Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#950512 - Tue Nov 20 2012 02:32 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Well, it calls for a new Time Crunch at least.

#950514 - Tue Nov 20 2012 02:35 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kyleisalive]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
No, that was an attempt to keep our nerves all strung tightly. smile

Well, yes, there is that. But it depends on when you began planning it. wink

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

#950767 - Wed Nov 21 2012 05:01 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
Gil_Galad Offline
Explorer

Loc: Greece
I don't know if there's anything like this so far, but there could be a challenge where players have to find a quiz that's been online longer than 3-4 weeks, but still has the *NEW* tag (that is, a quiz that has been online long enough but has been rated less than 20 times). Then the players would have to play that quiz and answer correctly a minimum number of questions. Some variations of this are:

Easy level: Find 1 quiz with the above requirements and answer at least 5 questions correctly.

Medium level: Find 2-3 quizzes with the above requirements and answer at least 7 questions correctly in each.

Hard level: Find 4-5 quizzes with the above requirements and answer at least 8 questions correctly in each.

A possible variation of this could be asking the player to rate the quiz as well, but of course that would limit the challenge to GM only.

The point of this is to 'promote' obscure or unpopular quizzes, help them gain a few plays and, in the second variation, get ranked.

#950769 - Wed Nov 21 2012 05:12 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Gil_Galad]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
[Posted in correct topic]

-Nam

Edited by Nammage (Wed Nov 21 2012 06:39 PM)

#950770 - Wed Nov 21 2012 05:26 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Mariamir]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: Mariamir
No, that was an attempt to keep our nerves all strung tightly. smile
Well, yes, there is that. But it depends on when you began planning it. wink
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Lest Terry overlook the suggestion, I'll repeat it:

"Play a Tiny Subcategory" challenge

Player must find a sub-category that has only 10 quizzes or fewer in its directory. Player must play all quizzes, scoring at least 4 correct answers each quiz.

Medium or Hard

Variation:
Player must find a sub-category containing only 4-10 quizzes. Player must play four quizzes, scoring 5 correct answers each quiz

Medium or Hard

#950789 - Wed Nov 21 2012 07:50 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracious1]
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Gil_Galad, there's definitely at least one challenge to find those quizzes and rate them, but I guess it might be limited to Gold Members because of the rating.

#950790 - Wed Nov 21 2012 08:08 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: reeshy]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
There is one that states something like "Play 5 quizzes that have been on-line for over a month and has fewer than 50 ratings" but that doesn't relate to how many quizzes are in a particular sub-category. That's the only challenge I know of that is close to what you are describing.

#950839 - Thu Nov 22 2012 02:09 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Buddy1]
bitterlyold Offline
Forum Adept

Share a story? Okay. I love that. But where?

#950857 - Thu Nov 22 2012 04:18 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: bitterlyold]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
If you are referring to the challenge to share a story, go to the Chatboards, select General, and the look for the Official Story Thread (it is near the top). Part of the fun of challenges is finding some of the corners of the site you never even knew existed!

#951565 - Sun Nov 25 2012 05:03 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: looney_tunes]
joecali Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Cali Colombia            
Mark the quizzes played in the last 30 days it's a very nice idea(A green smooth or any mark)

#951977 - Tue Nov 27 2012 01:03 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: joecali]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
I have my internet browser set up to use a different colour for the games I've played within the last 30 days. It's quite easy to do this: just alter the number of days your internet history is conserved, and set it on 30.

Edited by JanIQ (Wed Nov 28 2012 11:59 AM)

#951984 - Tue Nov 27 2012 01:20 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: JanIQ]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Ooh, I had never thought of that, Jan! Thanks for the info!

#953672 - Tue Dec 04 2012 08:51 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

The "Play Your Least Played Categories" Challenge
(for Gold Members only)

Player is given the three categories in which s/he has played the fewest number of quizzes. Player must play 2 quizzes in each category and get 4 answers correctly in each.

Difficult

Note: Difficulty may be adjusted by varying number of quizzes per category and/or number of questions per quiz correct.

#953674 - Tue Dec 04 2012 09:01 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracious1]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: gracious1
(for Gold Members only)

Player is given the three categories in which s/he has played the fewest number of quizzes. Player must play 2 quizzes in each category and get 4 answers correctly in each.

Difficult

Note: Difficulty may be adjusted by varying number of quizzes per category and/or number of questions per quiz correct.

You have already suggested this more than once. Terry will see it. There's no real need for you to post in multiple times, unless you forgot you already suggested it.

#953681 - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:02 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
ASA Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide
  SA Australia   
Set up some quizzes with deliberate errors, and the challenge is to play the quiz and send a "correct" correction note.

