Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#962591 - Wed Jan 23 2013 06:14 AM Badge missing!
markswood Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Sussex England UK             
Five categories challenge has been accomplished (a few days ago), no sign of badge. cry

#962595 - Wed Jan 23 2013 06:44 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
dippo Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London
England UK         
If you read the Challenge, it says the quizzes have to be rated. Was it that many days ago?

#962607 - Wed Jan 23 2013 07:48 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: dippo]
markswood Offline
Forum Adept

Yes, they are all rated. When I go to "check my quizzes" it shows 5 eligible quizzes, but doesn't seem to want to give me the badge.

#962609 - Wed Jan 23 2013 08:19 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
It should arrive soon - the categories badges are a bit notorious for sometimes being late.

#962620 - Wed Jan 23 2013 10:15 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Hmm it is not showing you as having met the requirements...

can you list the 5 quiz IDs you believe count so I can check them out?

Thanks

#962627 - Wed Jan 23 2013 10:30 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
markswood Offline
Forum Adept

Quizzes:
#345,146
#346,138
#345,564
#346,826
#349,267

#962652 - Wed Jan 23 2013 11:15 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Fixed. Found an interesting timing issue in the awarding code that would have made awarding a little erratic.

#962786 - Thu Jan 24 2013 04:10 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
I haven't gotten my Crossword Crusher badge even though I have played over 530 crosswords in difficult mode. Wonder what's wrong?

#962824 - Thu Jan 24 2013 07:49 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
markswood Offline
Forum Adept

Thanks Terry, to the rescue as always.

Mark

#963423 - Sat Jan 26 2013 05:26 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Dizart Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Buckhaven Fife Scotland UK   
No sign of my Epic Author badge, my 200th quiz went on-line on Thursday 24th January...

#963495 - Sat Jan 26 2013 10:46 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Looks like it was awarded this morning.

#1158064 - Sun Feb 12 2017 09:43 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Kenners158 Offline
Participant

Loc: Hull
Yorkshire UK

Yesterday I was the winner in my Mind Melt timed group (number 19). How long does it take for the Mind Melt badges to appear on a person's profile?

#1158066 - Sun Feb 12 2017 11:02 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Juggernaut314 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Wisconsin USA        

#1158090 - Sun Feb 12 2017 10:19 PM Re: Badge missing! [Re: Dizart]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Dizart
No sign of my Epic Author badge, my 200th quiz went on-line on Thursday 24th January...

Have you been added to The Biggest Fan list too? I know that was an issue for a while. I apologize if that has been taken care of already.

#1158123 - Mon Feb 13 2017 06:37 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

General reminder: If you are waiting for a badge of the type "Complete this activity a certain number of times" (such as authoring 200 quizzes) and it doesn't show up, play any hourly or daily game with a nonzero score to "kick" the system a bit and it should show up soon.

For performance reasons, the system only checks accounts that have been active since the last check for any changes in these badges when it looks for them four times each day. Playing an hourly or daily is the easiest and safest way to get marked active and your badge should arrive on the next check (3:34 or 9:34)

#1159532 - Fri Mar 03 2017 11:29 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Anaxagoras Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Greece
I won in three different hourly games in 24 hours a few days ago, but i still haven't earned the Triple Win mini badge.

#1159577 - Fri Mar 03 2017 07:22 PM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Sorry, we don't keep hourly standings over more than 24 hours, so we wouldn't have any logs of what you won that day. However, most likely you did not return to the challenge page to claim it (this mini does not check in the background).

#1159607 - Sat Mar 04 2017 03:01 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
Anaxagoras Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Greece
You are right, I did not see that i had to return to the challenege page to claim the badge, as I thought it was given automatically.

#1159721 - Mon Mar 06 2017 01:41 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
brianbreese Offline
Participant

I just completed, or at least 'thought' I completed the requirements for the Alchemist badgelet over an hour ago. No badgelet awarded. Award page says it updates every 30 minutes. I maintain a list of the words required, and crossed each one off as I submitted them; culminating with GOLD tonight.
Is it possible that one of the FT powers can perhaps please check my account to insure all six elements are present? I'm thoroughly befuddled at this point.
Thank you
Brian (brianbreese)

#1159723 - Mon Mar 06 2017 02:09 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
Not an official reply...

If you think a word has been missed by the site, the Challenges area for the Alchemist badge actually lists the words completed and any outstanding needed words. It may also be one of those badges that aren't immediately awarded but take until a certain time of site database review for updating. I'd check the badge blurb screen and if no words are missing wait a day or two before doing a new posting elsewhere.

