Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#961020 - Mon Jan 14 2013 10:11 AM Score box
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Stoke on Trent StaffordshireUK
Would some kind person help me out on this one please.

Ive been trying to play the Busy Bee, but when I try to click on the scores box I can't....It's not clickable...

Some more info' The end of the page is in the middle of my screen....Scores,create a link,tell friends about this quiz don't click... 'Like and share with F' are scrunched up on top of one another!!

Edited by gracie3 (Mon Jan 14 2013 11:38 AM)

#961042 - Mon Jan 14 2013 02:49 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
The first thing I've learned (with the help of FT friends) when faced with changed locations and mushed up links is to check my browser window magnification setting. Changing it from 100% or changing it while a window is being displayed can cause some wrapping of text and link positions. On IE the magnify button is in a proximate position to the scroll button and can easily be struck in error.

#961047 - Mon Jan 14 2013 03:05 PM Re: Score box [Re: mehaul]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

I use Mozilla FireFox...Could you explain in simpler terms please

#961052 - Mon Jan 14 2013 03:30 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Magnify means to zoom in or out on a page. The IE uses a magnifying glass to identify it in the lower righthand corner. It is normally set for 100%. For vision aid, I set mine to 125%, but it is set that way when I get the page displayed. If I change the setting to 150% or down to 75%. I sometimes encounter rearranged link positions (more so in going small to large)
Computers use a thing called wordwrap. When you come to the end of a line, it auto carriage returns and types on the next lower line. If you reposition the end of that line by changing the size of the viewed page, things like links can get misplaced.
There used to be a related problem from the cache realm. Sometimes a new page was displayed against the format/positions of an old page and links were no longer where they were intended to be. But I think the coding gurus have solved that problem. A refresh never hurt though.
So, in simpler terms, if you've unknowingly changed your display size, your link positions could be in unexpected places. Assure 100% magnification and refresh. If Mozilla doesn't have a magnifying glass icon in the window surround area. surely there will be a command listed under your browser command line - tools or view - to change the zoom level.

#961054 - Mon Jan 14 2013 03:54 PM Re: Score box [Re: mehaul]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

I can't see one....I can change the size of the writing using the control and mouse scrolling thing....Why is it just on quizzes and not other pages?? I'll try the mouse and control button....Thanks for helping.

#961056 - Mon Jan 14 2013 04:09 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
Gracie, this might be a result of Terry changing some of the settings last week ... maybe when he gets here he'll be able to work out what's going on. It might help if you added a note to this thread saying what machine/device you're using and what operating system. For example, PC using Windows 7, laptop on Win 7 set to half screen, Android... whatever it is. In these circumstances, the chances are that only Terry can help you and other people, with the possible exception of Wes or Gtho4, can't help at all.

#961057 - Mon Jan 14 2013 04:14 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Perhaps someone with Mozilla (which I think is the base for IE: Internet Explorer) can help you better than I have.

#961058 - Mon Jan 14 2013 04:19 PM Re: Score box [Re: mehaul]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Thanks Flopsy..I hope it mendable ...

Mehaul,Ive twiddled my mouse scroll and control key and Ive made the print bigger.I can now click on the score box :))

#961060 - Mon Jan 14 2013 04:31 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
The Facebook "share" seems to be overlapping lower portions (the "share" and "friends like" are approximately on the same line); for some reason zooming in and out via ctrl-mouse scroll resolves the issue. This only is a problem on Firefox, not on IE or Chrome.

#961061 - Mon Jan 14 2013 04:48 PM Re: Score box [Re: TimBentley]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Oh thanks for that,Tim...Is that what we'll have to do on every quiz to see the scores?

Edited by gracie3 (Mon Jan 14 2013 05:21 PM)

#961072 - Mon Jan 14 2013 06:10 PM Re: Score box [Re: gracie3]
cubswin2323 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
On your FFx menu, the screen zoom in/out is under "view". You can also use Ctrl+ + or -.

December 23rd is Festivus. A Festivus for the rest of us! Get the aluminum pole out from the crawl space. A donation has been made in your name to The Human Fund. The Human Fund. Money for people.

#961158 - Tue Jan 15 2013 04:42 AM Re: Score box [Re: cubswin2323]
gracie3 Offline
Explorer

Thanks for that Dave....

Moderator:  Terry