Aedan57]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: aedan57
Yesterday I used my option to trade out challenge to win the Cryastal Ball game.
I have the Cryastal Ball challenge again today.
I seem to recall reading in the forums that a challenge wouldn't be given two consecutive days. Just wondering if my use of the trade yesterday voided the rule/policy or if it is indeed a bug.

Swapping out the challenge means that you did not pass or fail the challenge, so it is fair game to see the same challenge the next day.

#959846 - Tue Jan 08 2013 09:48 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

You just got unlucky aedan. When you switch out a challenge, the system effectively doesn't count you as ever having had it. It just replaces it entirely with a new challenge.

So today, the system looks back and sees that you never had that challenge and randomly gives it to you.

#959859 - Tue Jan 08 2013 11:10 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
bmrsnr Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Utah USA
Do I have any recourse where my difficult daily challenge was the "Play a new player-authored quiz within 20 minutes after it goes online" one and I got 8/10 within 20 minutes (actually 20 minutes exactly), missing one only because the answer of the fill in the blank was mispelled by the quiz author? I have screenshots to verify.

#959860 - Tue Jan 08 2013 11:12 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Afraid not. That's just awful luck. Hopefully your next attempt goes smoothly.

#960128 - Wed Jan 09 2013 05:06 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
kickaha49 Offline
Participant

Loc: Florida USA
My difficult challenge today is to beat a player in the "I'm the Expert!" game.

The system did not log my attempt of Jan/09/13 3:13 PM where I scores 1450 and was the winner of my Division.

That was my third attempt of the day and it did not the first two either. The only one showing on the results page at the time I am posting this is fourth attempt of the day. Thanks!

Take care and God Bless.

Steve

#960283 - Thu Jan 10 2013 11:52 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Did you play those games before you received the Challenge? Only Expert scores achieved after you've received the challenge will count, to avoid people having already played four categories they were not so good at by the time they have the challenge.

#960324 - Thu Jan 10 2013 02:10 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

That must be it kickaha... that challenge only counts played AFTER you get the challenge from the challenge page, and after an opponent is assigned.

#960338 - Thu Jan 10 2013 02:55 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
My difficult challenge for the day is to score 10/10 in the Easy game in under 15 seconds. Very early this morning (it was the 4am game, as it shows I was the winner even) I scored 13.66 and 10/10 in a Literature Easy game. It shows my challenge as incomplete.

#960354 - Thu Jan 10 2013 03:19 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
It doesn't count until after you have looked at the challenge page. Since the challenge wasn't "active" until after you scored that, it did not count.

I did that yesterday. I had scored 10 in 11 seconds, and then went to see my challenges a few moments later and it was to score 10 in 12 seconds. It didn't count that score because I had not done the challenges first. smile

#960359 - Thu Jan 10 2013 03:27 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: salami_swami]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
It doesn't count until after you have looked at the challenge page.

Thanks for the answer, good to know. Not that I like it at all, but if that's the way it is, I'll check each time now first thing.

#960368 - Thu Jan 10 2013 04:13 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Just that particular challenge or multiple challenges? I thought all challenges were retroactive for the day. (except the I'm the Expert Duel challenge)
I usually take the Bus Ride before I check my daily challenges, and it always counts whether my challenge was "Complete the bus ride" or "Play two 10-question quizzes in a row, scoring 8/10 on both". There have also been times in which I bought a challenge and it said "Complete" because I completed it before getting the challenge.
There has also been times in which I was told to rank in the top 25% or 50% and when I got the challenge, it would say "Best rank: x%" even if I played the game before getting the challenge.
I guess my question is which challenges are retroactive for the day. Also, I guess I want confirmation on whether or not there was a glitch.

#960369 - Thu Jan 10 2013 04:25 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Online   sick
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I think the "score this particular score in an HOURLY" are not retroactive. For obvious reasons, the daily games (such as the Bus Ride) are retroactive, because they are not completable otherwise. It's kind of odd, because some are retroactive and some are not, though they are similar challenges.

Terry would have a definite list, I'm sure, of which are retroactively awarded and which are not. But I think for the most part, they are retroactive, with the exception of this easy challenge and similar hourly challenges.

#960388 - Thu Jan 10 2013 05:17 PM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

I thought it was only the one that limited you to counting your four best plays in Who's the Expert that was not retroactive, since that would remove your control of which topics you played, and that everything else counted all plays.

#960510 - Fri Jan 11 2013 07:07 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Dreamcoat Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Sunshine Coast, Queensland Aus...
Wondering whether there's a problem with the Quiz Mode?

For "Difficult" today I have to "Use Quiz Game mode to score 3325 points taking player quizzes in each of the following categories: Literature, Music, Geography, Humanities, Television."

For some reason Quiz Mode isn't working for me today. I don't know whether it's my laptop or something more widespread. Anyone else having problems with this? (It starts, is slow loading, then hangs after the first question.)

Thanks.
Rick

#960513 - Fri Jan 11 2013 07:16 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dreamcoat. The "Play: Quiz" mode has been working fine for me today. All modes seems to be working. That probably doesn't help much but there it is.

Edited by Chavs (Fri Jan 11 2013 07:19 AM)

#960514 - Fri Jan 11 2013 07:21 AM Re: Daily Challenge Bugs & Questions [Re: Chavs]
Dreamcoat Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Sunshine Coast, Queensland Aus...
Thanks Chavs. I'll give it a go on my wife's Mac and see if it's any better. smile

Page 61 of 89 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88 89 >

Moderator:  Terry