To get to the Alchemist Badge screen: > Word Wizaed > View Game Details (in the top header area there is the link) > click on 9 Badges can be won here > click on the go to in the Alchemist Badge area

A check on the requirements says it is a return here award and not an automatically delivered one. And sometimes those aren't immediately awarded but need to wait for a data review of the database which is done twice a day I think (Somehow 9:30 am & pm rings a bell) I see Szabo as the last listed winner.

Edited by mehaul (Mon Mar 06 2017 03:22 AM)
Edit Reason: delta 7 to &

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#1159726 - Mon Mar 06 2017 03:05 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Brian-- if you check the Word Alchemy challenge on the challenge list at http://www.funtrivia.com/challenges.cfm are all words checked off? You need to revisit that page to claim the badgelet.

If they're checked off and you still don't have it, then there's likely an issue Terry needs to look into.

Quote:
but need to wait for a data review of the database which is done twice a day I think (Somehow 9:30 am 7 pm rings a bell)

That's news to me.

This badgelet does not rely on 'data refreshes' or anything like that. The site goes down for maintenance to refresh whatever it needs to, and that's done infrequently now, almost always at 4am FST, when traffic is lowest.

But that doesn't affect players' Word Wizard scores or word turn-ins in this way.

#1159736 - Mon Mar 06 2017 04:43 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
namrewsna Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Utah USA
I have noticed a few minor discrepencies in badge reward schedule in terms of what is advertised on the challenge page vs. what actually happens (often this works in your favor as some which say rewarded once daily are actually rewarded several times per day) but sometimes it is a case of misremembering which of the various schedules the particular badge in question falls under. Your best bet in general when you don't get a reward you expect is:

Return to the challenge page. Many badges are of the type "immediately available for claim"...but do have to be claimed actively by simply returning to the challenge page. This is particularly important for daily achievement types as the record of completion criteria being met may not carry over to the next day and if there is a deeper technical issue you can get a timely note in to the feedback forum which may be seen by authorities in time to catch/correct it.

Even if going to the page doesnt do the trick immediately, going to the sublink at the bottom which is the posted number of total winners will list the last 100 winners with date and time the reward was given which can shed some light on the issue.

I think part of what mehaul was getting at are the ones which automatically reward 4 times a day...usually on the schedule 3:34 AM 9:34 AM 3:34 PM 9:34 PM. (See Point King for a random example) In a case like that, the pattern becomes apparent from seeing the cross section of past winners. Likewise if all past badges on a particular list have been awarded at 12:01- 12:02 A.M. or something like that... then you say "ok dangit it is rewarded end of day." You can be confident it is coming and just grumble quietly about the delayed gratification.

With Alchemist specifically, the reward times are all over the map so even if the challenge text were wrong or vague, that is a pretty good sign it is either a "claim instantly" or "instant automatic reward" type. Also as mentioned Alchemist is nice as it has the word checklist so you can see if you are missing any.

Edited by namrewsna (Mon Mar 06 2017 04:46 AM)

#1159747 - Mon Mar 06 2017 06:22 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Word Alchemy is a "need to claim" badge. It clearly says so in the text. Visit the challenge page and see which words is has marked as submitted or missing for you - you may be missing one you thought you entered.

The 3:34/9:34 badges are the result of a regular check of the database and generally have requirements that can be stated "Do something X times." When you feel you are due one of those but it does not come, play any one hourly or daily game. This marks your account as recently active and needing to be checked for badges. (A quiz might also work, but I found hourlies to be the most reliable). A good example for badges that need the little kick to be triggered are the author ones - your 50th quiz going online doesn't mark anything on your account (the action was the editor's). So play an hourly and the badge will arrive the next time through.

Finally, some badges, particularly for single hourly / daily scores arrive not immediately when you play the qualifying score but at the end of the hour / day, when the game scores. Keep this in mind!

#1159750 - Mon Mar 06 2017 07:19 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
brianbreese Offline
Participant

I'm ashamed to reveal that it was just a matter of claiming it on the challenge page. I've been on site for 5+ years and that didn't even occur to me. It should have. I humbly beg your forgiveness. I really should have known that. Thank you.

#1159766 - Mon Mar 06 2017 11:52 AM Re: Badge missing! [Re: markswood]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
No problemmo-- congrats on the win!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Terry