Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#952550 - Thu Nov 29 2012 05:22 PM Abandoning an Author Challenge
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I have an Author Challenge I'm working on, but have reached an impasse. I would like actually to work on a different on, and let this one be, since it's keeping me from moving forward with Adventures in Authoring.

However, I'm concerned that if I 'abandon' the Author Challenge, the quiz will disappear from my Works in Progress thingie. I wouldn't want that to happen as I have written several questions and would hate to lose them all.

Will that happen?

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Nov 29 2012 05:23 PM)

#952553 - Thu Nov 29 2012 05:25 PM Re: Abandoning an Author Challenge [Re: gracious1]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
It will not disappear from your Works in Progress but you will not be able to reclaim it at a later date and have it count towards your Author Challenges total.

The quiz stays in your list and can be accessed as normal-- it just can't be a challenge quiz.

In this case I usually recommend retitling since someone else will be able to claim the title you gave up.

#952594 - Thu Nov 29 2012 07:58 PM Re: Abandoning an Author Challenge [Re: kyleisalive]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Well in that case, I suppose I must bite the bullet and try to finish it. The quiz wouldn't even make sense without the title. frown

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Nov 29 2012 08:02 PM)

#961044 - Mon Jan 14 2013 02:59 PM Re: Abandoning an Author Challenge [Re: gracious1]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
I'm in the same boat Gracious... I've been working on a challenge quiz and just can't seem to get it right. Every time I look at it I want to heave my laptop through the nearest window. I didn't realise that quiz authoring could stir such emotions aaaarrrgh!

Moderator:  agony, gtho4