Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#961872 - Sat Jan 19 2013 06:52 AM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
MadMartha Online   content
Star Poster

Loc: Georgia USA
I enjoyed your interview Stu. Wish I knew everyone here on Forums better but I tend to check in, play a few quizzes and chain games and leave. I'm trying to get to know everyone better though.

Nebraska is one of a handful of states I haven't visited yet. It's definitely on my to-do list. Thanks again for a great interview!

#961930 - Sat Jan 19 2013 02:17 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska USA      
Oh, there's some great stuff to see in my home state! Give me a holler if you want some Nebraska travel pointers wink

#961942 - Sat Jan 19 2013 05:20 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
I read the books of "Let the Right One in" and the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but have never seen the film or the TV series.
It's interesting to read your comments Stu - have you read the books too or just seen the film/tv?
I won't witter here lol, but may well start a thread somewhere else about what you say, it's fascinating to just hear someone take Twilight seriously for a start...
I read a LOT of the new paranormal romance type books, and your remarks about the prejudices faced by subsections of the population are - no, I shall stop lol. New threads elsewhere are required!

#962017 - Sun Jan 20 2013 04:33 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

I haven't read those books, I'm afraid. I read a lot of the Anita Blake books back in 2004-2005, but they took a turn toward Fifty Shades of Gray land and never looked back. (I'm not prudish--I'm reading Chuck Palahniuk as I sit here--but this shift in emphasis really hurt the series.)

Go ahead, Row--start the other thread! Maybe we'll get some quizzes out of it;)

#962200 - Mon Jan 21 2013 02:26 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
As fascinating an interview as I would expect. As a thank you for being one of my inspirations for upping my game as a quiz writer on here, before you head to Bedford, I'd like to buy you a beer in London and tell you about the time I stayed in a Hmong village...

#962256 - Mon Jan 21 2013 06:09 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Snowman]
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: Snowman
As fascinating an interview as I would expect. As a thank you for being one of my inspirations for upping my game as a quiz writer on here, before you head to Bedford, I'd like to buy you a beer in London and tell you about the time I stayed in a Hmong village...

Snowman, you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for the kind words, and drop me a line--I NEED to hear this story!

#962455 - Tue Jan 22 2013 04:50 PM Re: Interview with Stuthehistoryguy [Re: Pagiedamon]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
really interesting interview!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Pagiedamon, romeomikegolf, sue943