#953685 - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:22 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: ASA]
Mariamir Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: ASA
Set up some quizzes with deliberate errors, and the challenge is to play the quiz and send a "correct" correction note.

I don't think the editors would want people to play quizzes with errors that they know are there...also, I pity the poor author who is going to be inundated with a ton of correction notes of which some, like it or not, are probably going to be wrong.

#953687 - Tue Dec 04 2012 10:32 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: ASA]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: ASA

Since challenges have to be completed within a day, something like this would have to credit achievement when the correction note was sent, even if it wasn't a valid correction, because an editor might not have time to do anything about it for a day or two. And we certainly don't want to be inundated with lots of quickly-sent corrections when there are enough real errors that need correction to keep us busy. Nor do we want to have quizzes with intentional errors hanging around the place!

edited to fix typo

Edited by looney_tunes (Wed Dec 05 2012 11:21 PM)

#953891 - Wed Dec 05 2012 11:06 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: kaddarsgirl]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Please read my suggestions more carefully.

My earlier suggestion was to play your WORST category, based on percentage correct. This challenge is based on number of quizzes you have played in a particular category. The two are not the same at all. For example, my worst category may be Sports, but my least-played category is Video Games.

Cheers!

Originally Posted By: kaddarsgirl
Originally Posted By: gracious1
(for Gold Members only)

Difficult

You have already suggested this more than once. Terry will see it. There's no real need for you to post in multiple times, unless you forgot you already suggested it.

Edited by gracious1 (Wed Dec 05 2012 11:08 PM)

#954137 - Fri Dec 07 2012 01:38 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: gracious1]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
My two least played categories are Animals and Video Games (Animals the least of those two, I believe). I usually score 0-2 in those categories unless my guessing is more accurate. So, I rarely go to those sections.

I think it's a good idea. Especially since it would get those of us who stay away from such categories to participate more fully in them.

-Nam

#954359 - Fri Dec 07 2012 07:16 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Nammage]
Dave42007 Offline
Participant

Loc: New Zealand
One idea for daily challenges, (if it has not already been suggested) is using the basic idea as the psychic hunt mini badge. To use one or more words from the crystal ball game, and completing a quiz with that word in the quiz title. The crystal ball game shows the last ten words giving a selection. It would be possible to adjust difficulty by adjusting; number of titles, number of crystal ball words needed to be used, percentage correct answers required, number of questions in quiz, some number of categories, or just specified category. These could all be altered to match skill level or to give variety.

#954402 - Sat Dec 08 2012 02:36 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Dave42007]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I like this idea, as I enjoy the challenge of finding the right quizzes to play.

#963144 - Fri Jan 25 2013 01:24 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
malik24 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Somerset UK
Since most of the daily games feature as a challenge, for gold members one on the World Game, Pot of Gold and perhaps even the Gold Member Madness games would nicely complete the set. If they already exist, I don't think I've ever had them. smile

#963169 - Fri Jan 25 2013 02:48 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

I had a "Beat a previous score" Medium challenge for both World Game and Pot of Gold. For World Game, I have also had a "Play it. Score doesn't matter" Easy challenge. Even though I haven't had an equivalent for Pot of Gold, that doesn't mean it isn't there.

#963924 - Mon Jan 28 2013 08:38 AM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
Idea for a challenge (or a badge/let):

There are five global divisons as noted in the sidebar on the front page:

Quizzes - Global
USA Quizzes
Canada
United Kingdom
Australia
Europe

And each of them are divided into categories.

So a challenge could be to choose a global division and play a certain number of quizzes in one/several/or each category. Amount would indicate level of difficulty of challenge. Divison & categories would be prescribed.

A badge/let challenge could be to play any one (or 5 or more etc!) quiz in each category in each global divison.

===================

There's also the Quiz Buffet http://www.funtrivia.com/quizmash.cfm that could be used for a challenge - get at least X questions correct on X number of quizzes in X different categories from the buffet menu - within the same hour?

Edited by Chavs (Mon Jan 28 2013 08:40 AM)

#964238 - Tue Jan 29 2013 01:30 PM Re: Daily challenges: Ideas for new challenges [Re: demurechicky]
Starlord Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cornwall UK
Originally Posted By: demurechicky
Perhaps as the game progresses, there could be a 'write a quiz'...in say, for example, 14 days, not an immediate challenge, but a 'challenge in progress'. Perhaps there could be other challenges like this, like write '10 new questions' and have them accepted to the new question game. Just a thought.

Very bad idea as this would tie up one of your challenges for 14 days, so it would make it impossible to buy a challenge if you got a Nemesis challenge.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Terry